The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #196  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:12 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Is it not odd that they know she's still going to have the flu 3 weeks from now?When does Europe kick off? Are they sparing her for that? Just seems odd--
it is odd. flu normally doesn't last for a month. so if she's sick it's probably something worse. hope whatever it is that she recuperates and will be fine.

but why this band's first instinct is to so obviously lie about everything is just weird.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it is odd. flu doesn't last for a month. so if she's sick it's probably something worse. hope whatever it is that she recuperates and will be fine.

but why this band's first instinct is to so obviously lie about everything is just weird.


Totally agree--I don't wish anyone any ill health/harm. But yes, why the lies, but we've been asking this question for almost a year.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it is odd. flu doesn't last for a month. so if she's sick it's probably something worse. hope whatever it is that she recuperates and will be fine.

but why this band's first instinct is to so obviously lie about everything is just weird.
Didnít her mom go into the hospital for the flu and then die? She is 71 years old. It takes longer to recuperate. Plus, she has to travel and will have to come in contact with a lot of people.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:21 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Didnít her mom go into the hospital for the flu and then die? She is 71 years old. It takes longer to recuperate. Plus, she has to travel and will have to come in contact with a lot of people.
her mom had pneumonia.

but you might be right, flu definitely does take longer and is worse for older people, that's why they are so strongly recommending old people and very young get vaccinated. plus these particular old people have led - shall we say it nicely - very non-health conscious lives.

sounds like it's time to hang it up.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:27 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She's so brave. She knew she was under the weather, but she struggled for as long as she could for her band. Once the RRHOF ceremony was over, she just collapsed under the strain. She's carried them all for so long.
I can dream of being able to carry her, someday(hopefully soon). Just me, and 5 other people.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:48 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I can dream of being able to carry her, someday(hopefully soon). Just me, and 5 other people.
Maybe we can get a choir of munchkins to sing at the service
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:50 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Maybe we can get a choir of munchkins to sing at the service
Squeeeee! Dreams can come true!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 04-08-2019, 09:28 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but why this band's first instinct is to so obviously lie about everything is just weird.
Just a guess, but something like that might involve insurance.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 04-08-2019, 09:37 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 801
Default

I can't believe nobody posted the news. How can all of you be this far behind the 8-ball. I've got the dirt. Buckle up for this one:

Christine smirked. At the RRHOF ceremony. Let's just say it got very Delores Clairborne, very quickly. Word on the street is they are trying to put it all back together, however Christine has been trying to reach out to the band for the past 4 days to no avail.

Mick and John were spotted at a cheese steak truck in Philly discussing their options of replacing Christine with Sheryl Crow AGAIN.
__________________

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-08-2019 at 09:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:25 PM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Maybe we can get a choir of munchkins to sing at the service
Or a gaggle of goats...............
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:26 PM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I can't believe nobody posted the news. How can all of you be this far behind the 8-ball. I've got the dirt. Buckle up for this one:

Christine smirked. At the RRHOF ceremony. Let's just say it got very Delores Clairborne, very quickly. Word on the street is they are trying to put it all back together, however Christine has been trying to reach out to the band for the past 4 days to no avail.

Mick and John were spotted at a cheese steak truck in Philly discussing their options of replacing Christine with Sheryl Crow AGAIN.
OMG!!!! This was too funny!!!
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:28 PM
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,763
Default

[QUOTE=bombaysaffires;1251863]I think it should be, but I will believe it when I see it. You can never underestimate the greed.

Mi$k will be touring when he's 98...he'll be propped up in a wheelchair behind the drums and then wheeled out after the show to sell t shirts. I'm not even joking.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 04-09-2019, 08:12 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
OMG!!!! This was too funny!!!
Allegedly discussions at the cheesesteak truck revolved around re-working the set to include all sorts of material from deep in their catalog that they've never been able to do before with Christine in the band. This will be the most unique set they've ever done according to inside sources.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 04-09-2019, 08:56 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Allegedly discussions at the cheesesteak truck revolved around re-working the set to include all sorts of material from deep in their catalog that they've never been able to do before with Christine in the band. This will be the most unique set they've ever done according to inside sources.
Stand Back finally makes its triumphant return....many twirls, the shawl, and modified leg kick included.

And that crackhead dance is going to last an hour.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 04-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Stand Back finally makes its triumphant return....many twirls, the shawl, and modified leg kick included.

And that crackhead dance is going to last an hour.
The crackhead dance is actually going to be a duet now....combo with the blasted drum solo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved