The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-19-2020, 12:03 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,332
Default The Chain: Stevie “Takes One for the Team”

So, Stevie Nicks is now saying that her contribution to “The Chain” was an example of her “taking one for the team.” She claims she gave up her beloved song so that Lindsey could feature his brilliant solo. Of course she says she’s “glad she did it”—so maybe that’s something.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/stev...mac-the-chain/

Once again she is highlighting all she sacrificed for “her band.” We never hear Christine complain that her song “Keep Me There” was sacrificed for the sake of Lindsey’s vision. Instrumentally, the final version of “The Chain” is heavily dependent on the McVie’s original backing track, but whenever she speaks of the song she highlights the collaborative way in which the song came into being.

I’m not minimizing Stevie’s contribution to the song, which is enormous, but I am tired of her doing these little PR-driven interviews where she positions herself as a martyr for the FM cause. It’s exhausting.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-19-2020 at 12:08 AM..
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 11-19-2020, 04:19 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
So, Stevie Nicks is now saying that her contribution to “The Chain” was an example of her “taking one for the team.” She claims she gave up her beloved song so that Lindsey could feature his brilliant solo. Of course she says she’s “glad she did it”—so maybe that’s something.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/stev...mac-the-chain/

Once again she is highlighting all she sacrificed for “her band.” We never hear Christine complain that her song “Keep Me There” was sacrificed for the sake of Lindsey’s vision. Instrumentally, the final version of “The Chain” is heavily dependent on the McVie’s original backing track, but whenever she speaks of the song she highlights the collaborative way in which the song came into being.


I’m not minimizing Stevie’s contribution to the song, which is enormous, but I am tired of her doing these little PR-driven interviews where she positions herself as a martyr for the FM cause. It’s exhausting.

What a big surprise. I thought for sure she was give up her amazing compositional skills without letting anyone know. I can't believe this!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-19-2020, 08:41 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
So, Stevie Nicks is now saying that her contribution to “The Chain” was an example of her “taking one for the team.” She claims she gave up her beloved song so that Lindsey could feature his brilliant solo. Of course she says she’s “glad she did it”—so maybe that’s something.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/stev...mac-the-chain/

Once again she is highlighting all she sacrificed for “her band.” We never hear Christine complain that her song “Keep Me There” was sacrificed for the sake of Lindsey’s vision. Instrumentally, the final version of “The Chain” is heavily dependent on the McVie’s original backing track, but whenever she speaks of the song she highlights the collaborative way in which the song came into being.

I’m not minimizing Stevie’s contribution to the song, which is enormous, but I am tired of her doing these little PR-driven interviews where she positions herself as a martyr for the FM cause. It’s exhausting.
informative discussion in the thread here https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showp...YoI3eIlzLlMLeo
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-19-2020, 09:47 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
informative discussion in the thread here https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showp...YoI3eIlzLlMLeo
great link, elle.

the description there matches Stevie's original description of her contribution from the late 70s/very early 80s (Tusk era) interviews. And is certainly consistent with the working versions of Butter Cookie/Keep Me There we've since seen released.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-19-2020, 11:17 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,830
Default

Stevie literally could have re written new lyrics to her beloved song. Which did become that song form pratical magic. Think of her originial melody and the pacing. Even I could write lyyrics to that and I'm no lyric writer. SHE.IS.THE.WORST....and continues to get worser as the days go by. UGH
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2020, 12:46 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
informative discussion in the thread here https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showp...YoI3eIlzLlMLeo
Thanks for reposting. I enjoyed that original discussion thread. One thing not noted in that old post is that LB reworked the music of the verses from the chord structure of Christine’s verses in “Keep Me There.” So it’s not just the music of the chorus that she contributes to the finished “Chain”; she essentially co-wrote the verse music, too.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-20-2020 at 12:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2020, 02:05 AM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Thanks for reposting. I enjoyed that original discussion thread. One thing not noted in that old post is that LB reworked the music of the verses from the chord structure of Christine’s verses in “Keep Me There.” So it’s not just the music of the chorus that she contributes to the finished “Chain”; she essentially co-wrote the verse music, too.
If you play Keep me there, you can sing Stevie's lyrics over Christines part that was already recorded. Christine wrote the music. Stevie contributed a few lines and acts like the bulk of the songs is hers. UGH
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2020, 08:44 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
If you play Keep me there, you can sing Stevie's lyrics over Christines part that was already recorded. Christine wrote the music. Stevie contributed a few lines and acts like the bulk of the songs is hers. UGH
Exactly. And while LB clearly reworked the music for the verses, he kept all of the original chord structure.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2020, 10:37 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Exactly. And while LB clearly reworked the music for the verses, he kept all of the original chord structure.
You mean Stevie didn't re-work her parts that she contributed to make this all work?
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2020, 01:59 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You mean Stevie didn't re-work her parts that she contributed to make this all work?
No, she just sacrificed and sacrificed and dragged her hair shirt along the Persian carpet.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-20-2020, 08:51 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
No, she just sacrificed and sacrificed and dragged her hair shirt along the Persian carpet.
It's a wonder Lindsey and Christine were able to get by without her.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-21-2020, 05:24 AM
Justin Reach Justin Reach is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34
Default

My opinion of Stevie keeps going lower and lower whilst her ego gets bigger and bigger.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-21-2020, 01:41 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I guess so. I don't remember exactly, but it was just about her being full of herself. I wish I knew why as well.
It's a Mystery To Me.

Edit- I remember that I used a phrase that my grandma(who would be 93 now) always used to say, about someone's rear end and buttermilk. Grandma was bad. Very bad. I miss her.
I can’t remember what you said, so it couldn’t have been too bad(for you)
But I did have pursed lips and took a sharp intake of breath when I read it...hahaha..
I don’t care anyway.. I’m having that British delicacy...Egg and homemade proper chips for dinner !!

Last edited by sue; 11-21-2020 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: With bread and butter to make a chip sandwich on the side.....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-21-2020, 04:39 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
No, she just sacrificed and sacrificed and dragged her hair shirt along the Persian carpet.

I would think Karen gets paid enough to fact check her from time to time....prevent her from sounding like a babbling loon???
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Today, 01:34 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,443
Default

David,

I don't think your original post was deleted. I don't recall deleting a post regarding buttermilk and Stevie's bottom. But please don't fill up a thread with queries about why your post was deleted. That's not going to serve any purpose.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ...
$2340.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ... picturerock band original concert photo's ( stevie nicks-sammy hagar-nugent-ac/dc )
$249.0
rock band original concert photo's ( stevie nicks-sammy hagar-nugent-ac/dc ) pictureSTEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 15" x 10" Concert Photo
$150.0
STEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 15Stand Back (Walmart Exclusive) (Vinyl)
$77.43
Stand Back (Walmart Exclusive) (Vinyl) pictureStevie Nicks 11" x 14" Framed Photo Collage by Legends Never Die, Inc.
$72.28
Stevie Nicks 11



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved