Yep. perfect.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
He probably hasn't even listened to it.
Jim: “How are your buddies in Fleetwod Mac doing?”

Stevie: “They’re good. Lindsey’s finished a record that is, I think, amazing. I think it’s the best thing that he’s ever done. And it’s so interesting because last November when he came up to work on ‘Soldier’s Angel ’- which is the last thing that we really did - we played him my record, and he played the Dave and Stevie world and Glen Ballard his record. So we listened to both records in a row. At the end, Lindsey was sitting on one side of me, I was in the middle and Glen was here, and Dave was walking around with his guitar around his neck. And Glen just jumped up and said, "Oh my god, you guys are on fire! You have both made an amazing record in the same year!” Of course, I’m going like “Please god, let me love this record.” Because I’m sitting here next to Lindsey, he knows me so well.. if I don’t love this record, I’m gonna go like “Well, I…” you know? And I swear to god I think that Lindsey like swallowed some melody pills and some lyrical pills, because all of a sudden along with his amazing bombastic guitar that he plays are these really beautiful words and beautiful melodies. I’m so very proud of him. So the Fleetwood Mac gang is fine. John’s in Honolulu, Micks’ in Maui . Lindsey here, getting ready to release this record and working on it. So you know, it’s good. “

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
He probably hasn't even listened to it.
lol true!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i agree with you about fun interviews, and also especially about Bob Welch parts.

"rehearsed" is very different from "hard-won" and "paper-thin". rehearsed implies faking it and putting up the front behind which you are hiding your real feelings. hard-won implies having to work against your first or more base instincts and actually changing yourself to be more serene person and to try having both inner peace and more positive outlook. he is definitely latter, not former.
and "paper-thin" implies that it's still a bit tentative, and that it wouldn't take a whole lot to 'tear through' that thin paper.... not sure if that implies his less serene characteristics aren't that far below the surface waiting to come out, or whether they are implying that maintaining serenity specifically in the face of all the political poo that goes on in the band is too challenging
Old 05-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i agree with you about fun interviews, and also especially about Bob Welch parts.

"rehearsed" is very different from "hard-won" and "paper-thin". rehearsed implies faking it and putting up the front behind which you are hiding your real feelings. hard-won implies having to work against your first or more base instincts and actually changing yourself to be more serene person and to try having both inner peace and more positive outlook. he is definitely latter, not former.
I think there's a connection between rehearsed and hard won. His "paper-thin" serenity may be held in place by the rehearsal of several mantras and statements which help him keep a level head.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think there's a connection between rehearsed and hard won. His "paper-thin" serenity may be held in place by the rehearsal of several mantras and statements which help him keep a level head.
there can be connection, sure.

my point earlier was just that neither writer said his "serenity" is rehearsed, just that some of his responses seem to be prepared and well rehearsed (which we know they are!).

i don't think rehearsing his press statements keeps him serene, positive, and level-headed (well maybe makes him appear level-headed ). therapy, yoga, stable life, physical activities, less focus on work, etc are probably much more bases of his positive attitude and "serenity" these days.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-26-2015, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Somehow I don't think appealing to her sense of making him happy is the right path to getting her to record...
Exactly. "No one has done it better than me" is purely a matter of opinion, and while he has done some wonderful things with her songs, he's had a few misfires too. There are brilliant works on her solo albums that he's had nothing to do with. The comment comes across as egotistical, and it doesn't sound like he's as open to an outside producer as he once indicated.

And then when he adds, "If you would trust me to do that for you, it would make me very happy," he's making it too much about him. Stevie is probably worried that even if he's happy with the result, she may not be (like with SYW). She has a right to have her songs sound the way she wants them to, but it sounds like Lindsey wants ultimate control, so it's easy to see how that could lead to drama in the studio.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think it's interesting Christine made a point to bring up Bob Welch, his profound effect on her musical style, and the tragedy of his death. I wonder what part his death might have had on her return to the band?

I also love the fact Chris totally shuts down the interviewer about Stevie & Lindsey collaborating musically, and totally calls them out for not even being friendly in a personal way. She's certainly cut through the BS those two have been feeding to the press since 1997.

