The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-24-2020, 01:41 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
No, she just sacrificed and sacrificed and dragged her hair shirt along the Persian carpet.
At least this time she didn't say that Lindsey and Chris struggled for 9 months and couldn't come up with anything and finally had to beg for her help. She's said that in the past. Lindsey and Chris were such deadweights.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:05 AM
HomerMcvie
This message has been deleted by HomerMcvie.
  #17  
Old 11-24-2020, 05:03 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You mean Stevie didn't re-work her parts that she contributed to make this all work?
She did. She also told John how to play the bass part. It was a completely different bass line until she got involved.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-24-2020, 08:43 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She did. She also told John how to play the bass part. It was a completely different bass line until she got involved.
What I loved about Stevie is how she would tell each member how she wanted something played. Then she arranged the harmonies, ran into the studio then spliced all the parts together with Ken.
She had to keep herself busy while the instrumentalists tried to nail down what she wanted. God, they never would have survived without her.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-24-2020 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-24-2020, 12:40 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
What I loved about Stevie is how she would tell each member how she wanted something played. Then she arranged the harmonies, ran into the studio then spliced all the parts together with Ken.
She had to keep herself busy while the instrumentalists tried to nail down what she wanted. God, they never would have survived without her.
Its a little known fact that the opening bass part of Sister Honey was the original bass part of The Chain. Stevie changed it and played it on the piano first for John. She later saved the Sister Honey opening bass part for her third solo album. And the rest they say is rock n roll history.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-24-2020 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-24-2020, 01:25 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its a little known fact that the opening bass part of Sister Honey was the original bass part of The Chain. Stevie changed it and played it on the piano first for John. She later saved the Sister Honey opening bass part for her third solo album. And the rest they say is rock n roll history.
I heard that she learned of the proposed running order for Rumours (from Judy Wong). She walked from her mic. in the recording studio, through the control room and went right to marketing and completely changed it to what it is now!! Thank God!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-25-2020, 01:47 AM
Street_Dreamer's Avatar
Street_Dreamer Street_Dreamer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 726
Default

I can't wait to hear the story of how Mick wanted her to join the band but she insisted that her and Lindsey were a package deal and if he wasn't invited, she wasn't going to join.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-25-2020, 07:53 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I can't wait to hear the story of how Mick wanted her to join the band but she insisted that her and Lindsey were a package deal and if he wasn't invited, she wasn't going to join.
Wasn't Lindsey who said they were a package deal? He said so ("sort of politely")in the Making of Rumours, Classic Albums video.

Mick implied the same in his book:

Olsen replied that Lindsey was part of a team, the other half of which was his girlfriend, Stevie Nicks. They had a band called Buckingham Nicks and were very much a pair. Keith said he didn't think Lindsey would be interested in joining Fleetwood Mac without Stevie.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-25-2020, 10:30 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Wasn't Lindsey who said they were a package deal? He said so ("sort of politely")in the Making of Rumours, Classic Albums video.

Mick implied the same in his book:

Olsen replied that Lindsey was part of a team, the other half of which was his girlfriend, Stevie Nicks. They had a band called Buckingham Nicks and were very much a pair. Keith said he didn't think Lindsey would be interested in joining Fleetwood Mac without Stevie.
The last few replies to the post have been ironic.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-25-2020, 10:52 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The last few replies to the post have been ironic.
I was serious.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-25-2020, 11:02 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Wasn't Lindsey who said they were a package deal? He said so ("sort of politely")in the Making of Rumours, Classic Albums video.

Mick implied the same in his book:

Olsen replied that Lindsey was part of a team, the other half of which was his girlfriend, Stevie Nicks. They had a band called Buckingham Nicks and were very much a pair. Keith said he didn't think Lindsey would be interested in joining Fleetwood Mac without Stevie.
According to Ms Nicks:

They didn't want a singer and already had a lady singer in the band. So she became a house cat (those are her words). They wanted Lindsey bad enough that she came with the deal even though they did not want her.

