The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2020, 05:39 AM
Justin Reach Justin Reach is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34
Default Were Love Is Dangerous & Hard Feelings Actually Released As Singles?

So did Love Is Dangerous & Hard Feelings get full single releases anywhere? I can only seem to find evidence of a Love Is Dangerous promo 7 inch & CD. Hard Feelings did seem to get a promo & cassette single but no other format. Does anyone here actually have a proper single of either of these tracks?
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 11-08-2020, 10:17 AM
greendaze5's Avatar
greendaze5 greendaze5 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
So did Love Is Dangerous & Hard Feelings get full single releases anywhere? I can only seem to find evidence of a Love Is Dangerous promo 7 inch & CD. Hard Feelings did seem to get a promo & cassette single but no other format. Does anyone here actually have a proper single of either of these tracks?
I remember seeing 'Hard Feelings' sold as a single in the stores back then. From what I recall, the artwork was nothing special at all - just vertical colored lines.

To my knowledge, 'Love Is Dangerous' was not an official single sold to the public, though it might have been sent to radio stations as a promo.

Stevie and Rick actually did 'Love Is Dangerous' (I think at the Toronto show I went to in 1990), but the song was later dropped.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2020, 12:29 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,069
Default

Love Is Dangerous should have been a hit, IMO.

It was one of my favorite songs on BTM.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2020, 03:51 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,229
Default

Love is Dangerous actually was the 3rd single released from BTM. Although you would not know it because it did not get much airplay. Does anyone remember the countdown show comedian Louie Anderson had in 1990? I was surprised to learn when it appeared on the countdown show. Skies the Limit did not get much airplay either except on adult contemporary channels. Top 40 radio almost appeared to blacklist Fleetwood Mac with the new members. As Long As You Follow is a great song but did not even crack the top 40. Save me barely cracked the top 40 and other singles were dead in the water.
Having said that, this is why I think BTM is actually a better album than Tango. Its not really Top 40 single friendly. Its a group effort without embracing the slick music technology of its time.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2020, 03:55 PM
On Ice On Ice is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 459
Default

You're right Greendaze 5 Love is Dangerous was definitely played at what was then the Skydome in Toronto, I was in the front row. I think a few months after its release Behind the Mask was quickly becoming a "flop" and that no amount of subsequent singles would lift the album out of that status. It was hard to deny the lead single some airplay but it could not carry the album and either could the tour. A harsh reality, oh my, I can't believe I'm saying this, 30 years ago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-2020, 06:11 PM
greendaze5's Avatar
greendaze5 greendaze5 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
You're right Greendaze 5 Love is Dangerous was definitely played at what was then the Skydome in Toronto, I was in the front row. I think a few months after its release Behind the Mask was quickly becoming a "flop" and that no amount of subsequent singles would lift the album out of that status. It was hard to deny the lead single some airplay but it could not carry the album and either could the tour. A harsh reality, oh my, I can't believe I'm saying this, 30 years ago.
I was in the 3rd row on the side (where Rick Vito usually stood).

I just looked up the tour dates to refresh my memory. The Toronto show was in Oct., so that means 'Love is Dangerous' was added to the 2nd leg of the tour (not on the first and then dropped). I saw the 1st leg in July at Great Woods in Massachusetts (where the song wasn't done).

At Great Woods, they had a fancy stage set. The stage was hidden behind a big curtain of gauzy net. It was semi-transparent, so with the lighting effects, it cast these shadows when people were behind it.

When the show started, the sound effects intro to 'In the Back of My Mind' was played, and you can sort of see the band members get into their places. When they started singing, "Well I try and I try...", the curtain was dramatically raised to the audience's applause. I don't remember this being done in Toronto.

Even though the album wasn't successful, the shows sold well. They did 3 nights in a row at Great Woods. I remember Stevie wore a mini-skirt.

I just came across this. There's actually a video for 'In the Back of My Mind', pieced together from the 1987 concert video (though it looks like some new shots of Billy B. actually singing the words were added).

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-2020, 10:39 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Love is Dangerous actually was the 3rd single released from BTM. Although you would not know it because it did not get much airplay. Does anyone remember the countdown show comedian Louie Anderson had in 1990? I was surprised to learn when it appeared on the countdown show. Skies the Limit did not get much airplay either except on adult contemporary channels. Top 40 radio almost appeared to blacklist Fleetwood Mac with the new members. As Long As You Follow is a great song but did not even crack the top 40. Save me barely cracked the top 40 and other singles were dead in the water.
Having said that, this is why I think BTM is actually a better album than Tango. Its not really Top 40 single friendly. Its a group effort without embracing the slick music technology of its time.
It lacked, well.....Lindsey!

It's a decent album, but the cream didn't rise quite to the top. And they were getting long in the tooth. Even though I listened to BTM quite a bit, I too had drifted from my FM fandom. I was in college, and FM definitely wasn't cool. I remember mentioning them to people in the audio tech(recording studio) program, and I got eye rolls. I learned to never mention them again. I was supposed to mention hip people, not people that needed new hips!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2020, 04:02 AM
Justin Reach Justin Reach is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34
Default

By the looks of it Hard Feelings does have a unique radio edit that i don't think has appeared anywhere else. Come on Mick, you could makea ton of money from a proper Fleetwood Mac singles collection compilation
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2020, 06:05 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It lacked, well.....Lindsey!

It's a decent album, but the cream didn't rise quite to the top. And they were getting long in the tooth. Even though I listened to BTM quite a bit, I too had drifted from my FM fandom. I was in college, and FM definitely wasn't cool. I remember mentioning them to people in the audio tech(recording studio) program, and I got eye rolls. I learned to never mention them again. I was supposed to mention hip people, not people that needed new hips!
I didn't say it was a great album. Half of it is excellent and the other half is meh. I loved hearing Christine play keyboards again. That is something almost non-existent on Tango. Stevie's songs were pretty much duds. You can hear that blues rhythm section of the band again.
I disliked the light 80s synth pop of Tango. Although there are great songs on both albums.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ...
$2340.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Jacket Display Stevie Nicks, Buckingham & McVie – ... picturerock band original concert photo's ( stevie nicks-sammy hagar-nugent-ac/dc )
$249.0
rock band original concert photo's ( stevie nicks-sammy hagar-nugent-ac/dc ) pictureSTEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 15" x 10" Concert Photo
$150.0
STEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 15Stand Back (Walmart Exclusive) (Vinyl)
$77.43
Stand Back (Walmart Exclusive) (Vinyl) pictureStevie Nicks 11" x 14" Framed Photo Collage by Legends Never Die, Inc.
$72.28
Stevie Nicks 11



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved