Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Your Thoughts Fleetwood Mac EP?

It's sad that the four song EP is almost certainly the last Fleetwood Mac studio material with Lindsey and quite likely the last new material from the band period. For me, Lindsey's contributions on the EP are better than his Say You Will material. Sad Angel is an all-time great Fleetwood Mac song and one of my favorite songs ever.

I'm also a huge fan of Miss Fantasy although I can see why it might not fit everyone's taste. I also love It Takes Time. It's unlike anything Lindsey has ever done in or out of Fleetwood Mac. Without You is straight garbage and it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's a Stevie song. The song is so lifeless and dull and uninspiring. Lindsey deserves some blame for not getting more out of it but at the same time Stevie has a history with songs like this. Without You is right there with Second Time. They're two of the dirt worst songs in the history of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wrong.

The last FM album was Buckingham McVie. Which(imo) is the best thing they've done since Mirage.

And best of all, that bitter old hag wasn't on it. It's a happy, joyous album!
Old 05-11-2019, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I agree Buckingham/McVie was the last Mac album

Disagree and thought the EP was crap

Disagree and think Say You Will is brilliant. Its so Lindsey. I don't understand how if you are a Lindsey fan you don't appreciate Say You Will.

But if you wanted real....Mirage is really the last Mac album that included the Rumours 5 working together on real songs. In many ways after Mirage, Fleetwood Mac jumped the shark once the solo careers went full tilt and someone's drug use over took their talents. Once the Mirage tour ended, it was like putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-11-2019 at 04:17 AM..
Old 05-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Sad Angel

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Extended Play-and I love that it was put out w that title, I do think it was an intentional spin on the 'EP' format terminology.. very tongue in cheek, very Lindsey.. Fleetwood Mac at play, nothing to prove, just creating in their late career.

Could Stevie have actually contributed more than a 40+ year old song and made it much better? Absolutely. But Sad Angel is classic Fleetwood Mac, I love Miss Fantasy in all its mellow, breezy glory & we finally got a Lindsey piano ballad w It Takes Time
Old 05-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's good but no, not as good as Say You Will. Nothing remotely close to the order of Steal Your Heart Away, Murrow, Everybody Finds out, Destiny Rules.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't understand how if you are a Lindsey fan you don't appreciate Say You Will.
I think it’s possible to be a Lindsey fan and not appreciate all kinds of stuff, even Tusk. I happen to like Say You Will, but he’s done lots of things that I don’t “get” or I once got, but then got way over it. Luckily, he has given us a lot of variety to pick and choose from.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think it’s possible to be a Lindsey fan and not appreciate all kinds of stuff, even Tusk. I happen to like Say You Will, but he’s done lots of things that I don’t “get” or I once got, but then got way over it. Luckily, he has given us a lot of variety to pick and choose from.
True dat
Just saying Say You Will is vintage Lindsey. He worked so hard on the album and each track really shows his musical and production talents. I was over-reacting to the majority on this forum who appear to not appreciate Say You Will.
I hear him on every note and production value. While some may say Tusk is under produced, Say You Will is produced perfectly IMHO. IMHO, some don't get the musical genius of Lindsey. There are several tracks on Say You Will that are Lindsey at his finest.
Perhaps because I listened to Say You Will a million times with headphones, I hear things some may not. Gosh remember before I-pods, there was the carrying case for a portable CD player? LMAO well, I jogged many miles down Miami Beach listening to Say You Will probably a million times with my CD player carrying case LOL.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-11-2019 at 06:45 PM..
Old 05-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
True dat
Just saying Say You Will is vintage Lindsey. He worked so hard on the album and each track really shows his musical and production talents. I was over-reacting to the majority on this forum who appear to not appreciate Say You Will.
I hear him on every note and production value. While some may say Tusk is under produced, Say You Will is produced perfectly IMHO. IMHO, some don't get the musical genius of Lindsey. There are several tracks on Say You Will that are Lindsey at his finest.
Perhaps because I listened to Say You Will a million times with headphones, I hear things some may not. Gosh remember before I-pods, there was the carrying case for a portable CD player? LMAO well, I jogged many miles down Miami Beach listening to Say You Will probably a million times with my CD player carrying case LOL.

I agree.....Say You Will is another Buckingham masterpiece and followed by another masterpiece the BuckMcVie album. It just sucks that the three songwriters never seem to be on the same page.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
It's sad that the four song EP is almost certainly the last Fleetwood Mac studio material with Lindsey and quite likely the last new material from the band period. For me, Lindsey's contributions on the EP are better than his Say You Will material. Sad Angel is an all-time great Fleetwood Mac song and one of my favorite songs ever.

I'm also a huge fan of Miss Fantasy although I can see why it might not fit everyone's taste. I also love It Takes Time. It's unlike anything Lindsey has ever done in or out of Fleetwood Mac. Without You is straight garbage and it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's a Stevie song. The song is so lifeless and dull and uninspiring. Lindsey deserves some blame for not getting more out of it but at the same time Stevie has a history with songs like this. Without You is right there with Second Time. They're two of the dirt worst songs in the history of Fleetwood Mac.
I also really like Miss Fantasy. Without You and Sad Angel I enjoy, but don't feel are quite as good. I always skip It Takes Time. It feels really self indulgent and just drags (to me).
Old 05-11-2019, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LMAO well, I jogged many miles down Miami Beach listening to Say You Will probably a million times with my CD player carrying case LOL.
How you were able to jog without the CD skipping is beyond me.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I also really like Miss Fantasy. Without You and Sad Angel I enjoy, but don't feel are quite as good. I always skip It Takes Time.
I used to play Miss Fantasy a lot when the EP came out. I can't even remember how It Takes Time sounds so I must have disliked it and discarded its existence.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's refreshing to hear you say this cause I always thought you were a fan of everything he did, except the whispering vocals, of course.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
How you were able to jog without the CD skipping is beyond me.
Yep, I ran most of the time with the CD player in my hand. It just seems so funny to think of today. If you remember when the portable CD player came out, the more expensive ones claimed no shaking, etc. A cheap one you could never run with. Part of it was I felt so dorky with this giant thing attached to my waist so I just held it in my hands most of the time and it did not skip.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I agree.....Say You Will is another Buckingham masterpiece and followed by another masterpiece the BuckMcVie album. It just sucks that the three songwriters never seem to be on the same page.
Exactly and to think the following year Christine's "In the meantime" dropped.
Can you imagine merging both these albums with taking the best from each? The lyrical writing from the song writers on both albums was perfection.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-12-2019 at 04:59 AM..