They all did have the same statement that it was really up to Christine. If Christine did not want her......she would have the final say.
The irony that Christine did not have the final say when it was time to fire Lindsey.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-25-2020, 04:57 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
According to Ms Nicks:

They didn't want a singer and already had a lady singer in the band. So she became a house cat (those are her words). They wanted Lindsey bad enough that she came with the deal even though they did not want her.

They all did have the same statement that it was really up to Christine. If Christine did not want her......she would have the final say.
The irony that Christine did not have the final say when it was time to fire Lindsey.
Stevie: "I begged Mick and Christine. I said, 'We need Lindsey, I'll never be in this band without him. And I told her, I said Christine, I'm not the boss, but you can't fire someone like Lindsey. Our legacy depends on it. And I knew in my heart if they somehow justified firing Lindsey, Christine would bring on her friend from the Heartbreakers. And she did. I told them both I was leaving, but in the end I toured and it turned out ok. But, I was heartbroken because he was there for me in the beginning."
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-25-2020, 07:52 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie: "I begged Mick and Christine. I said, 'We need Lindsey, I'll never be in this band without him. And I told her, I said Christine, I'm not the boss, but you can't fire someone like Lindsey. Our legacy depends on it. And I knew in my heart if they somehow justified firing Lindsey, Christine would bring on her friend from the Heartbreakers. And she did. I told them both I was leaving, but in the end I toured and it turned out ok. But, I was heartbroken because he was there for me in the beginning."
Stevie, 2020: “I wrote ‘Landslide’ in 1974 about Lindsey’s firing in 2018. I realize that now. A dream I had in 1995 about John Lewis, MLK, and the Kennedy’s clarified this for me.”
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-25-2020, 11:19 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie: "I begged Mick and Christine. I said, 'We need Lindsey, I'll never be in this band without him. And I told her, I said Christine, I'm not the boss, but you can't fire someone like Lindsey. Our legacy depends on it. And I knew in my heart if they somehow justified firing Lindsey, Christine would bring on her friend from the Heartbreakers. And she did. I told them both I was leaving, but in the end I toured and it turned out ok. But, I was heartbroken because he was there for me in the beginning."
this is pretty brilliant! and she actually did dare to make up some similar crap in one of those recent interviews - how she's oh so heartbroken about Lindsey not being in the band anymore like she absolutely had nothing to do with pushing him out.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-26-2020, 08:36 AM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this is pretty brilliant! and she actually did dare to make up some similar crap in one of those recent interviews - how she's oh so heartbroken about Lindsey not being in the band anymore like she absolutely had nothing to do with pushing him out.

She is completely bonkers. Every time she opens her mouth, it's cringeworthy.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-26-2020, 10:14 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
They all did have the same statement that it was really up to Christine.
Mick's first book implied the same:

When I first asked her about having another woman in the band, I knew she had some natural reservations, even though she didn't say anything. Being the lady in the band, a lady who first and foremost was a musician and one of the lads she just said, "Do me a favor as long as me and Stevie hit it off everything will be fine, 'cause there's nothing worse than having a couple of ladies in the band who don't like each other." But at this dinner I saw that Stevie was extremely sympathetic, and that the two girls were hitting it off real well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ...
$2340.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ... pictureSIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book
$1183.68
SIGNED Mick Fleetwood Mac Love that burns Deluxe Genesis Publications Book pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$1033.85
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureRare STEVIE NICKS Signed 21x27 Inch Lobby Concert Card-Legend-FLEETWOOD MAC-PSA
$999.99
Rare STEVIE NICKS Signed 21x27 Inch Lobby Concert Card-Legend-FLEETWOOD MAC-PSA pictureHand Signed Fleetwood Mac English Rose Album Cover
$665.92
Hand Signed Fleetwood Mac English Rose Album Cover picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved