Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I shall.

You remind me of someone else who used to be here. Makes me wonder if they still check IP addresses, for duplicates...

I'm spelunking tomorrow. Then we're going to a winery. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too.
I'm going to Aruba in 3 hours! Yippeee. Have fun Homer! BTW I remember back in the day when I was still a huge SN fan, I still thought your posts were funny. I was never offended by them and your avatar used to crack me the f up!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Here’s the transcript she posted here. It’s exactly what was posted on Facebook.
Thanks for re-posting. I read through the whole Rick Turner exchange. Sounds like he got his information second or third hand so I suspect that he doesn't have the complete story. Even if he has the right story, it probably doesn't contradict the band's story.

Sounds like the band was planning a tour and Lindsey decided that he also wanted to have a solo tour in between Mac gigs. That's something that no promoter nor management team nor band would ever agree to for obvious reasons. The band was planning this tour for 1-2 years and then Lindsey decides he wants solo dates between Mac dates. That's a bit selfish don't you think? Why couldn't he wait until after the Mac tour?

I suspect the band and Lindsey went back and forth over various permutations and what may have happened is that eventually Lindsey proposed doing his solo tour first and then the Mac tour in 2019 and that may have been when the band pulled the plug and fired him. In Lindsey's mind, he was probably still planning on some version of a Mac tour. In the band's mind, Lindsey was being selfish and unreasonable in trying to change a tour that the other members were planning for a long time.

If that's close to the truth, I can't blame the band. No band would ever agree to have their lead guitarist/singer tour at the same time as the main band. And the drama that Lindsey was creating with a solo tour in parallel to a Mac tour was probably not worth it from the band's perspective.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
All claims of sources aside, use your brain. Lindsey's not an idiot and knows time is not on the band's side - never in a million years would he have demanded Fleetwood Mac not tour for nearly two years after MusiCares!

We are being trolled here once again by someone who keeps parroting this outlandish excuse.
i just looked through this thread. i gave this person link to that Rick Turner convo TWICE already. yet he/she keeps requesting it again and again claiming they never saw it and they looked oh so hard. facebook link works too. it's not worth it. they are here to troll and derail threads.

saying you supposedly trust somebody who may or may not work for Lindsey but you don't trust Lindsey or people who directly work with him makes no sense whatsoever. oh and supposedly you trust somebody you just met who works for Lindsey but not his wife or daughter? o.k.

another person to block, life is too short for such bs, and over and over and over.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-27-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Thanks for re-posting. I read through the whole Rick Turner exchange. Sounds like he got his information second or third hand so I suspect that he doesn't have the complete story. Even if he has the right story, it probably doesn't contradict the band's story.

Sounds like the band was planning a tour and Lindsey decided that he also wanted to have a solo tour in between Mac gigs. That's something that no promoter nor management team nor band would ever agree to for obvious reasons. The band was planning this tour for 1-2 years and then Lindsey decides he wants solo dates between Mac dates. That's a bit selfish don't you think? Why couldn't he wait until after the Mac tour?

I suspect the band and Lindsey went back and forth over various permutations and what may have happened is that eventually Lindsey proposed doing his solo tour first and then the Mac tour in 2019 and that may have been when the band pulled the plug and fired him. In Lindsey's mind, he was probably still planning on some version of a Mac tour. In the band's mind, Lindsey was being selfish and unreasonable in trying to change a tour that the other members were planning for a long time.

If that's close to the truth, I can't blame the band. No band would ever agree to have their lead guitarist/singer tour at the same time as the main band. And the drama that Lindsey was creating with a solo tour in parallel to a Mac tour was probably not worth it from the band's perspective.
Really? Stevie held up tours for YEARS and when the WHOLE band wanted to record SHE didn't. But what happens to HER>.....NOTHING!!!! Stevie, "i had to tell the band we can only tour every three years" PLEASE not buying this explanation ONE bit.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry but I prefer actual evidence to what you think happened.
I would find it a shame if I was unable to critically think for myself and piece a story together on my own. I’m glad I am able to read between lines!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The hypocrisy in your post is unbelievable. I really am starting to think you are Mick Fleetwood.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not really considering that The Pretenders just did that on their tour with Stevie.
But that's besides the point. The underlying reason people are so mad here is because there's a big huge double standard here. Stevie Nicks has delayed Fleetwood Mac so many times you can hardly count them. Fairly recently, she delayed an entire tour by a full year and even bragged about doing so during press for her solo documentary. She refused to record an album that every single other band member wanted, leaving them to release it as a duo between the two other singers with the other two musicians playing on. To other bands, that's a pretty bizarre thing and they probably wouldn't have allowed it. But of course because it was Stevie, that's what happened. And personally I don't think it's too selfish of Lindsey to ask the band for this considering how much-- including more than one of his own solo projects-- he's given them over the years. Drama sure, but selfish? He poured so much work into that band I think they should've tried to give him this, since they undoubtably always have and would have continued to do anything Stevie asked even though she's treated FM like a sidepiece for years, just because she's the cash cow.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
For those of you offended by the word "whore", for levity, and to showcase what we've lost in FM, I wanted to post this performance. I saw this live and was blown away!

I’ve always been struck by how much better a song this was live. This is he kind of energy that Lindsey brought to the shows and I for one wouldn’t care to see this band without him.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
The hypocrisy in your post is unbelievable. I really am starting to think you are Mick Fleetwood.
He truly sounds like Mick and talks like Mick. If we can make him say "fired is such an awful word!", then our work here is done.

I guess he and Stevie realized how powerful social media are and decided to create some profiles to be here. Expect to meet Karen in a couple of days...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’ve always been struck by how much better a song this was live. This is he kind of energy that Lindsey brought to the shows and I for one wouldn’t care to see this band without him.
I really, really hope he includes "Come" on his solo setlist. And I agree with you. His energy will be focused on his solo tours and on his true fans.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I can't see Neil Finn or Mike Campbell coming close to this level of energy that Lindsey brought. Lindsey was the ROCK in FM!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even if he has the right story, it probably doesn't contradict the band's story.
That’s my whole point. There’s not enough information from any of them, probably for good reason, to know WHY it happened and WHAT actually went down.

Quote:
No. I think his label changed its plans on how to release an album of his. I think he was originally planning on a solo tour before Fleetwood Mac’s, but the release date for his upcoming solo album got pushed back. So he may have been forced into sn awkward situation.

I agree that a concurrent tour was never going to fly, even if the others agreed with him in principle, because of external pressures (i.e. promoters).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes his label pushed back his album release. Not his fault.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The underlying reason people are so mad here is because there's a big huge double standard here. Stevie Nicks has delayed Fleetwood Mac so many times you can hardly count them. Fairly recently, she delayed an entire tour by a full year and even bragged about doing so during press for her solo documentary.
I thought they should have fired her back then, or at least form a new entity, but the equation today is very different than it was back then. Christine, the eldest in a bunch of already old people, is back and John has had cancer. There’s an urgency now that wasn’t there before.

Quote:
But of course because it was Stevie, that's what happened...since they undoubtably always have and would have continued to do anything Stevie asked even though she's treated FM like a sidepiece for years, just because she's the cash cow.
It became clear to me that her people were calling the shots when they went out of their way to call it “a duet album” (even though there were no actual duets) and not calling her out. But, they play arenas with Stevie and smaller amphitheaters without her. Money.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I can't see Neil Finn or Mike Campbell coming close to this level of energy that Lindsey brought. Lindsey was the ROCK in FM!
I think the shows will be technically proficient. Mike is an incredible guitar player and from what I have seen of Neil, he will certainly be able to sing the songs with some level of credibility. But there won’t be the same passion or energy as there is when the Rumours 5 are on the stage at once. Lindsey’s maniacal energy on stage is vastly needed when the rest of the band just sort of stand there (Mick is the exception, whore that he is, he does his best to bring a ton of energy from his drum kit).