Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I love to read the Christine is still peppy and really enjoying herself. Cologne is such a beautiful city (was there once). It must have been a dream night. If Stevie is too tired, I fully support letting her take a break with dropping a few songs from the set. This way we can get some more of Christine
Old 06-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Go Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicInferno View Post
I think someone in the front row was screaming "GO INSANE" when it became clear that he would play an acoustic song and after he began playing it, he stopped and said someting like "No, not this one".
love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missundercover View Post
He was definitely teasing. But the sound tech yelled 'Go Insane' a few moments before... and then some people in the crowd, so I guess he just went with it.
there was also this tweet (thanks Nicole for heads up!):

@benniganclaire
oh yeah also somebody yelled go insane before lindsey played big love so he also played a little bit of go insane

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So . I was there too, row 11 in a block 102 .
It was, for sure, great!

Someone really screamed "Go insane" before Lindsey was going to talk about Big Love and he played a little of it .

Lindsey was great, he really enjoys that, or he can play, like he is enjoying. Stevie really most of the time doesnt even care, if she looks like sheīs enjoying or not. Itīs just her I think always when sheīs playing with Fleetwood Mac. I read it here before I went there, so I was expecting that. Anyway she sang beautiful and great. I would say better than in 2009 or 2013, when I saw them Berlin.

And Christine, I would say she was much more like Lindsey. She was a little interacting with the audience too, not like Stevie. My highlight of the show was probably You Make Loving Fun, I didnt expect it, but it sound great live. I had never said that itīs one of my most favourite songs, but from this tour... it definitely is.

I missed Stand Back very much. It would be better then Sisters of the Moon, Gypsy or Silver Springs.

And itīs also funny, that Stevie, the most sleepy part of the band, is anyway the most popular. I can say that from what I saw and heard from the audience.

And I was also surprised, that at the end was only Mick talking there. What happened? Stevie like so much to talk on stage :-D. Thatīs my feeling.

Iīm really curious whatīs going to happen next. Because I really donīt feel, that Stevie would like to do something with the band... maybe itīs the time when she will do something solo for the last time to say goodbye or something. But itīs funny, now, when Christine is back. She would make a new record for sure.

And one more think. I was very nice surprised also with the people around me, Im talking about the audince in the front. On both concerts in 2009 and 2013 everyone was sitting till Go Your Own Way... and thatīs sick on rock concert.... here... right when The Chain started, everone stood up and were standing almost all the time... they sit just for a Silver Springs and something slow or when someone was talking... so that was really great. Even if I couldnt go right to the stage, itīs much better to stay, than sit.

So thank you Fleetwood Mac, thank you Christine .
Itīs funny. I was always thinking that I will never get the chance to see them. Now I saw them 3 times already and even now Im thinking, that it was for the last time, like in 2009 and 2013 :-D. So now I really have no idea, what should I expect, or what should I think .

For sure I know, what I want. And thatīs something, what is really not going to happen, and thatīs Stevieīs solo tour in Europe. Because thatīs not Stevie, here on Fleetwood Mac tour, thatīs just some robot, who sang great a few old songs, and thatīs it. I want to hear Edge of Seventeen and something new too. Well... should I take a plane to USA?

So enjoy guys the other concerts in UK and Australia.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 06-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
Yes, the Go Insane moment was very special.
and here it is:

thank so much Nicole for finding and sharing it!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Because thatīs not Stevie, here on Fleetwood Mac tour, thatīs just some robot, who sang great a few old songs, and thatīs it.
Hi Matthew, nice to hear that you were there again, too.
I have to agree with you about the robot-Stevie, I was standing in front of her, basically 2 meters away and it was even worse from there. She absolutely did not want to be there, when she was in the shadows, she appeared near disgusted from all of it. With Christine being so super cute and having fun, Lindsey playing his heart out and the rhythm section being on point, Stevies behaviour onstage was so bad that it really makes me question my decision to put out 291 Euros to see the band. I left with a bad feeling about the concert that even all the positive stuff that went on can't shake. Sad, and very unprofessional from her.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:03 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi,
Does anyone know where Row FF was in the front blocks of O2 London ?

Were they after F and infront of G or at the back? Im finding it hard
to get anyone to commit.

Thanks so much . . . . . Cant wait!!!
Old 06-06-2015, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Lindsey is so cool for reacting to the fan to play a tad of Go Insane
Old 06-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Spoke to my brother today who was at the cologne concert, he was expecting something memorable after my Amsterdamexperiences, but he was totally disappointed. Shabby sound, aweful audience constantly complaining about people who stood, the playing was pretty sloppy, especially Lindsey, so all in all an uninspired performance. I felt sorry for him.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We had those constant complainer, too, seriously, when you sit in the first row where people were alowed to stand up and dance, you should expect that some folks dance. Sigh!
Some people left after 30 minutes because the sound was so awful, but this is a well known venue problem, nothing Mac specific.
I'm still disapointed about the concert, too. Seeing Christine was wonderful, but the band was playing tighter in 2013 and Stevie was reluctantly sleepwalking through it.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 06-06-2015 at 09:11 AM..
Old 06-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Ledgie

Interesting to read that some people have noticed this even back in the day. Maybe it depends on Stevie's constantly changing mood that it sometimes seems she's just going through the motions.
I was too far away to notice it on Thursday, but I wouldn't blame her if she's tired of the routine. I would only blame them for charging so much money for concert tickets in this case.

By the way, I always think she looks bored and tired on the "The Dance" dvd as well.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicInferno View Post
I would only blame them for charging so much money for concert tickets in this case.
LOL! I think I fell into a trap of my own frugal making here. Stevie is only human and has the right to have a night where she isn't motivated. But for me, the ticket price was rather hefty and I DEMAND perfection for 323 $, plus the travelling to Cologne, the minimum of Merchandising and something to eat and drink was another 130 $. I've spend less for whole vacations. Can I get a refund because Stevie wasn't in the mood?

Now I really hope she does better in Antwerpen, I want my Stevie happy, in harmony with the rest of the band, in a dancing mood (and butterflies and unicorns, please)!

Last edited by AncientQueen; 06-06-2015 at 10:49 AM..
Old 06-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mind you, I'd feel bored to death as well if I had to sing the same handful of old songs night after night for a massive tour....she wouldn't be half as bored and miserable if they were more adventurous.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Mind you, I'd feel bored to death as well if I had to sing the same handful of old songs night after night for a massive tour....she wouldn't be half as bored and miserable if they were more adventurous.
yeah let's cut Stevie a break. Unlike 2009 where she was consistently acting bored/disinterested on stage, she has been quite engaged and giving solid performances (some better than others) since the start of the tour. Maybe she was just having a bad night. Everyone is entitled to that once in a while.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 06-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

So, here I am to share my thoughts on the Cologne concert:

It was the first time for me seeing all five members on stage and my fifth FM concert overall. I love that Christine rejoined the band - it definitely added to the 'cycle' and also to the setlist. I mean - I did miss Stand Back and Sara, but the additional Christine songs made up for it.

I agree with everyone else about the security: very tight this time. Luckily I did have my front row seat and the band security guy (Gervais?) recognized me this time (we didn't speak before) and introduced himself to me. Nice, although I wasn't very chatty, because I was kinda excited that the show was about to start.
When the light went out I went to stand between Stevie and Lindsey's mic. In hindsight maybe not the best spot. I do love watching these two, but I had a hard time seeing Christine (during Songbird I only saw the piano. ).

I didn't notice sound problems, but honestly? Standing in front always makes for a bad sound experience, so I didn't give it much thought.

Regarding the interactions with the crowd: same as always. Lindsey does way more, but I can't say that Stevie did less than at the other concerts (she did look a few times and also signed something for someone). I must say that I missed the playfulness between Stevie and Lindsey though. My last concert before this one was Stuttgart in 2013 and that was a highlight. Maybe there really is some strain at the moment. Who knows why? Maybe the album? Be as it may: I'm happy I got to see them again and I really hope it wasn't the last time.

Landslide was dedicated to relatives of Stevie from Cologne. She said she was/is trying to find them, but hasn't so far. Also to the Cologne cathedral.

Here are some of my favorite shots (no filter - the stage light messes with my iPhone camera):

And some more here:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/11599049@N08/X5LW7m

To all of you who will go to the upcoming concerts: enjoy! I did.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like those photos! When the band gets washed out in the photos, especially in their faces, they look so young.
I have to admit, I still love to look at her shoes. It seems her shoes are custom built with the front part being so high to the heel that it looks like her feet are not at a severe (and painful) angle, but more flat, like she was wearing a 2" heel. I could be way off on that as I don't wear ladies shoes.