The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #166  
Old 11-13-2020, 01:17 PM
stevierocks87's Avatar
stevierocks87 stevierocks87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 510
Default

I was under the impression that Target was the only retailer selling the CD version?

I picked up a copy- first CD I have bought since 2012 I think. It's some of the best packaging she's ever had so I had to. It's gorgeous.

It's really a pretty standard CD booklet though, I can't imagine they are selling a version without it.

This might be the best officially recorded version of GDW ever. She still OWNS that song. Wow.
__________________
"and the woman may be awestruck and the woman may truely care, but the woman is so tired...so the woman disappears...come in out of the darkness, bella donna....my soul"- Stevie Nicks, "Bella Donna"
---In memory of my mom, Donna Jean (Jeannie) Allen Commins, 1957-2008- My Bella Donna.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 11-13-2020, 01:37 PM
On Ice On Ice is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 459
Default

This is really a great CD! I'm impressed with Gold Dust Woman a great vibe and sung with great conviction- see she can still sing when she puts her heart into it! The ending of Moon light- was awesome tone to those last notes wish she would do more of this and should've done it in New Orleans. Nicely done and I would. be ok if she went out with this and called it a day except for maybe a few songs and one off's going forward. She doesn't have the writing skills to pull off a great album anymore and long tours can burn her out. And Edge of Seventeen, finally sounds great live!
__________________

Last edited by On Ice; 11-13-2020 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 11-13-2020, 01:37 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
I notice that the ones sold by Target have a red sticker saying 'Exclusive Limited Edition Album Art'.

What does that mean? Do the non-Target ones have no pictures inside the CD package?
The CD Album Art is the inside of the package; the art's not in the liner notes book.

It's two flaps I guess is the word imprinted with shiny gold frames that have concert photos of band members within those pretty frames.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 11-13-2020, 01:40 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
The ending of Moon light- was awesome tone to those last notes wish she would do more of this and should've done it in New Orleans.
I can't recall any falsetto in the New Orleans IAYD recording.
I wish she would've went high for the last lyric of IYWML like it's done on the 24 Karat Gold album.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 11-13-2020, 01:47 PM
On Ice On Ice is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 459
Default

Have a listen to New Orleans on IYD- Brush by..... it was really nice!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 11-13-2020, 07:42 PM
greendaze5's Avatar
greendaze5 greendaze5 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The CD Album Art is the inside of the package; the art's not in the liner notes book.

It's two flaps I guess is the word imprinted with shiny gold frames that have concert photos of band members within those pretty frames.
Thanks for the info!

Unless, I'm mistaken, it looks like the Target version has the lettering done in stamped gold foil, but not the ones sold elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 11-13-2020, 08:45 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,478
Default

Since the album is not selling well, I would make sure you get your CDs from Target fast. They won’t be making many more.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 11-14-2020, 01:32 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Since the album is not selling well, I would make sure you get your CDs from Target fast. They won’t be making many more.
Exactly. Looks like karma has began to pay her back.

It's about time...
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 11-14-2020, 09:44 AM
greendaze5's Avatar
greendaze5 greendaze5 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
This is really a great CD! I'm impressed with Gold Dust Woman a great vibe and sung with great conviction- see she can still sing when she puts her heart into it! The ending of Moon light- was awesome tone to those last notes wish she would do more of this and should've done it in New Orleans. Nicely done and I would. be ok if she went out with this and called it a day except for maybe a few songs and one off's going forward. She doesn't have the writing skills to pull off a great album anymore and long tours can burn her out. And Edge of Seventeen, finally sounds great live!
And it's great that the album has the whole setlist, though I think 'Dreams' and 'Annabelle Lee' were dropped early on.

Brings back good memories of the show I saw (in Seattle).
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 11-14-2020, 03:21 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Since the album is not selling well, I would make sure you get your CDs from Target fast. They won’t be making many more.
It was "limited" production from the outset. There might be a sales pickup with the press she's getting from the Miley Cyrus collab. Also, Xmas shopping might result in the copies selling out from the Target shelves.

I heard Show Them the Way on Sirius' The Pulse today.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 11-14-2020, 03:58 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It was "limited" production from the outset. There might be a sales pickup with the press she's getting from the Miley Cyrus collab. Also, Xmas shopping might result in the copies selling out from the Target shelves.

I heard Show Them the Way on Sirius' The Pulse today.
I’m sorry but if she can’t even crack the Top 200, her career is over. I never thought I would live to see the day she couldn’t even crack the Top 200. She is smart enough to know not to waste more money on making a new album. Her solo career has ended. Sigh....
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 11-14-2020, 06:55 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
And it's great that the album has the whole setlist, though I think 'Dreams' and 'Annabelle Lee' were dropped early on.
Wait, are you saying that “Annabel Lee” is not on this? That is one of my all-time favorites.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 11-14-2020, 07:33 PM
greendaze5's Avatar
greendaze5 greendaze5 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Wait, are you saying that “Annabel Lee” is not on this? That is one of my all-time favorites.

Nope,

According to this set-list site, 'Annabel Lee' was only performed 5 times on the '24K' tour, so it didn't end up on the new album.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/stevie-...?tour=13d7d571
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 11-14-2020, 09:54 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
This is really a great CD! I'm impressed with Gold Dust Woman a great vibe and sung with great conviction- see she can still sing when she puts her heart into it! The ending of Moon light- was awesome tone to those last notes wish she would do more of this and should've done it in New Orleans. Nicely done and I would. be ok if she went out with this and called it a day except for maybe a few songs and one off's going forward. She doesn't have the writing skills to pull off a great album anymore and long tours can burn her out. And Edge of Seventeen, finally sounds great live!
The live CD actually has some very good moments as for a new album if the dreadful Show Them the Way is any indication she has really lost it. Her writing skills and musicality have deserted her.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
$200.0
FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM pictureCHRISTINE MCVIE FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 1977 RUMOURS ALBUM BAS #V28876
$149.99
CHRISTINE MCVIE FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 1977 RUMOURS ALBUM BAS #V28876 pictureFleetwood Mac CHRISTINE McVIE hand signed card
$133.23
Fleetwood Mac CHRISTINE McVIE hand signed card pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picturePress Photo Singer Songwriter Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Press Photo Singer Songwriter Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved