User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default New Interview - MOJO, May 26th 2015

Something to look forward to. The piece will at least be better written than the Life one, I'm willing to bet. http://www.mojo4music.com/20292/come...ood-mac-speak/

“Come Back But You Can’t Leave Again!” Fleetwood Mac Speak

All five members – Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham, John and Christine McVie – open up in exclusive interviews in the new issue of MOJO.

EVEN FOR A band who have experienced more than their fair share of intrigue, drama and line-up turmoil, Christine McVie’s return to Fleetwood Mac may be the most extraordinary turn-up yet.

Ahead of enormous UK shows and even (whisper it) a new album, all five members of the band have elected to speak to MOJO in a series of individual interviews tackling the entirety of their career.

That includes good times, bad times, “carnage and intrigue” and a massive “rubber dildo called Harold”… of course.

Plus the free, 15-track CD that comes with the magazine traces Fleetwood Mac’s roots through a series of classic blues and rock’n’roll recordings, including songs from Buddy Holly, Robert Johnson, Elmore James and more.

The new issue of MOJO (July 2015 / #260) will be on sale in the UK from Tuesday (May 26). But first, here’s a taster of some of the things Fleetwood Mac are getting off their collective chests:

Christine McVie on her Fleetwood Mac exile…

“I never listened to a Fleetwood Mac record the whole 16 years. If something came on the radio I’d turn it off. Not that I didn’t love the music, I just denied myself the pride of having done something that great. I felt I didn’t deserve it or something. This is like talking to my psychiatrist!”

Lindsey Buckingham on why Christine’s return was a gamble…

“It’s interesting. We really were doing fine as a four-piece. When Mick called me and said, ‘I’ve been talking to Christine and I think she’s…’ You know, on paper it was great but you never know how these things are going to play out. I called her up and said, ‘Chris, I think it’s a great idea, but you do know that if you come back you can’t leave again!” She was coming from this place that’s all about how she’s feeling about her life, and she realised how much she’s missed this. That doesn’t necessarily mean she was ready for 80 shows in the States, much less everything else we’re doing, so we took it step by step… One thing that was really key was that she had some rough ideas for new songs.”

John McVie on the group’s moth-like attraction to intra-band drama…

“It wasn’t conscious. The main thing was to keep playing the music. It wasn’t as if we were saying, ‘Let’s have an argument and something edgy will come out of it.’ It was never like that, far from it.”

Stevie Nicks on why they’ll never escape their past…

“It was totally important and everybody is still writing about everybody else. It will never stop. Once you have that, even long after the couples are broken up, you still have that – when you sit down to write a couple of songs, that news from 100 years ago still creeps in.”

And Mick Fleetwood on why this reunification will be the final Fleetwood Mac line-up…

“This is it, to me. Emotionally, if you think of the enormity of what has happened, the surprise of what has happened, the doors that have opened to be walked through… If you were writing a book, you’d go, ‘Isn’t it a shame I can’t end it like this?’ We’ve had the chance to end it like that and I wouldn’t dream of it any other way.”

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 05-21-2015 at 07:51 AM..
Old 05-21-2015, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow, it really sounds like Christine was in a dark place during her retirement. With every interview/book/etc, another layer is added.

All this talk of this being the final act is starting to bum me out. Just when the stars have realigned, and we're already going to get the rug yanked out from under us yet again.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Wow, it really sounds like Christine was in a dark place during her retirement. With every interview/book/etc, another layer is added.

All this talk of this being the final act is starting to bum me out. Just when the stars have realigned, and we're already going to get the rug yanked out from under us yet again.
I wouldn't get too down about this "final act" thing. Besides, in every five-act Shakespeare play that I know of there several final scenes, aren't there? And they're not alll tragedies...

Seriously though, some of them are getting old . Old Anno Domini will catch up at some point. They need to go out whilst they're still capable of performing credibly.

Interesting that Stevie's talking about writing new songs, though...
Old 05-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

John will be introducing "Harold"...I wonder if he (Harold) will be joining them for the UK shows?...Might be interesting...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 05-21-2015 at 10:52 AM..
Old 05-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

An act is an indeterminate amount of time. So that last act is from right now until the time they decide to quit. All it means is they aren't going to go on hiatus or lose a member or something and then come back again.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I wouldn't get too down about this "final act" thing. Besides, in every five-act Shakespeare play that I know of there several final scenes, aren't there? And they're not alll tragedies...

Seriously though, some of them are getting old . Old Anno Domini will catch up at some point. They need to go out whilst they're still capable of performing credibly.

Interesting that Stevie's talking about writing new songs, though...
I don't think she's specifically referring to writing new songs, but just songwriting in general.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another magazine? I'm close to being broke right now It already looks better than the Life though, looking forward to reading it.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad John participated.

Louie, it just says that this will be the final FM line-up. So, that's not too depressing to me -- that they decided not to add a 4th singer.

Michele
Old 05-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know how it is in the UK, but in America, you can't get away from Fleetwood Mac music. You can't turn off that many radios or televisions. You can run, but you can't hide.

Michele
Old 05-21-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm glad John participated.

Louie, it just says that this will be the final FM line-up. So, that's not too depressing to me -- that they decided not to add a 4th singer.

Michele
All kidding aside, I feel the same way.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So where do we get this? At Barnes and Noble? This seems like it will be much better than the Life Magazine piece. It has exclusive interviews with each person. Life was just using quotes and excerpts from other interviews and even Ken and Carol Anne's books. I am looking forward to reading this.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

I agree. I remember years ago when I saw her only "In the meantime" interview that is on youtube and how uncomfortable she seemed. It was such a light and fluff interview with no hard hitting questions. But Chris seemed on edge and not enjoying herself. It actually made me sad seeing the interview even though I liked to hear her talk about her album.
So happy she saw a therapist to conquer her fears to join the band again.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
So where do we get this? At Barnes and Noble? This seems like it will be much better than the Life Magazine piece.
Yes, Barnes & Noble. Just like the LIFE issue, you will find this magazine to the left and in the back of the store.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't think she's specifically referring to writing new songs, but just songwriting in general.
Right. There is nothing in her quote that indicates an active writing process.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm about to start typing it all up, but I bought a digital copy a half hour ago. Here are all the pages.

MICK FLEETWOOD

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 05-25-2015 at 07:32 PM..