The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well. I went to the show last night and having read certain things about Stevie's sounding as though she's had enough and songs being cut, I thought the energy may be lacking slightly. How wrong was I.

It was absolutely sensational and Stevie was on point and even laughed a few times. The others were great as usual but the audience was wild and you could definitely feel that they really appreciated it, especially for GDW and ISA where people were stomping on the floor and wouldn't stop applauding.

The atmosphere just kept getting better and better and I have to say, although it's been getting some criticism, SOTM was one of the highlights as the sound was epic and Stevie's vocals were great. The audience really loved it too.

Overall, one of the best nights of my life, 10/10 for everything and I have to add it was a shame they didn't do Songbird. Everyone seemed to wait at the end after Mick said his speech but it was not to be. Ah well, a sensational night and it was nice to see Stevie genuinely enjoying herself.

Last edited by James89; 06-09-2015 at 05:05 AM..
Old 06-09-2015, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Christine's hand must be hurting again.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Well. I went to the show last night and having read certain things about Stevie's sounding as though she's had enough and songs being cut, I thought the energy may be lacking slightly. How wrong was I.

It was absolutely sensational and Stevie was on point and even laughed a few times. The others were great as usual but the audience was wild and you could definitely feel that they really appreciated it, especially for GDW and ISA where people were stomping on the floor and wouldn't stop applauding.

The atmosphere just kept getting better and better and I have to say, although it's been getting some criticism, SOTM was one of the highlights as the sound was epic and Stevie's vocals were great. The audience really loved it too.

Overall, one of the best nights of my life, 10/10 for everything and I have to add it was a shame they didn't do Songbird. Everyone seemed to wait at the end after Mick said his speech but it was not to be. Ah well, a sensational night and it was nice to see Stevie genuinely enjoying herself.
Thanks for posting. So glad you had a great time and they all seemed on good form.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post

That's great that you had such a good time! It sounds as though the audience were very appreciative. That's what I was aware of most in London - the fantastic atmosphere from the crowd.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
That's great that you had such a good time! It sounds as though the audience were very appreciative. That's what I was aware of most in London - the fantastic atmosphere from the crowd.
I think that's one of the main things I took from the London show I attended also - the audience were on such a massive high. It must be a real adrenaline rush to be on stage and see/hear such appreciation. It gave me goosebumps.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Junior Ledgie

Great gig last night, looking forward to tonights show. Hope Chris does Songbird.

I am going to 10 UK shows on this tour!

In Birmingham today hoping to maybe be lucky and spot LB about town ?
Does anybody know where they are staying today? and where they might be based in Manchester and Glasgow?

Cheers.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, reflections on last night:

Firstly, the atmosphere was incredible! Everyone on the floor stood up for the whole concert, and everyone was dancing and having a great time! I think the band responded to this, as before people were complaining of it looking like a routine - it certainly didn't last night.

Highlights:

Lindsey - the man works his socks off! The amount of energy he put into his playing really improved the show - and his solos were great

Top 5 songs: GDW, ISA, GYOW, Tusk and Don't Stop.

Mick's drum solo was also awesome.

The slight negatives would be the absence of Songbird, and the tempo of Landslide was too fast, but overall, I really enjoyed my first Mac concert, and hopefully it won't be the last!
Old 06-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustmybroom View Post
Grear pic with LB ! Where did you meet him in Birmingham?
i didn't so i have no clue. just posting a tweet from this guy who did.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Ledgie

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's show! 6th row. Cost me a fortune, but worth every penny. Virtually 35 years to the day since I first saw them in June 1980 at Stafford Bingley Hall. Cost me £5 back then. I think this is the first time this line-up has played in the UK since 1980, so I had to see them one more time. Every song sounded terrific live. The chain was a stunning opener. Lindsey certainly did work his socks off all night! Big Love was awesome, as was ISA. Loved Stevie harmonising on NGBA, and YMLF. GYOW and Don't stop brought the house down. My only comment would have been to place Silver springs earlier in the set, as this song though great, isn't a closer. Songbird isn't played every night, and sadly wasn't last night, but with 22 songs played over 2 hours and 20 minutes, it's a small gripe. Can't wait for the new studio album! Richard.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Birmingham Mail June 8, 2015

Band firing on all cylinders with former Bearwood native Christine McVie back on board, says Enda Mullen

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/what...-arena-9415156

Birmingham marked a homecoming of sorts for Fleetwood Mac as they played their 88th date on a world tour that started out in the US in September 2014.

