The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-26-2020, 11:11 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Lindsey could have helped her with the chorus on this one. The verses are great, recognizable, classic Christine (and very Mac-like) but I never found the chorus on this (or on Love Will Show Us How) terribly convincing. Still, the song WAS widely played on the radio for a solid year.

The non-hits hold up better: Smile I Live For, Ask Anybody, One in a Million, and So Excited.
I still occasionally hear Got a Hold on Me in stores.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-27-2020, 08:24 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I still occasionally hear Got a Hold on Me in stores.
I've been hearing it a lot!! CVS mainly. But, I heard it in Ralphs. I always stop and move under a speaker.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-27-2020, 10:09 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I've been hearing it a lot!! CVS mainly. But, I heard it in Ralphs. I always stop and move under a speaker.
I would NEVER leave a store if a FM song is on. As IF!!!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-27-2020, 10:52 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would NEVER leave a store if a FM song is on. As IF!!!
You still love your back-stabbing Queen and First Lady!! I get it.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-27-2020, 11:12 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You still love your back-stabbing Queen and First Lady!! I get it.
She'll always be my favorite. But she lost my respect. Chaise lounge Christine folds like a cheap lawn chair, has no spine, and doesn't stand up for her friends. Company shill!!!!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-27-2020, 11:44 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She'll always be my favorite. But she lost my respect. Chaise lounge Christine folds like a cheap lawn chair, has no spine, and doesn't stand up for her friends. Company shill!!!!
You can't stop thinking about her, everyday and night.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-27-2020, 03:26 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You can't stop thinking about her, everyday and night.
Yeah, but they used to be positive thoughts. Now they're thoughts of disappointment. And some wishing her a spine transplant!


WHY can't she chuck a glass of wine at $tevie, and slap her?
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-27-2020, 04:49 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, but they used to be positive thoughts. Now they're thoughts of disappointment. And some wishing her a spine transplant!


WHY can't she chuck a glass of wine at $tevie, and slap her?
That reminds me of a favorite drama moment from Mick's first book. After Stevie got out of rehab she was not happy with Tango and how she was barely on the album. Then she threatened the band stating she was going to Rolling Stone and tell them she had nothing to do with the album. Stevie turned to Chris and told her that she should have been on the backing vocals to Everywhere. According to Mick, Chris had a few glasses of wine in her and took Stevie to the mat. Chris fired back that she wanted Stevie on backing vocals but "you were not here."
Now if she would have chucked a glass of wine, that would have made that moment so much sweeter
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-27-2020, 05:56 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
According to Mick, Chris had a few glasses of wine in her and took Stevie to the mat. Chris fired back that she wanted Stevie on backing vocals but "you were not here."
Now if she would have chucked a glass of wine, that would have made that moment so much sweeter
I want a front row seat to THAT!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-27-2020, 08:03 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That reminds me of a favorite drama moment from Mick's first book. After Stevie got out of rehab she was not happy with Tango and how she was barely on the album. Then she threatened the band stating she was going to Rolling Stone and tell them she had nothing to do with the album. Stevie turned to Chris and told her that she should have been on the backing vocals to Everywhere. According to Mick, Chris had a few glasses of wine in her and took Stevie to the mat. Chris fired back that she wanted Stevie on backing vocals but "you were not here."
Now if she would have chucked a glass of wine, that would have made that moment so much sweeter

Sweeter than wine?
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-27-2020, 11:09 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I still occasionally hear Got a Hold on Me in stores.
I hear it a lot, too. An easy-listening mainstay. But I still think the non-hits I mentioned hold up better.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-27-2020, 11:13 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I hear it a lot, too. An easy-listening mainstay. But I still think the non-hits I mentioned hold up better.
I've always loved The Challenge.

Ooh, and One in a Million!!!!! I LOVE the guitar runs on OIAM!!!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-28-2020, 05:43 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've always loved The Challenge.

Ooh, and One in a Million!!!!! I LOVE the guitar runs on OIAM!!!
Yes the Challenge is pretty cool especially with Eric Clapton on guitar. Not only was it the name of John McVie's boat but also the name of Christine's tour bus in 1984. Walking from the parking lot to the theater there was a fancy tour bus with the words "The Challenge" painted on the rear side.
(just a little known fact......use it as you may)

The rock stations loved to play One in a million
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-28-2020, 02:17 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would NEVER leave a store if a FM song is on. As IF!!!
I leave if the common songs are on, but if I hear something like As Long as You Follow in the drug store, I will stay. I might leave for Little Lies.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-28-2020, 04:02 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I leave if the common songs are on, but if I hear something like As Long as You Follow in the drug store, I will stay. I might leave for Little Lies.
Agreed. This should be a new thread -
During What Song Would You Leave The Store?

SYLM
Over My Head
Dreams
Sara
Everywhere
Say You Will!!!!!
Peacekeeper(I'd probably leave)

That's all I've got. The only ones I wouldn't bother dragging my feet until they're over....
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS RE1948 11x14" LOBBY CARD
$65.0
ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS  RE1948 11x14ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS RE1948 11x14" LOBBY CARD #1301
$65.0
ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS  RE1948 11x14ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS RE1948 11x14" LOBBY CARD #1303
$65.0
ROY ROGERS SMILEY BURNETTE BILLY THE KID RETURNS  RE1948 11x14Billy Wilder and Carol Burnett - Vintage photograph 3683643
$39.9
Billy Wilder and Carol Burnett - Vintage photograph 3683643 picture1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo
$25.88
1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved