Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Inauguration 30th Anniversary

Somehow, we all missed this yesterday.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-20-2023, 09:56 PM

I watched it. But, instead of talking about it, I'd rather read everyone's incessant take on Stevie and/or Lindsey post 2018..
....... in the Christine Tribute thread .. no less!!
Old 01-20-2023, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I watched it. But, instead of talking about it, I'd rather read everyone's incessant take on Stevie and/or Lindsey post 2018..
Well, if we want drama…

Is it that Stevie was so heavy or do Lindsey and Christine look unhealthy thin?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-20-2023, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, if we want drama…

Is it that Stevie was so heavy or do Lindsey and Christine look unhealthy thin?
I’ll bite!

I think the three songwriters all look…not great…at this time period. Lindsey seems terribly thin and he looks like he aged 15 years since Tango. His clothing and hairstyle are disheveled messes. Chris in the late 80’s looked amazing but by this time she also looks like she’s aged a lot in just a couple years. Stevie looks terrible, constantly appearing very bloated. The ultra blond hair is rough and her clothing choices do not complement her shape at all.

For maybe the only time - Mick and John actually look the best!
Old 01-20-2023, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I’ll bite!

I think the three songwriters all look…not great…at this time period. Lindsey seems terribly thin and he looks like he aged 15 years since Tango. His clothing and hairstyle are disheveled messes. Chris in the late 80’s looked amazing but by this time she also looks like she’s aged a lot in just a couple years. Stevie looks terrible, constantly appearing very bloated. The ultra blond hair is rough and her clothing choices do not complement her shape at all.

For maybe the only time - Mick and John actually look the best!
I agree LB does look a bit too thin, yes. but still a hottie.

to me, stevie by far looks the worst...just bloated. and as a short person myself, i know just a few extra pounds make a big difference. but i recall watching that performance w marty and we were both stunned at how bad she looked.

chris looked older (she would turn 50 that year) but still great IMO. such legs! they never disappoint lol. and mick and john are terrific.

it is crazy to realize that i am older now than any of them were there!!

--Lis

Last edited by Penguin Emeritus; 01-20-2023 at 11:19 PM..
Old 01-21-2023, 03:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie looks like she's had her eyes done here... she was prone to puffiness under her eyes which always bothered her, and her eyes here look far more pronounced like she got an eye lift. the weight gain shows in the overall bloat of her face and the total disappearance of her cheekbones .... of course, she could have still been all puffy from plastic surgery, that can take quite a while to go down..... who knows. Though her hands are definitely bloated too. But yeah, Lindsey looks.. a bit haggard (and yet still f*(*(ing gorgeous). Mick looks far better here than he had previously.... his druggy days he was just greasy. He's actually improved in looks with age.

Just noticed Stevie's got ahold of Lindsey's one hand, but his other one is clenched in a sort of fist....

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-21-2023 at 03:46 AM..
Old 01-21-2023, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My husband, always referred to Stevie….at this period, as
The blonde with the weight problem.
Old 01-21-2023, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I remember watching it and recording it on my VCR. It was great to see them all back together. I heard someone on the radio say something like if that is how they sound for not performing live in 15 years, they can stay away. It irked me when they kept saying the first time together in 15 years. It was like the band did not exist in the BTM era. Stevie's weight gain was shocking. The comedian on MTV during the inaugural said "who took the air hose to Stevie Nicks.' That stuff had to hurt. This was right before she hit rock bottom and fell into her fireplace and got off tranquilizers. Her dead stare in this photo is hard to look at and I am being serious. Totally dead eyes.
Also the band said several times around this show that this was not a sign the band was getting back together and would not happen.
I know its live TV but think its weird they pretended to play with a pre-recorded track. Stevie's tambourine was even just a prop. The microphones were the only thing that was real. I just remember thinking when I saw them live in 1990 that the piano shuffle and the entire band made Dont Stop an anthem and the arena was stomping. This version is one of my least favorite live versions of the song.
Gosh remember Michael Jackson came on stage singing with them. Really a fun time.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-21-2023 at 06:11 AM..
Old 01-21-2023, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I remember watching it and recording it on my VCR. It was great to see them all back together. I heard someone on the radio say something like if that is how they sound for not performing live in 15 years, they can stay away. It irked me when they kept saying the first time together in 15 years. It was like the band did not exist in the BTM era. Stevie's weight gain was shocking. The comedian on MTV during the inaugural said "who took the air hose to Stevie Nicks.' That stuff had to hurt. This was right before she hit rock bottom and fell into her fireplace and got off tranquilizers. Her dead stare in this photo is hard to look at and I am being serious. Totally dead eyes.
Also the band said several times around this show that this was not a sign the band was getting back together and would not happen.
I know its live TV but think its weird they pretended to play with a pre-recorded track. Stevie's tambourine was even just a prop. The microphones were the only thing that was real. I just remember thinking when I saw them live in 1990 that the piano shuffle and the entire band made Dont Stop an anthem and the arena was stomping. This version is one of my least favorite live versions of the song.
Gosh remember Michael Jackson came on stage singing with them. Really a fun time.
I think Stevie's face was actually the fullest in 2004 on the Summer Say You Will Tour. I believe she said after that tour she started WeightWatchers.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Amen! I was thinking the same thing—and getting REALLY annoyed.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Somehow, we all missed this yesterday.
Ironically, Mick cones off the best here. (!)

Christine and John look good, like they always look, thin Lindsey is swimming in that suit, and Stevie never looked worse, imo…
Old 01-21-2023, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
yes, Lindsey had said in every damn interview how he barely wanted to even do this. he was incessantly trying to distance himself from the band at that time.

john, of course, was a republican and was no fan of clinton. but i think he enjoyed it in the end. ( still had his ring from chris on...prob about a year before it disappeared. ) but mick and chris said they would have voted for clinton, and Lindsey said he had. i think stevie did as well..?

I recall Ken Caillat saying that he thought they sounded terrible at the inauguration. but it was still a thrill for us fans. i recorded it too, and watched the sh*t out of that tape for like a week afterward lol.

--Lis
Old 01-21-2023, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
yes, Lindsey had said in every damn interview how he barely wanted to even do this. he was incessantly trying to distance himself from the band at that time.

john, of course, was a republican and was no fan of clinton. but i think he enjoyed it in the end. ( still had his ring from chris on...prob about a year before it disappeared. ) but mick and chris said they would have voted for clinton, and Lindsey said he had. i think stevie did as well..?

I recall Ken Caillat saying that he thought they sounded terrible at the inauguration. but it was still a thrill for us fans. i recorded it too, and watched the sh*t out of that tape for like a week afterward lol.

--Lis
Other people on this board have said Christine didn’t vote for Clinton, based on comments she had made at the time.

I also remember an interview where the band said they practiced for several days leading up to the inauguration, which I always thought was insane, all that rehearsal for just one song! But I’m sure they were nervous because of the scope of the performance and because they hadn’t performed live since what, 1982? Well, they did in 1990, I guess.
Old 01-21-2023, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Other people on this board have said Christine didn’t vote for Clinton, based on comments she had made at the time.
Christine wasn’t a US citizen.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-21-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

I also remember an interview where the band said they practiced for several days leading up to the inauguration, which I always thought was insane, all that rehearsal for just one song! But I’m sure they were nervous because of the scope of the performance and because they hadn’t performed live since what, 1982? Well, they did in 1990, I guess.
That was FAKEWOOD Mac Version 1 in 1990