This tour sees the welcome return of singer-songwriter and keyboard player Christine McVie, the former Bearwood native making a big deal of the fact she was back in her old stomping ground.

"Well, hello Birmingham,"she said, as she stepped up to the mic to sing the smash hit Everywhere.

"This is my old stomping ground, many many years ago I used to go to art college here.

"It's fantastic to be back playing with Stevie, John, Lindsey and Mick."

Clearly the band really are firing on all cylinders with her back on board.

Always a slick, polished and consummate live act, there's no doubting there's a special synergy with McVie, her former husband John, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood reunited.

Arguably that synergy is as much about the musical bonds that hold them together as the broken relationships that drove them apart in their turbulent history - some which was alluded to by Buckingham during one of his many song introductions.

This Genting gig did not disappoint with the hits coming thick and fast, from the Formula One anthem The Chain, which got the evening off to a rousing start, John McVie's thundering baseline almost shaking the arena walls.

You Make Loving Fun, Dreams, Second Hand News and Rhiannon were next, the last of these demonstrating Nicks' voice is as rich and warm as ever.

I Know I'm Not Wrong, Tusk, Sisters of the Moon and Say You Love Me followed before an acoustic interlude featuring Nicks and Buckingham, with blistering versions of Big Love, Landslide and Never Going Back Again.

Next it was Gypsy, McVie's voice shining on Little Lies, Gold Dust Woman and I'm So Afraid featured some fine musicianship before Buckingham virtually raised the roof with Go Your Own Way.

That was the final song two hours in but it wasn't long before the return of The Mac for a singalong encore performance of World Turning featuring the requisite Mick Fleetwood drum solo and Don't Stop.

Despite their decades in the business and those previous 87 tour dates, Fleetwood Mac have still very much got it.

Will this be their last tour as some are saying? Who knows - but let's hope not.

The band are back at Genting Arena on June 9 and July 4.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Birmingham Mail, June 9. 2015 By Luke Beardsworth

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/what...essons-9417855

Six things we learned from Fleetwood Mac at the Genting Arena

Fleetwood Mac played the first of their two shows at the Genting Arena last night.

Our reviewer loved it and even gave it five stars. You can read his full review here.

We also gathered together some of your pictures from the evening here. You really got some great shots.

We took away from important lessons from seeing Fleetwood Mac - here they are.

88 dates and still strong

This was the 88th Fleetwood Mac show of a tour that has been going for the last year.

The band members might be getting on a little bit at this point but that doesn't stop them giving a five star performance.

Christine McVie makes this the real Fleetwood Mac

The return of singer-songwriter and keyboard player Christine McVie to the fold has been a huge deal.

When bands tour without their most brilliant line-up it is always something of a shame so it's great to see her back.

And she's delighted to have played in Birmingham again

"This is my old stomping ground, many many years ago I used to go to art college here.

"It's fantastic to be back playing with Stevie, John, Lindsey and Mick."

And it's great to have you back.

The old chemistry is still there

After all the arguments and clashes, you'd half-expect the interaction between the band to be a little awkward.

That's simply not on display here and the synergy between the band is as exceptional as it was in their prime.

Go Your Own Way is astounding

In a night full of classic tracks, Go Your Own Way still managed to raise its head above the battlements as victor.

The track blew the roof off the Genting Arena and declared itself the ruler of an impressive catalogue.

They're ready for the Isle of Wight Festival

This weekend, while we're slipping around in the probable mud at Download Festival, Fleetwood Mac will headline Isle of Wight Festival.

They decided to give Glastonbury a miss meaning this is their big chance to show they can still compete with their contemporaries. We've no doubt that they'll rise to the challenge.