The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB on new fans and next album (American Way)

Lindsey Buckingham on Fleetwood Mac's new fans and next album - June 2015 issue of American Way -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

article here http://magazines.aa.com/content/qa-lindsey-buckingham -

(huh? slightly varied outfit?? what's going on?!? )

Q&A: Lindsey Buckingham
The Fleetwood Mac guitarist on why the band’s relationships are always a work in progress

STORY TITLE HERE
John Russo

I’ve noticed that the band seems to be connecting with a new, younger audience. True?
“We’ve gotten a multigenerational response. You’ve got people who were young adults when we first hit the market way back when, and then you’ve got young people who’ve just been introduced to our work. You can hear our approach in a lot of younger groups who are coming along now and have obviously listened to our music. Everyone seems to be appreciating the body of work.”

Fleetwood Mac is famous for how the relationships of the band members influenced the music. What is the dynamic now?
“When Stevie [Nicks] and I joined *Fleetwood Mac, it didn’t look like we would all fit well together. But it ended up being this synergy created from the divergent sensibilities and different tastes and outlooks on how to approach creativity — how to approach life in general. It was greater than the sum of its parts. Now, you’d think all these years later that somehow we would have figured out our drill. That we know how to be on the same page or deal with a certain amount of chaos within the ranks. But on some strange level — and it’s kind of refreshing — the interaction between the members is still a work in progress.”

What does that stem from?
“A lot of it stems from the fact that there were these two couples that broke up. Things have settled down pretty well. But it is somehow reflective of the fact that we don’t all want the same things at the same time for the same reasons. So you’ve got elements of that, and it makes it that much more special when we do come together. And people do seem to buy into the subtext behind the scenes as much as they buy into the music.”

I’ve heard a new album may be on the horizon after this tour. Any truth to that?
“I think so. Christine [McVie] gave me some very rough stuff, of her just playing the piano and singing into a microphone. I took it home and, as I’ve always done, took some liberties with it. At some point, I sent it over to her before she came over to L.A. [before the tour]. Then we all spent about two months at *Village Studios, which is where we cut Tusk, and we cut all these great new songs. It was really a transcendent experience.”

Fleetwood Mac’s worldwide tour includes a trip through the U.K. this month, with four nights in London.

June 16
SSE Hydro, Glasgow, Scotland
June 20, July 10-11
3 Arena, Dublin
June 22, 24, 26, 27
O2 Arena, London

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That vest reminds me of days past.

Thank you for posting.

Michele
Old 06-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

I love it when Lindsey spins silk out of a sow's ear!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
aNow, you’d think all these years later that somehow we would have figured out our drill. That we know how to be on the same page or deal with a certain amount of chaos within the ranks. But on some strange level — and it’s kind of refreshing — the interaction between the members is still a work in progress.”
drill? chaos within the ranks? what's with all the military metaphors?

but then there's that serenity and positive outlook coming through at the end - chaos in the ranks is refreshing.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
drill? chaos within the ranks? what's with all the military metaphors?

but then there's that serenity and positive outlook coming through at the end - chaos in the ranks is refreshing.
Military metaphors are so old hat, lol.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 06-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Military metaphors are so old hat, lol.
right. after all being in FM is like being in the Army, dear Sheryl.

Stevie should stop creating chaos within the FM ranks. she might get dismissed. it may even lead to dishonorable discharge.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
right. after all being in FM is like being in the Army, dear Sheryl.

Stevie should stop creating chaos within the FM ranks. she might get dismissed. it may even lead to dishonorable discharge.
She should join Christine in boot camp and get in shape.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Does anyone know if this was before or after the Sunday Times article?
Old 06-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
Does anyone know if this was before or after the Sunday Times article?
just speculating, but judging by that picture which looks like it was probably taken in his backyard, maybe during the break between the US and UK legs. so few days or weeks after? why?

Old 06-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, well, nothing new....
Old 06-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
just speculating, but judging by that picture which looks like it was probably taken in his backyard, maybe during the break between the US and UK legs. so few days or weeks after? why?
Just curious. Especially after Stevie flat out said she doesn't know if she will contribute new material at all. I wondered if he still replied with "I think so" when asked about the album even after Stevie said that publicly or if it was beforehand.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
Just curious. Especially after Stevie flat out said she doesn't know if she will contribute new material at all. I wondered if he still replied with "I think so" when asked about the album even after Stevie said that publicly or if it was beforehand.
oh, you mean whether he would consider releasing FM album without Stevie? from what i've heard, he would.

Mick seems to be more adamant about the 5.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh, you mean whether he would consider releasing FM album without Stevie? from what i've heard, he would.

Mick seems to be more adamant about the 5.
that fits perfectly with what one would expect.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Ledgie

Lindsey said "Then we all spent about two months at *Village Studios, which is where we cut Tusk, and we cut all these great new songs. It was really a transcendent experience.”

So I'm confused... Does "we all" include Stevie? Because if so it sounds like she is certainly involved, yes?!