The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-09-2019, 04:32 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
more specifically, when asked whether he can ever see Lindsey back in FM, Mick says - "no. we're done."



yes, we are done, Mick.
I sure hope they're done. F*ck Dick Fleetwood.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-09-2019, 10:26 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I sure hope they're done. F*ck Dick Fleetwood.
I want Lindsey to never have anything to do with any of them again. No Fleetwood Mac tours. No reunions of any type. No BuckVie 2.0. What I really would love to see is a Lindsey interview at some point that is just no holds barred about all of this. No nonsense answers that ramble on about the cycles. Just a complete overview of everything Fleetwood Mac from 2000-2018. This crap has been brewing for years and id love to know his true feelings and opinions on all of it.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:28 AM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I want Lindsey to never have anything to do with any of them again. No Fleetwood Mac tours. No reunions of any type. No BuckVie 2.0. What I really would love to see is a Lindsey interview at some point that is just no holds barred about all of this. No nonsense answers that ramble on about the cycles. Just a complete overview of everything Fleetwood Mac from 2000-2018. This crap has been brewing for years and id love to know his true feelings and opinions on all of it.
Exactly, and maybe Kristen could join him. Iím sure she would add in some interesting commentary as well.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-10-2019, 11:16 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Exactly, and maybe Kristen could join him. Iím sure she would add in some interesting commentary as well.
lol...that might be a lot more enlightening than Lindsey. From what I've seen of KB on social media, I don't think she would beat around any bushes.

I'd love to understand how their kids went from calling Stevie their "Aunt" to her firing their father. I feel like that (completely stupid) Bob Dylan incident started something that miserable Stevie could never get past.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-10-2019, 02:09 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 801
Default

This is what Stevie couldn't get over:

A relatively widely publicized Fleetwood Mac project was started regardless of her commitment written on the bottom line.

Her bluff was called and the project was still released. It was a Fleetwood Mac album minus Stevie Nicks and all of the positive press called this out.

Despite Lindsey and Christines effort to twist the plot and NOT throw her under the bus by saying it "evolved into a duets album"

For the better part of 2 years Fleetwood Mac essentially carried out a project despite her absence and it was well received. It also proved for the first time since 1997 that Stevie Nicks didn't have the upper hand in Fleetwood Mac anymore.

...and she sure did see to changing that.

In my mind, the day they announced that album was being released was essentially waging war in the eyes of the Nicks camp. It wasn't a matter of what her reaction would be, it was when and how. As much as I loved the album and tour, I would cringe every time I thought of how it was settling with Nicks. We all knew this wasn't going to be good, but I don't think anyone expected that nut to go nuclear.
__________________

Last edited by BigAl84; 07-10-2019 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-10-2019, 03:36 PM
jeets2000 jeets2000 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Beaver Pa USA
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
In my mind, the day they announced that album was being released was essentially waging war in the eyes of the Nicks camp. It wasn't a matter of what her reaction would be, it was when and how. As much as I loved the album and tour, I would cringe every time I thought of how it was settling with Nicks. We all knew this wasn't going to be good, but I don't think anyone expected that nut to go nuclear.
Gosh, you are so right about this... I remember exactly where I was when I heard about the album, initially reported to be called "Buckingham McVie," and my reaction. I did like a full-body cringe. That name was such an obvious reference to "Buckingham Nicks," and Lord knows that would not sit well with Stevie. So on the one hand, I was thrilled to be getting new music from these guys. But on the other, I thought the same thing -- this is not going to drive her nuts (regardless, obviously, of her many public statements saying "why would anyone record new music anymore?"). I was nervously excited.

That of course was replaced with full-blown excited when the album came out and when I got to see them in Raleigh and DC. The Classic shows and Person of the Year performance all seemed relatively standard... I don't think Stevie gave two ****s about what Lindsey said in the press about the Classics, but it may have been used after the fact. Honestly, I remember at the time being more concerned about how mad he was that GYOW got all messed up at Classic East and thinking maybe he'd decide he was done with FM in lieu of the smaller stuff.

Looking at all of this in hindsight, I guess maybe I should have been prepared for what came next, but I definitely was not. Sadly I had more faith in Stevie (and the others) than I should have. She couldn't get past it and pulled the pin from the grenade.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:19 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
lol...that might be a lot more enlightening than Lindsey. From what I've seen of KB on social media, I don't think she would beat around any bushes.

I'd love to understand how their kids went from calling Stevie their "Aunt" to her firing their father. I feel like that (completely stupid) Bob Dylan incident started something that miserable Stevie could never get past.
I seriously doubt ďAuntie StevieĒ ever existed. I donít see her interacting with his kids at all, no matter how many shippers stories from the SYW tour are floating around. I donít see her being nice around kids, especially Lindseyís kids with another woman.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-11-2019, 02:16 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
This is what Stevie couldn't get over:

A relatively widely publicized Fleetwood Mac project was started regardless of her commitment written on the bottom line.

Her bluff was called and the project was still released. It was a Fleetwood Mac album minus Stevie Nicks and all of the positive press called this out.

Despite Lindsey and Christines effort to twist the plot and NOT throw her under the bus by saying it "evolved into a duets album"

For the better part of 2 years Fleetwood Mac essentially carried out a project despite her absence and it was well received. It also proved for the first time since 1997 that Stevie Nicks didn't have the upper hand in Fleetwood Mac anymore.

...and she sure did see to changing that.

