Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I put the '****ing pancake makeup' on my myspace
Even though he was all jacked up on something, its fcking hilarious! and i think it makes me like him more!
i hate kenny rogers just to be fair

PS-im wearing my lindsey shirt today
Old 07-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
No disrespect to Kenny but I think he and Dolly Parton are in competition for the Who had the most plastic surgery crown.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
No disrespect to Kenny but I think he and Dolly Parton are in competition for the Who had the most plastic surgery crown.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post

Instead of pancake make-up, it looks like some guy hit him with some superglue and then put the vacuum cleaner hose on top of his head...

Do you suppose the smile is due to the vacuum cleaner effect? (Everything on his face is "smiling" .
Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BTW

Hey Btlfchld -- great photo post. I am still smiling at Kenny's grin and being so proud of himself and his new look.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This book is depressing! Clearly this woman is desperate and needed to do something to fund her cosmetic surgery. How pathetic that she has to write about a time that everyone else seems to have moved on from - many years ago!
Is anyone really interested in reading National Enquirer-style "reporting" on the back stage drug antics of Fleetwood Mac?
Aside from the E-Street Band, what giant rock band from this era didn't do tons of drugs? Who cares?!
Carol Harris - please go do something with your life. Volunteer. Clean up some garbage on Santa Monica beach.
But please spare us your unchecked anger. Lindsey Buckingham moved on. You should too. And find some other way to support yourself instead of attempting to milk the Fleetwood Mac machine. The band has talent. You don't.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

What is Harris doing these days [apart from this]?
I know she said she gave up a career *snort* for Lindsey, but what's her day job these days?
Whether she should give it up for the writing or not....
Old 07-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

That Pic of Kenny-What a Hoot!

He and Burt Reynolds (whom I love) look like they used the same plastic surgeon. But that make-up looks like day-glow! Too funny!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
What is Harris doing these days [apart from this]?
I know she said she gave up a career *snort* for Lindsey, but what's her day job these days?
Whether she should give it up for the writing or not....
She says she is a costume designer, for film, music videos and commercials. She lives in LA. The photo of her in the back of the book is recent and she still looks very much like Stevie. Long flowing blonde hair with bangs.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
She says she is a costume designer, for film, music videos and commercials. She lives in LA. The photo of her in the back of the book is recent and she still looks very much like Stevie. Long flowing blonde hair with bangs.

To be fair, Stevie doesn't have a patent on that long flowing locks look.

CAH is on the imdb and according that, she has worked on film, music videos and commercials:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0364515/

If you look under Other Works, she's apparently worked on a lot of music videos over the years, some pretty famous, including Fleetwood Mac's post-Lindsey effort Save Me bizarrely enough.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
If you look under Other Works, she's apparently worked on a lot of music videos over the years, some pretty famous, including Fleetwood Mac's post-Lindsey effort Save Me bizarrely enough.
Yes, which is another thing... in the book she says she tried to steer clear of Lindsey all day during shooting, but...

...he wasn't even there.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Yes, which is another thing... in the book she says she tried to steer clear of Lindsey all day during shooting, but...

...he wasn't even there.
*rolling on the floor incapacitated with laughter* Don't tell me you're serious!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course Stevie doesn't hold the patent on long blonde hair...my point was she still looks very much like Stevie. She always did and still does. Although time has been much, much kinder to Stevie.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Ledgie

Still taking this book seriously?

These 3 total falsehoods posted by readers aren't enough for fans to see this book is nothing but a fairy tale?

Quote:

...he wasn't even there.
Buckingham quit the band years before the Save Me video.

Quote:
One thing that is completely off is her recollection of Lindsey's illness during the Rumours tour. She says it all took place in 1977, the big collapse and the subsequent spinal tap and him having to take medication three times a day, every day.

She mentions her being the one that looked out for him and made sure he took his pills, she even talks about this when she describes the events of the 1978 AMA awards, which were in January of that year. She talks about being the one that had to do all the damage control during that time, because the band didn't care about Lindsey.

But guess what? Lindsey's collapse and everything else that followed didn't happen until the summer of 1978. 6 months after all the award shows.
You called it correctly, but who cares?

Quote:
After Buckingham suffered a ten-minute grand mal seizure the morning before a 1977 show in Philadelphia, Harris thought he was dying. But Mick Fleetwood resisted taking Buckingham to a hospital, saying that Lindsey would be “fine” when he woke up and he wanted to ask him if he could play the show after his “little attack.” Buckingham did indeed go on, with an ambulance waiting, but at one point stopped, put his head down and leaned against a speaker. Afterward, Nicks rushed up to Harris and said, “I know just how you must be feeling! My poodle Jenny — I just love her to pieces — got shut inside the sunroom of my house in Phoenix and she almost died!”
Stevie never had a house in Phoenix in the 70s. She told Carol the story of her dog in 77? She bought her first AZ house after she went solo in 1981.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Some of those inaccuracies may just be down to an unreliable memory [the house in Phoenix thing for example] but definitely not things like the Save Me video. Certain things could be just half-remembered, but the others are just blatantly made up nonsense.