Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I wouldn't say she's scared of not living up to some imagined standard.
But perhaps she feels bit jealous of the new-found camaraderie between Lindsey and Christine. It might manifest into a "me against them" attitude, with her casting herself as the suffering oppressed artist and outcast.

Your Tango reference is so acute. At this latter stage in her long history with the band, she still holds grudges like a badge of honor, while everyone has moved on. Sure, Lindsey is a self-absorbed, obsessive egotist, yet he seems to be more aware of his issues, and thus, is a little more objective and negotiable. We can only speculate what Stevie decision is going to make. I hope she takes off her crown and gives Fleetwood Mac a proper send off by making one last album with them.

This arduous demanding two year tour, while amazing millions of fans across the world, is taking a toll on the band. It's an event that will eventually recede itself into the ether of history and memory. I hope it doesn't sacrifice the possibility for one last album of new music to cap off their long legendary musical rein. Stevie might not give us the answer that we want her to, Oh Well. Let the band play on one last time, Buckingham McVie style. Wait a few year for Stevie to complain and regret why she wasn't involved, finding something or someone to blame, all the while justifying her decision.
Wow, that was seriously so well put.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
well to revisit that documentary, they were harsh to her from the get-go.. when she said I wrote these songs thinking of FM, and Mick told her.. we don't want to sound like FM... they do still seem dismissive of her
I totally took that as just British sarcastic humor, nothing more, nothing less. She certainly didn't seem put off by it.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Lindsey plays the press to SEEM magnanimous, but watch the SYW doc... he's a manipulating control freak still.

I don't mean to argue with you,....
I don't see it as an argument. I appreciate your perspective.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow, that was seriously so well put.
Thanks. This is what happens at four in the morning when you're a stressed-out insomniac. The Ledge becomes my psychiatry couch. I let out my angst by addressing and accessing other people's issues.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At this latter stage in her long history with the band, she still holds grudges like a badge of honor, while everyone else has moved on.
i think this about sums it up, in just one sentence, what's been happening with this band for some time now.

Quote:
Sure, Lindsey is a self-absorbed, obsessive egotist, yet he seems to be more aware of his issues, and thus, is a little more objective and negotiable. We can only speculate what Stevie decision is going to make. I hope she takes off her crown and gives Fleetwood Mac a proper send off by making one last album with them.
this is a very interesting statement. if you said "Stevie is self-absorbed, egotistical diva" or something similar, you'd immediately have 10 people here jumping up and down and throwing personal insults at you, along with throwing mud on someone else in the band (usually Lindsey) to try to prove that somehow she must be a better person than others, and poor little thing always wronged by them for one or the other reason. but people just take it like it's an absolute truth about Lindsey, mostly stemming from what Stevie has been saying about or to him in various docs, interviews and even on stage, for decades up till right now, without any of us really knowing whether that has much truth in it.

agree with you though that he's aware of any issues he has, and is trying to get over and move away from them. i don't nearly think the man is perfect, yet Lindsey is one of the nicest and most approachable celebrities you will ever meet, much more than you could ever expect anybody to be.

Quote:
Stevie might not give us the answer or closure that we want from her. Oh Well! Let the band play on one last time, Buckingham McVie style. Wait a few years for Stevie to complain and regret why she wasn't involved, finding something or someone to blame, all the while justifying her decision.
another great summation of the situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's just like with Christine. When Stevie was telling her how hard it was on the road, Christine DID listen to her and took her advice and got a trainer, BUT she also told Stevie that she knows what it's like on the road, very well. Thank you very much.

It's natural to push back when someone is acting like what they have to say is paramount, not taking into account the other person's position.
exactly.

Quote:
Thanks. This is what happens at four in the morning when you're a stressed-out insomniac. The Ledge becomes my psychiatry couch. I let out my angst by addressing and accessing other people's issues.
yup, been using it as somewhat similar outlet for the last few years now!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-01-2015, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is what happens at four in the morning when you're a stressed-out insomniac. The Ledge becomes my psychiatry couch. I let out my angst by addressing and accessing other people's issues.
I like this.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

June 4, 2015 by NATIONAL ENQUIRER STAFF [of course, the National Enquirer is a tabloid]

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...ood-mac-attack

Fleetwood Mac singer STEVIE NICKS is desperate to go her own way after the band ends its world tour in November!

“Stevie believes every show endangers her soul,” an insider said.

The songbird went through a painful breakup with guitarist Lindsey Buckingham as the group soared to stardom in the ’70s.

Drummer Mick Fleetwood has said Stevie still endures “a form of button-pushing” from Lindsey, who conceded that working together “scares her a little.”

Added the source: “Stevie’s really afraid he burdens her soul with darkness!”
Old 06-04-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
June 4, 2015 by NATIONAL ENQUIRER STAFF [of course, the National Enquirer is a tabloid]

Fleetwood Mac singer STEVIE NICKS is desperate to go her own way after the band ends its world tour in November!

The songbird went through a painful breakup with guitarist Lindsey Buckingham as the group soared to stardom in the ’70s.

Drummer Mick Fleetwood has said Stevie still endures “a form of button-pushing” from Lindsey, who conceded that working together “scares her a little.”

Gosh, and all this time I thought they were best buds. I'm beside myself.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder want the shippers think about this?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-04-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don't.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

OOH. THE DRAMA.

I think the last line is my favourite, to be honest. The exclamation marks really drive that point home, lol. Also, this 'source' happens to use the word 'soul' (in the context of endangering and burdening) TWICE in literally two sentences. Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

GTFO.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 06-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The Empire (State) Strikes Back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Darth Bucky.jpg (52.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I could picture this "source" being either one of her die-hard fans or one of her backup singers/girlfriends.

It's believable to me that Stevie herself would say this to someone on this inside. (It sounds like a lyric she'd write.) What is unbelievable is that she has yet to get over the trauma. Is she seeing a psychotherapist? I'm sure Lindsey must be a complete douche to work with and that their shared history complicates an already-complicated dynamic, but even on the basest level, I find it hard to believe he has the "ability to burden her soul with darkness".

Old age has given Christine perspective and strength to reassess. It has for Lindsey as well (though his "serenity" may seem "paper thin"). But old age has only opened up all manner of problems for Stevie. It can't be just Lindsey. Other stresses and problems are at work here.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 06-05-2015 at 06:29 PM..
Old 06-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It's believable to me that Stevie herself would say this to someone on this inside. (It sounds like a lyric she'd write.) What is unbelievable is that she has yet to get over the trauma. Is she seeing a psychotherapist? I'm sure Lindsey must be a complete douche to work with and that their shared history complicates an already-complicated dynamic, but even on the basest level, I find it hard to believe he has the "ability to burden her soul with darkness".
see the thing is - why would we be so sure in that? all other collaborators don't seem to think that. almost everyone he produced or worked with over the years, from the early days on, have only good things to say about him. i was reading Walter Egan q&a here the other day, and when someone asked him whether LB was a "douche" or hard to work with he said something like, no he was really easy - unless Stevie was also in the studio.

yeah, you can say that as a LB fan i'm prone to seeing LB in a good light, but i'm just not sure whether this "Lindsey is a douche" is really true or if it really mostly comes from a single source - his ex (and maybe another source - KC - who frequently seems to have an axe to grind with most of the band).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-05-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You had to ask...