In my mind, the day they announced that album was being released was essentially waging war in the eyes of the Nicks camp. It wasn't a matter of what her reaction would be, it was when and how. As much as I loved the album and tour, I would cringe every time I thought of how it was settling with Nicks. We all knew this wasn't going to be good, but I don't think anyone expected that nut to go nuclear.
FINALLY ABLE TO GET ON THE LEDGE!

All this is so true. That shriveled old shrew was so jealous that they'd put out something(and something REALLY GOOD) without her bitter old ass on it, just drove her over the edge. She would show him, and she did. Old bitch showed him, and ruined their legacy, and pumped her own inflated ego up, bigger than her ass. She's the worst thing that ever happened to FM. I hope karma gets her in a BIG way.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:21 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I seriously doubt “Auntie Stevie” ever existed. I don’t see her interacting with his kids at all, no matter how many shippers stories from the SYW tour are floating around. I don’t see her being nice around kids, especially Lindsey’s kids with another woman.
The shipper stories had him married w Aunt Stevie loving the kids

AND them still secretly in love. Especially because, he recorded at her house.

AND....... wait for it... that nasty Christine coming back and breaking them up for good!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:14 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The shipper stories had him married w Aunt Stevie loving the kids

AND them still secretly in love. Especially because, he recorded at her house.

AND....... wait for it... that nasty Christine coming back and breaking them up for good!!
Total insanity. The return of Christine the end of the Buckingham-Nicks romanceó vom. Endless vomitage.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-11-2019, 12:16 PM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 801
Default

I also kind of think this scenario of getting Lindsey out of the band had been in the back of her mind since the 2010/2011 Sheryl Crow fiasco and Micks pathetic playboy magazine interview. Lindsey put the kabosh on that idea and I don't think Stevie was too thrilled about that. Somehow they got it together long enough for the 2013 tour - but again, that (Sheryl Crow idea) was yet another decision that was vetoed (most likely) by Lindsey and if Lindsey walked, guess what? No Fleetwood Mac tour. Stevie's hands were tied at that time.

With Christine back in the picture and Mike Campbell a free agent again? No brainer, right?

What's really sad though is knowing what we know now:

1. They were ready to replace John when he got cancer, mid-tour! - can't lose out on that cash!
2. They were ready to replace Christine with Sheryl Crow

There really is no sense of loyalty amongst any of them except for the love that Lindsey clearly had/has for them and is clearly evident in the legal documents for the lawsuit last year.
__________________

Last edited by BigAl84; 07-11-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-11-2019, 01:36 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I also kind of think this scenario of getting Lindsey out of the band had been in the back of her mind since the 2010/2011 Sheryl Crow fiasco and Micks pathetic playboy magazine interview. Lindsey put the kabosh on that idea and I don't think Stevie was too thrilled about that. Somehow they got it together long enough for the 2013 tour - but again, that (Sheryl Crow idea) was yet another decision that was vetoed (most likely) by Lindsey and if Lindsey walked, guess what? No Fleetwood Mac tour. Stevie's hands were tied at that time.

With Christine back in the picture and Mike Campbell a free agent again? No brainer, right?

What's really sad though is knowing what we know now:

1. They were ready to replace John when he got cancer, mid-tour! - can't lose out on that cash!
2. They were ready to replace Christine with Sheryl Crow

There really is no sense of loyalty amongst any of them except for the love that Lindsey clearly had/has for them and is clearly evident in the legal documents for the lawsuit last year.
I agree looking back. As hard as Lindsey was on Christine for leaving, he wanted to still protect her legacy. He wanted to function as a four piece and keep what was left in tact. Lindsey really cared about FMac after The Dance. I think his exit made him appreciate it more. SYW allowed him to create.

He wanted to keep creating and $tevie didn't.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-11-2019, 02:32 PM
singertobe singertobe is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 603
Default

This is what I don't get. Reading his autobiography, we learn that Mick has always liked to help give ex-members a hand in their careers. He tried to help Green, Spencer, Welch, etc. What changed?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-11-2019, 05:15 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
This is what I don't get. Reading his autobiography, we learn that Mick has always liked to help give ex-members a hand in their careers. He tried to help Green, Spencer, Welch, etc. What changed?
in his biography, Mick gets to present a picture of himself that he wants to - it may not necessarily be true.

in fact, after last year i tend to doubt any info we ever got from Mick. if he's lying this hard when sober in his 70s, how much untruths did he tell when he was high and out of it?
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:56 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The shipper stories had him married w Aunt Stevie loving the kids

AND them still secretly in love. Especially because, he recorded at her house.

AND....... wait for it... that nasty Christine coming back and breaking them up for good!!
Wow! Really? I didn't know about that last part!
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Navajo Master Silversmith-ELLA PETER-Green Tyrone Turquoise-925 Cluster Earrings
$750.0
Navajo Master Silversmith-ELLA PETER-Green Tyrone Turquoise-925 Cluster Earrings pictureDisney Auctions Elisabete Gomes Tinker Bell Green Square Pin LE 100 Peter Pan
$674.99
Disney Auctions Elisabete Gomes Tinker Bell Green Square Pin LE 100 Peter Pan pictureLLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH
$589.98
LLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH pictureSwarovski Crystal decor Peter pan star RARE 1077772 disney retired green rock
$425.75
Swarovski Crystal decor Peter pan star RARE 1077772 disney retired green rock  picture2017 Topps Star Wars: Stellar Signatures Green 16/20 Peter Mayhew as Auto 2r5
$399.95
2017 Topps Star Wars: Stellar Signatures Green 16/20 Peter Mayhew as Auto 2r5 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved