Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Some iPod fun with BEHIND THE MASK

Another Fleetwood Mac album in which the running order always annoyed me...and also playing "alternate history"/what if with some outtakes & additional tracks....I've come up with my alternate Behind The Mask:

In The Back Of My Mind
Freedom
Behind The Mask
When It Comes To Love
Affairs Of The Heart
Save Me
When The Sun Goes Down
Intuition
As Long As You Follow
Stand On The Rock
Hard Feelings
Skies The Limit
Love Is Dangerous
Got No Home
Paper Doll
Do You Know?
Lizard People
Old 10-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The iPod is in good hands.

However! . . . . I don't know some of these songs. . .

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What are:

Intuition
Got No Home
Lizard People

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
What are:

Intuition
Got No Home
Lizard People
Intuition is off the Rick Vito solo album - King of Hearts (although I think it might have been a BTM song firstly???)

Lizard People was a single - don't worry about that one, it is kind of like "The strange times" but worse

Got No Home was one of those demos that are floating around. If memory serves me correct (and at least my wife works for the Alzheimers Assoc if it doesn't) there were also demos called Last Chance To Rock, Victim of Love and The Game of Love. Not sure if there were others and don't even know if these were all BTM outtakes?

Last edited by chriskisn; 10-31-2009 at 09:32 AM..
Old 10-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I know about these songs that they were BTM outtakes:
Living Without You
Last Chance To Rock
Got No Home
Walk Another Mile
Intuition
Victim Of Love
The Game Of Love

I really like Got No Home and Last Chance To Rock. Rick did good job in BTM and King Of Hearts album.

Intuition and Walk Another Mile were used in Rickīs solo album King Of Hearts two years later. There is duet with Stevie in Intuition.

But I have never heard about Lizard People... itīs really from BTM outtakes? Itīs Billy song, when you compare it to the strange times...

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I stumbled upon all the BTM outtakes here:

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90...kes-69551.html

Terrific stuff.....I really love the demo of BTM with just drums and Chris's vocal. And "Got No Home" should have made the album.

Thankfully, Rick took his songs that the Mac turned "thumbs down" (his words) and, with Stevie's help, put them to good use on King of Hearts -- but I wonder why Got No Home still didn't make the cut here, either? It's a terrific song.

I know nothing about Lizard People. It's Billy's? Was it a b-side to something? The title creeps me out.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post

I know nothing about Lizard People. It's Billy's? Was it a b-side to something? The title creeps me out.
Lizard People is sung, or rather spoken, by Mr. Mick Fleetwood himself.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Lizard People is sung, or rather spoken, by Mr. Mick Fleetwood himself.
Hence my comment that it is like These Strange Times only worse...

It came out as a B-Side in 1990 to a few different things mainly in the UK I think...
Old 11-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Chili included the Lizard song on his alternate Behind The Mask, so it must have some merit....

I would have added Walk Another Mile, as well.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this thread...was in middle of relocating.

Yes, "Lizard People" was the B-side of the "In The Back Of My Mind" single. It's sort of a cross between the spacy, album version intro to "In The Back Of My Mind" (which the single didn't have) and Mick's later "These Strange Times" from Time.

"Got No Home" not only should've made the BTM album, it should've been a single. I really think it could've been a big hit had it gotten some decent airplay. How cool would THAT have been if Fleetwood Mac would've had a hit single written & sung by Rick Vito? Ahh...another "what if" moment. It's definitely in my ALL-TIME Top 10 Fleetwood Mac songs.

Behind The Mask COULD'VE almost been a double album had they decided to go that direction...OR, they could've had a follow up album "in the can" without having to go back into the studio. But, Christine & Stevie's big announcement that they were leaving the band before the 1990 tour ended took care of that possibility. It's too bad that there aren't better quality recordings of Billy's "Victim Of Love" and "The Game Of Love" both are good songs. I think "Victim" probably didn't make the cut because of the Eagles song with the same title being fairly popular back in the day.

I lean toward preferring the BTM outtake versions of "Intuition" & "Walk Another Mile" over Rick's King Of Hearts versions, mainly due to their having the Mick/John rhythm section motoring them along, rather than Rick himself playing bass along with programmed drums. Although, "Walk Another Mile" sounds almost identical, "Intuition" has a whole different feel with Christine & Billy on background vocals, as opposed to the KoH version with Stevie.

Rick later reworked "Last Chance To Rock" for his Bandbox Boogie album giving it a Latin feel and retitling it "Last Chance To Mambo". He also reworked "Love Is Dangerous" (kicking it up and giving it a rockabilly feel) for his Crazy Cool album.

Oh, a favor...does anyone have an mp3 of Billy Burnette's tune "It Ain't Over" from his Try Me album that they could post? It's a duet with Christine McVie...somehow my copy on my CD-R has gotten corrupted somehow and won't play anymore. Actually, my entire Try Me CD-R is faulty, (I'm getting some odd digital glitches throughout) so if someone could share the entire thing, I'd be MORE than appreciative.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I stumbled upon all the BTM outtakes here:

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90...kes-69551.html

Terrific stuff.....I really love the demo of BTM with just drums and Chris's vocal. And "Got No Home" should have made the album.

Thankfully, Rick took his songs that the Mac turned "thumbs down" (his words) and, with Stevie's help, put them to good use on King of Hearts -- but I wonder why Got No Home still didn't make the cut here, either? It's a terrific song.

Thanks for that link. I never knew about The Game Of Love and look forward to listening to it for the first time.

Matt
Old 11-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Oh, a favor...does anyone have an mp3 of Billy Burnette's tune "It Ain't Over" from his Try Me album that they could post? It's a duet with Christine McVie...somehow my copy on my CD-R has gotten corrupted somehow and won't play anymore. Actually, my entire Try Me CD-R is faulty, (I'm getting some odd digital glitches throughout) so if someone could share the entire thing, I'd be MORE than appreciative.
It's on my computer somewhere. It ended up on my iPod, but I'll be damned if I can find out where it is. It came up on the iPod as "unknown." I'll burn it from my copy of Brother To Brother tomorrow. (I've been out of my house for about a month due to an FMLA issue, but I have band practice tomorrow, which is close to my house.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Try Me: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tlritymmijb/bbtryme.zip

Brother To Brother: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yig0d2...rtobrother.zip

Matt
Old 11-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm intrigued by this talk of "Lizard People." Does anyone have a copy they could share, please?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It Ain't Over

THE Stephen Hopkins