Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Ledgie

Default Great news from Australia?

While cruising along the Gold Coast of Australia in a rented car this morning I was listening to "Jazz Channel(?)". After playing Peter's version of "Phonograph Blues" the DJ announced that Peter was to about to play in Byron's Bay on the Australian east coast around Easter this year and - now sit yourself down! - together with Mick Fleetwood Blues Band in Brisbane in late February!
Anyone who can confirm or got any details?

Did I choose the wrong period for my first visit to this continent or not?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm.

My initial reaction is that they have probably just got their wires a bit crossed. The Byron Bay Bluesfest is indeed on between April 1 and 5, and MFBB are indeed playing in Brisbane on 27 February, but I guess I have some scepticism about Peter Green playing with them. I haven't seen or heard any other mention of this, and I reckon you'd want word to get out about a drawcard like that...

I also think the dates are a bit far apart, and the MFBB's scheduled 45 minute set in Brisbane wouldn't seem to justify an extra (or extra long) stay in Oz, unless Peter Green was also planning to rock up at the other shows!

The thought is certainly extremely exciting, and I'd be happy to be wrong, but my bet would be that you won't feel as though you picked the wrong time for your trip.

Well, aside from the fact that we've had pouring rain for most of the last week.... I headed down to the Gold Coast today and the wettest we got was walking from the car and back; we didn't even make it to sand

Temperamental weather aside, I hope you're enjoying your visit!

***EDIT: Now that I've looked a bit further than my nose I can see that PG and Friends are playing shows in the UK at the end of February, so he definitely won't be down here with Mick!

Last edited by DoubtfulMiracle; 01-03-2010 at 02:23 AM..
Old 01-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Ledgie

Sorry about your weather experience; I've been here since New Year's Eve, almost without a drip of rain fallin on my head....., instead my northern-Europe-lack-of-sun skin has gone flaming red, even without spending whole days on the beach.
I agree that it sounds unlikely that PG & Friends would be around here from late February until early April, and at the same time play venues in Britain late February, but I had a look at the Byron Bay Blues Fest web site and it does confirm PG & Friends' performance on Sunday, April 4 (forty years and three days after his last gig with FM in Stockholm, Sweden, by the way)

Lucky you!!