User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I am not so sure about that anymore. It looks like her glitter is starting to fade. Most of the media attention is on Christine and Lindsey on this tour.....even the fans comments on twitter have mostly focused on those two.

It is interesting to read the comments here where people are saying the band could survive without Stevie....I believe whatever magic she had around her for a long time has faded and the cracks are starting to show and this generation of fans are much less forgiving. Yes, she is a legend, but the glitter does fade and it seems to be fading.

In my opinion Dave Stewart brought the darkness and decline to her career because he over exposed her....there was something enchanting and mystical about her being secluded and untouchable...

Possibly because there has been an equal amount of press for Stevie's albumn, Gallery showing, and appearance on the voice as there has been for FM in general. Particularly after the initial announcement and first few shows.

Last edited by Ensorcled; 10-14-2014 at 11:59 AM..
Old 10-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Ledgie

It's comforting to note that Stevie did ultimately participate in the EP, and she'll likely contribute to a new album once it's close to completion.

They'll pick a few of her songs (likely both old and new), work out the arrangements, then invite her in to sing them.

That's how it's worked since Mirage. She spent only a couple of weeks with them working on Tango in the Night.

Maybe they'll add her backing vocals to a song or two.

Of course, I'd love it if she were more involved. But spending too much time around Lindsey the Studio Boss may be too much for her, and they don't need her there as a musician.

One of the things I really liked about Say You Will is how they added her voice to Lindsey's songs (something that hadn't happened since Rumours, to my recollection). Otherwise, it would have sounded like Tusk (with a disconnected Lindsey solo album built in).

Stevie loves to sing harmony, but she's been criminally underused in that capacity since joining the Mac in 1975 (Rumours outtakes like Oh Daddy, YMLF, and NGBA indicate how much more she could have contributed).

At this point, she's probably thinking, "Why bother getting involved too early? Lindsey's just going to dominate the album anyway."
Old 10-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
So when Mick makes an offhand remark about "we had to persuade Stevie to join in" I'm sure that discussion was settled well prior to the current tour.
Nope. Not even close.
thanks for clarifying.

once again corroborates that report from m&g, whether peeps want to believe it or not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the 10/7 MSG meet and greet, Mick said that Stevie still needed to be "coerced" into adding her songs to the album.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just throwing this out there: could it be that Stevie is playing her cards close because, as we all know, once she signs on for a new album, Mick won't shut about it in the press? Look at how well he did keeping quiet about Christine's return.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry to be blunt guys . Who wants to bother going into the studio and put up with the bull crap bickering and fighting every time they record.this reminds me going to my old job and fighting with the idiot co-workers.Thank goodness I dont have to put up with it no more.
I look at it this way .If it was not for the driving force of Stevie.We probably wont be seeing FM on tour and getting Chris involve again.

On the other note I do hope she makes her way to record with the Mac again in my lifetime.

Thank goodness for Dave's magic on the instant fast paced in the studio to get Stevie's 24K on in months instead of FM's slow-motion way of recording.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNicksed View Post
At the 10/7 MSG meet and greet, Mick said that Stevie still needed to be "coerced" into adding her songs to the album.
thank you for sharing this info with us.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It screams management gag order.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Just throwing this out there: could it be that Stevie is playing her cards close because, as we all know, once she signs on for a new album, Mick won't shut about it in the press? Look at how well he did keeping quiet about Christine's return.
Or "24 Karat Gold" remember how Mick spilled the beans at the Boyd book signing...
Old 10-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Her glitter is starting to fade....most of the media attention is on Chris and LB...Dave Stewart brought darkness and decline??????
Laughing Hysterically :
Stevie has never had so many things going on and has never been more visible and relevant than she is now...at her age we are talking about a possible Top Ten Debut of her solo album, that is Amazing...
Don't worry about Stevie's glitter...it's still shining brightly!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
It screams management gag order.
Truth. All talk of a FM album is being kept under wraps until Stevie's promotion of her solo album concludes. Logic & reason, for the win!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Sorry to be blunt guys . Who wants to bother going into the studio and put up with the bull crap bickering and fighting every time they record.this reminds me going to my old job and fighting with the idiot co-workers.Thank goodness I dont have to put up with it no more.
I look at it this way .If it was not for the driving force of Stevie.We probably wont be seeing FM on tour and getting Chris involve again.

On the other note I do hope she makes her way to record with the Mac again in my lifetime.

Thank goodness for Dave's magic on the instant fast paced in the studio to get Stevie's 24K on in months instead of FM's slow-motion way of recording.
How is Stevie a driving force in FM? Lindsey, Mick and John have always been game and they've always had to depend whether Stevie was up for it or not. As for as productivity goes she holds them back, no question.

Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John laid down 7 or 8 tracks...or however many they said it was.....in only 2 months of work. That's mostly Christine's new songs. Lindsey has already recording the bulk of his material from before.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Guided by Voices recorded their first post-reunion album, management gave us a gag order because Robert Pollard's other band at the time, Boston Spaceships, just released an album that they were working. I suspect that's what's at play here.
I do think there's a gag order of sorts. I think that's why Lindsey doesn't mention plans for a new album on stage. Whereas last tour he talked about the EP and his hopes that the other songs they had recorded would find an outlet.

This time, even though he and Chris have recorded songs, he doesn't mention them and I think there's a reason.

However, I don't think Stevie has committed to an album yet. So, I don't think they know there will be one and just aren't talking about it. I think Mick hopes he'll be able to convince her to do one.

Michele
Old 10-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy333 View Post
Her glitter is starting to fade....most of the media attention is on Chris and LB...Dave Stewart brought darkness and decline??????
Laughing Hysterically :
Stevie has never had so many things going on and has never been more visible and relevant than she is now...at her age we are talking about a possible Top Ten Debut of her solo album, that is Amazing...
Don't worry about Stevie's glitter...it's still shining brightly!
I concur! Of course Christine is getting a lot of attention, as she should. That doesn't deduct anything from Stevie. Dave Stewart has been a great inspiration and supporter of Stevie. Where is this darkness and decline?
Just like you said, the glitter is intact.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
??? Darkness and decline? Stevie just released one of her best solo albums in 30 years. It was Dave Stewart who gave her the confidence and ability to reach out to a whole new generation of fans. Far from being overexposed, she's finally making an effort (albeit halting at times), to embrace social media and really market herself in a smart and focused way. Dave breathed new life into Stevie, and I'm loving every minute of it.
Exactly. Anyone doubting that can read the reviews for 24k and you'll see she's definitely not in decline. If anything, it's the opposite.

As far as her recording with Fleetwood Mac goes, I hope she doesn't. That way maybe she could do a 24k tour and pound out another solo album before she's 70. I don't think Fleetwood Mac needs her to be successful at all, especially since Christine's back. Fleetwood Mac has been through variations of itself many times and survived. Maybe there can be a new version without Stevie. I'm all for it.

Jamie