The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2023, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie should sing Everywhere on her upcoming tour.

Stevie just announced 2023 tour dates. I think it would be very fitting if she sings Everywhere on this tour and dedicates it to Christine. Stevie added Free Fallin’ to her set list to honor Tom Petty when he died. Everywhere would be a great song for Stevie to sing because it’s one of Christine’s signature songs and it recently had a big spike in popularity because of that Chevy Commercial.

I really hope Stevie adds one of Christine’s songs to the set list and gives a dedication speech to Christine on this tour.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 01-24-2023 at 09:36 AM..
Old 01-23-2023, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since it is a solo tour I think that performing one of Christine's solo hits would be appropriate . She could sing Love Will Show Us How and as an homage to Christine she could act out the video for that song which culminates with a large alien spaceship hovering overhead and then crashing to the stage.

Old 01-23-2023, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Since it is a solo tour I think that performing one of Christine's solo hits would be appropriate . She could sing Love Will Show Us How and as an homage to Christine she could act out the video for that song which culminates with a large alien spaceship hovering overhead and then crashing to the stage.
god, even I'd buy a ticket to see THAT.
Old 01-23-2023, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In all seriousness though, she could just do Think About It since it's one of her solo songs and was written for Chris. Her current voice is mostly grating on her own songs, let's not tarnish one of Christine's
Old 01-24-2023, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She couldn't even come close to singing that song.
Old 01-24-2023, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dear God, no.

I'd be fine with "Don't Stop." Everyone knows the words and I'm already used to her singing it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-24-2023, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She couldn't even come close to singing that song.
Maybe she can do it in her fake Christine voice with her brilliant British accent.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
In all seriousness though, she could just do Think About It since it's one of her solo songs and was written for Chris. Her current voice is mostly grating on her own songs, let's not tarnish one of Christine's
Think About It would be nice, and it’s actually one of my favorite songs, but it makes sense for Stevie to sing Don’t Stop as a tribute for so many reasons- it’s well known; Christine wrote it; it’s upbeat so as a tribute it’s actually joyous; and it’s a perfect showcase for Billy Joel to join her on it.

There’s a video of Stevie and her solo band performing Don’t Stop on YouTube, and she does a surprisingly great job, so her voice won’t tarnish it.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I say yes if Stevie lets her back up singers take all the high notes and Stevie does her Tango-esque "I wannnnaaa beeee with Yooooou" over and over and ruins the song again.

Game on.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:33 AM

I vote Think About It. She wrote it for her around Rumours' era... Dedicated it to her on her solo album. Who doesn't love the velvet of the morning.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Paul sang Something in his 2011 tour as a homage to George, so it is not uncommon for someone to sing a song of his late friend. But considering how differente their voices are, and how is Stevie's voice nowadays, I don't see a Christine song that fits well on Stevie. Though that doesn't really matter if the point is a true tribute.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Paul sang Something in his 2011 tour as a homage to George, so it is not uncommon for someone to sing a song of his late friend. But considering how differente their voices are, and how is Stevie's voice nowadays, I don't see a Christine song that fits well on Stevie. Though that doesn't really matter if the point is a true tribute.
That's why it would be perfect for her to break out of her routine and do "Think About It".
Old 01-24-2023, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I say yes if Stevie lets her back up singers take all the high notes and Stevie does her Tango-esque "I wannnnaaa beeee with Yooooou" over and over and ruins the song again.

Game on.

Lol I liked when Stevie sang that “I wanna be with youuuu” on the chorus on the Tango tour and the 1990 tour.

But if Stevie were to sing Everyone on her upcoming tour I think she should just sing the “Iiiiiiiiii….Iiiiiii… Iiiiii wanna be with you everywhere” along with the backup singers like they did on The Dance.

And yes Think About it would be good also because it’s about Christine, but I think Everywhere would be more fitting because it’s a more well known song. Don’t Stop would be good too. But I think Everywhere would be better.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 01-24-2023 at 09:34 AM..
Old 01-24-2023, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Or — and here’s an idea — she could write a new song about the death of her best friend in the world

Just sayin’…
Old 01-24-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Or — and here’s an idea — she could write a new song about the death of her best friend in the world

Just sayin’…
Prince? Joe Walsh? Karen? Christine? Sara? Robin?