And it turns out the house John bought in LA a while back was actually for his daughter. His comment about rearranging his priorities towards his wife & daughter was an unexpected one- he has long seemed to me to be the quiet family man of the band.

John's comment on not wanting to go on much longer really makes me anxious. But then again, he says in the next breath that he'll still be going at 75+ if there is demand. I suppose he always has been a quiet study in contrasts.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like how Christine says that people call her The Earth Mother, but denies having been more grounded and says she was crazy too, right along with them.

Michele
Old 05-27-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I also love the fact Chris totally shuts down the interviewer about Stevie & Lindsey collaborating musically, and totally calls them out for not even being friendly in a personal way. She's certainly cut through the BS those two have been feeding to the press since 1997.
contrasts.
I actually got scolded for bringing it up in 2013. During her favorite track interviews, she picked the beautiful, "Races are Run" as one of her favorite pieces. She then said she loved how it was so representative of how they made music together and the magic between them. Then in her sassy way, she stated, "Not in any other way these days". Meaning, they don't really get on in the current times. It was a very cute way of saying, "don't buy into it."
Old 05-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to nicole21290 for posting the magazine!!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:19 AM

Mick Fleetwood Imagines What Might Have Been With Original Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Peter Green
By Jeff Giles May 29, 2015 10:15 AM

They’ve gone on to far greater success in the years since releasing their first few albums, but for some Fleetwood Mac fans, there’s really never been any substitute for the band’s original lineup — and drummer Mick Fleetwood understands why.

Fleetwood and the rest of the band sat for individual interviews in the new issue of Mojo, and when confronted with the subject of co-founder and original guitarist Peter Green — who left the lineup in 1970 and entered a long period of illness and seclusion — Fleetwood was unequivocal in his belief that the first version of the group had unfinished business when Green departed.

I think it would have been really profound,” he mused when asked what might have been if Green had been able to stick around. “I have no doubt what was missed. I think we would have had a place sort of like Led Zeppelin in America. The creativity was on a par with where they took themselves. That’s what I think would have happened. I think we would have had a really, really elastic musical trip. Experimenting with sounds and styles and orchestras.

That being said, the current Fleetwood Mac lineup has had a pretty incredible trip of its own, and as far as Fleetwood’s concerned, it’ll be the last version of the band. “This is it, to me,” he stated emphatically. “Emotionally, if you think of the enormity of what has happened, the surprise of what has happened, the doors that have opened to be walked through … If you were writing a book, you’d go, ‘Isn’t it a shame I can’t end it like this?’ We’ve had the chance to end it like that and I wouldn’t dream of it any other way.

Read More: Mick Fleetwood Imagines What Might Have Been With Original Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Peter Green | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/origi...ckback=tsmclip
Old 05-29-2015, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...a bit behind the times; I've only just picked up a copy of Mojo.
The thing that struck me the most...was what a lovely texture the Mojo cover is.
edit- sorry, I must be becoming more tactile as I get older!

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 05-29-2015 at 02:59 PM..
Old 05-29-2015, 02:56 PM

I just ordered a copy... I couldn't help myself. Thanks for posting Nicole...
Old 05-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
With all five members of the current line-up speaking in individual, extensive interviews in the new edition of MOJO (July 2015/ #260), out now in the UK, the guitarist says he’s working on material with Christine McVie, who recently re-joined the band, but fellow singer – and former partner – Stevie Nicks is not so keen to collaborate again.

“Christine had some rough ideas for new songs, and was very interested in me hearing them and taking them to a more recordable level,” he explains. “And I had a bunch of stuff that was just tracks with suggested melodies and we exchanged ideas and the synergy was immediate – and transcendent, in my opinion.”

“I don’t know whether or not Stevie Nicks will come to the table for an album.”

However Nicks is less on board, at the moment, Buckingham tells MOJO’s Jim Irvin.

“I think Stevie’s a little torn. It has a lot to do with her life in general and trying to figure out what means something to her,” suggests the guitarist.

“I don’t know whether or not she’ll come to the table for an album. I hope she does… I think it scares her a little.”

I really hope this is to keep the drama of the band alive. Stevie should look at the sales of her last few solo releases. Girl, you better get on board for this Fleetwood Mac album. All 5 of them or no FM album at all I say.