The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-10-2020, 05:49 AM
Wdm6789 Wdm6789 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 931
Default Video of Tusk live from 1982 US Festival

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCU_cxa...id=fqm1ubpwsi7

When will we get the video of the full set from US fest? I want to see the 1982 live performances of the songs that were cut from the 1982 HBO special.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 07-10-2020, 07:14 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,231
Default

Yes its amazing it has taken this long to finally see most of the footage. Its strange on the HBO special some of the songs they did not include especially their biggest hit from Mirage and their first single from the album, Hold Me.
I guess the band was forced to perform it but not happy with the way that it sounded live. However, I would not think the Mac owns the material to the US Festival footage. I believe that is why the artists got big bucks, they signed away the rights. But that is just my guess. Who knows.
On another note, as many of us have commented the band looked especially wasted at the US Festival. Yes the microphones and the sound could have been messed up but so many mistakes and goofs which makes it all the better IMHO.
If they were drinking that hard partying in the desert for the Hold Me video, you could imagine the stuff that was going on for this show. It definitely shows
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-10-2020 at 07:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-10-2020, 07:53 AM
Wdm6789 Wdm6789 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes its amazing it has taken this long to finally see most of the footage. Its strange on the HBO special some of the songs they did not include especially their biggest hit from Mirage and their first single from the album, Hold Me.
I guess the band was forced to perform it but not happy with the way that it sounded live. However, I would not think the Mac owns the material to the US Festival footage. I believe that is why the artists got big bucks, they signed away the rights. But that is just my guess. Who knows.
On another note, as many of us have commented the band looked especially wasted at the US Festival. Yes the microphones and the sound could have been messed up but so many mistakes and goofs which makes it all the better IMHO.
If they were drinking that hard partying in the desert for the Hold Me video, you could imagine the stuff that was going on for this show. It definitely shows
I’ve heard Hold Me live 1982 from many bootlegs, it sounds great except for the “Hold Me..Hold Me..yeahhh” they should have sang “Hold Me.. Hold Meeeeeeee” like they did live 2017-2019. I don’t know why they added the “yeaahh” in 1982, it sounds dumb lol.

I really want to see the video of Sara live from 1982. 1982 live Sara is my favorite. I’ve heard many bootlegs and it sounds amazing. I’ve heard the bootleg of Sara from the US fest, I just need to see the video, I bet it’s amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-10-2020, 09:49 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I’ve heard Hold Me live 1982 from many bootlegs, it sounds great except for the “Hold Me..Hold Me..yeahhh” they should have sang “Hold Me.. Hold Meeeeeeee” like they did live 2017-2019. I don’t know why they added the “yeaahh” in 1982, it sounds dumb lol.
My favorite part was Lindsey screaming "why don't you come on and uh" in between Hold Me's.

In 1982.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-25-2020, 01:06 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCU_cxa...id=fqm1ubpwsi7

When will we get the video of the full set from US fest? I want to see the 1982 live performances of the songs that were cut from the 1982 HBO special.
I think independent producer types develop big ideas because they think that huge numbers will clamor for artifacts from historic events like the US Festival. But when they spend enough time actually listening to the old tapes, I think they realize that either the performances or the technical quality just isn’t good enough to continue spending money on. Aside from the hip fans of the bands that played, is there really a demand for this old thing? Maybe these people should drop the idea of cleanup and high-tech packaging and just sell US Festival audio or video as is, without creating a huge overhead.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
$200.0
FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM picturec1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$99.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureDENNIS WILSON of BEACH BOYS Photo CANDID Rare w/ JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac
$39.95
DENNIS WILSON of BEACH BOYS Photo CANDID Rare w/ JOHN McVIE Fleetwood Mac pictureFLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE POSE
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE POSE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved