User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2023, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Possibly as a solo. But Lindsey, Mick, and Stevie played a couple of Democratic Party fundraisers for individual initiatives, including Proposition U and Proposition 65, plus the Sanctuary Movement.

Fleetwood Mac played a couple of fundraisers for a Democratic senator in the late 1970s. Apparently, this dude helped a few of them get green cards or permanent residency (?) Birch Bayh was his name.
The Tusk?(might have been Mirage, but I think it was Tusk- I'm too lazy to dig out the stub)tour stop in Indy was a benefit for Senator Birch Bayh.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 01-31-2023 at 02:31 PM..
Old 01-31-2023, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think someone posted here that Rick says Mick never invites him to play anymore because of his politics which are on the far right. I dont follow Rick but I think that has been brought up here many times over the years.
WTF?! That is such sad news.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think someone posted here that Rick says Mick never invites him to play anymore because of his politics which are on the far right. I dont follow Rick but I think that has been brought up here many times over the years.
I don’t know anything about that, but Rick was invited to perform at the Oeter Green tribute concert.

I’d like to think that political differences alone weren’t enough to come between them. I’ve always thought there was more to why Rick left Fleetwood Mac, and I doubt it had anything to do with politics.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wasn't it only a handful of cities, and didn't sell very well? Jbrowns saw her in... Cleveland?
I saw her in Boston and it was a pretty decent showing. I'll have to check my scrapbooks and see if I can pull the review (I used to be good about cutting them out of the newspaper the next day.... ah the good old days)
Old 01-31-2023, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t know anything about that, but Rick was invited to perform at the Oeter Green tribute concert.

I’d like to think that political differences alone weren’t enough to come between them. I’ve always thought there was more to why Rick left Fleetwood Mac, and I doubt it had anything to do with politics.
Someone will have to chime in because I read that here. I dont follow Rick and dont know or care his politics. But around the Lindsey firing I cant remember if that is when someone said Rick said or posted something he was shunned by Mick because of his politics. This was right around 2017/2018 when the political divide was really strong.

Anyone else remember several postings about that here?
Old 01-31-2023, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
WTF?! That is such sad news.
I'd think more of a Trumper than a Republican. His social media in 2020 had resharing of not nice tweets about the B.L.M. Movement written by James Woods.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'd think more of a Trumper than a Republican. His social media in 2020 had resharing of not nice tweets about the B.L.M. Movement written by James Woods.
I was curious and went to his Twitter page. Retweeting some Fox News stuff which does not necessarily mean anything but thanks for pointing out it was not just me that remembered his Trumpy statements that were posted about here.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm no fan of Mick as a person. He seems to be a bit of a gypsy grifter but if he did distance himself from Rick because of Trump that I can understand. It really is a bridge too far.

Old 01-31-2023, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
But did he vote Republican in 2016? THAT, as they say, would be a horse of a very different color.
mm. good question. i don't know if he would have been a fan of trump...but he didn't care for either of the clintons. i do know his daughter and her husband are most definitely democrats!!

--Lis
Old 01-31-2023, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

During the pandemic, Mick recut “These Strange Times” with Bekka and Rick in Hawaii. Bekka, I believe, is connected to higher ups in the Nashville Democratic Party. However, the whole point seemed to be healing and standing together.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-31-2023, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could be wrong, but Rick doesn’t seem the type who would have bought in the Fleetwood Mac scene. He had aspirations to be a frontman and Fleetwood Mac was a gig to elevate his profile and be seen as something beyond just a sideman.

In retrospect, I think Todd Sharp might have been the better fit. Rick is the better guitarist and singer and his best songs are better, but Todd is a more consistent writer, more of a team player/collaborator, was well steeped into the Fleetwood Mac world, and had less aspirations to be a frontman. I could see the band being much more of a collaborative with Todd that wouldn’t have fractured the way they did at the end of 1990 and certainly wouldn’t have necessitated Dave Mason joining the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-31-2023, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I'm no fan of Mick as a person. He seems to be a bit of a gypsy grifter but if he did distance himself from Rick because of Trump that I can understand. It really is a bridge too far.
Especially since Rick is an avid blues fan. Blues, as Danny Kirwan said so truthfully said in his last interview with Jet Clemins, is a black man’s (and woman’s) music. White players of this deeply-felt tradition must enter from another angle. Kirwan talked of cleverness. There’s no question Fleetwood and the McVies had genuine respect and love for this music—and part of that is the recognition of its origins in the joys and sufferings of black persons in America. So, for whatever reason Mick may have shunned Rick after those BLM comments, I say good. Anyone who identifies as a lover and player of blues needs to recognize what that means in a broader cultural context.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Especially since Rick is an avid blues fan. Blues, as Danny Kirwan said so truthfully said in his last interview with Jet Clemins, is a black man’s (and woman’s) music. White players of this deeply-felt tradition must enter from another angle. Kirwan talked of cleverness. There’s no question Fleetwood and the McVies had genuine respect and love for this music—and part of that is the recognition of its origins in the joys and sufferings of black persons in America. So, for whatever reason Mick may have shunned Rick after those BLM comments, I say good. Anyone who identifies as a lover and player of blues needs to recognize what that means in a broader cultural context.
I don't know why Rick would promote anything James Woods says.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:10 AM

So yea, that 1993 interview was something!
Old 02-02-2023, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
So yea, that 1993 interview was something!
You mean you don’t want to discuss Rick Vito’s politics anymore?