The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got back from an awesome three hour hike. My lower body has never ached this much before but I feel great, hot bath and beans on toast for me!

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 05-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I love Florida too.I don't like the cold winters up here in CT.Last winter was not that bad.I got a aunt and a cousin in Winterhaven.Plus an Uncle and friends scattered all over Florida.
I think some people love it here the most during winter elsewhere, the humid summers, probably not so much but once you live here you get used to them. And being here year round you do notice subtle changes during the seasons. As I was driving home to Ohio a few weeks ago I noticed fields of purple flowers up in northern Florida that looked so pretty off the interstate. I think you see a bit more difference in seasons up there than you do in southern FL but you still notice little things down here. Certain wild flowers in bloom different times a year and milder temps during late winter. Stuff like that. Personally I think the best weather to be active outside and it not so hot, is during the winter months down here. Mid to high 70's feels great being outside in January and February. The Gulf can be a little chilly though during those months when the water dips from 90 to 70 but it probably feels fine for anyone coming down here from up north. But the winters here overall can't be beat

Last edited by fringed n fab; 05-20-2012 at 08:27 AM..
Old 05-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I think some people love it here the most during winter elsewhere, the humid summers, probably not so much but once you live here you get used to them. And being here year round you do notice subtle changes during the seasons. As I was driving home to Ohio a few weeks ago I noticed fields of purple flowers up in northern Florida that looked so pretty off the interstate. I think you see a bit more difference in seasons up there than you do in southern FL but you still notice little things down here. Certain wild flowers in bloom different times a year and milder temps during late winter. Stuff like that. Personally I think the best weather to be active outside and it not so hot, is during the winter months down here. Mid to high 70's feels great being outside in January and February. The Gulf can be a little chilly though during those months when the water dips from 90 to 70 but it probably feels fine for anyone coming down here from up north. But the winters here overall can't be beat
I love hearing that.70's in January.Wonder why my uncle heads down to Florida in January.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm watching bits and pieces of the Billboard Music awards on ABC . They did a tribute to Whitney Houston.I don'y know it they mention anything about Donna Summer or Robin Gibb .Probably it was to soon to rewrite the show script.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love hearing that.70's in January.Wonder why my uncle heads down to Florida in January.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wow I hope the top one is Ohio not Florida. Love the bottem one .I do love the winter wonderland around for the holidays the rest of the cold winter .I say no.I feel like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation looking out the window at the girl wearing the little bikini when I look out the window at the snow.LOL.

I have to say the past winter was easy for us up here ,A couple of major snow storms which they were not that bad and the snow storm in late october that made a mess of worst damage then hurricane Irene did last August .I know .I drove home after Stevie's Bethel NY concert in the beginning of hurricane Irene .

Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow I hope the top one is Ohio not Florida. Love the bottem one .I do love the winter wonderland around for the holidays the rest of the cold winter .I say no.I feel like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation looking out the window at the girl wearing the little bikini when I look out the window at the snow.LOL.

I have to say the past winter was easy for us up here ,A couple of major snow storms which they were not that bad and the snow storm in late october that made a mess of worst damage then hurricane Irene did last August .I know .I drove home after Stevie's Bethel NY concert in the beginning of hurricane Irene .
Yeah I think the midwest had a mild winter this year up there. Florida is beautiful and all but the hurricanes here are nothing to mess with I hear. I've been lucky to have been here 3 years now and not had to deal with those but you never know and have to be on your toes from June-November. I think the last one to rip through this area of SW FL was Charley in 2004 which came up through Charlotte Harbor down in Punta Gorda and done major damage. I've seen footage on tv of it and pics and it was no joke! Scary stuff. I think if a major storm was to ever come this way I'd just go up to Georgia or something and stay a few days I don't want to be in any hurricanes down here.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah I think the midwest had a mild winter this year up there.
Here in Indiana, we had the mildest winter anyone can recall. Seriously, we had about 4 DAYS of winter weather. I usually use about 600 gallons of LP gas, for heating, and I only used 400 this year. That's about $500 savings! Best winter ever!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love winter. I'd hate to live somewhere where there is little to no differentiation between the seasons. I don't care for sunny weather, I like the change of seasons better and I really do love the feel of rain upon my face.

iamnotafraid, I bought an air rifle on Friday It's a beauty.

JTIS grape Kool Aid is revolting.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the summer heat.I hate being cold.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just watched Judy Collins on tv.I did not know she is 73.She was talking about computers and Facebook. She want to start uploading her concert videos to her FB page she now learing to do so..Shes really into it. I'm glad to see her learning the digital world. I always enjoy her music.So did my late sister did.

I think Judy should talk to our close friend here to get with the program and get with it with the digital world.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Robins nest cam

Here's a Robin nest cam I found online today.Just click the live button and watch mom sit on her eggs. All but one hatched all ready.she come and goes for food.

http://mattapoisett.org/cam/robin.htm

Old 05-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I wish my Cats were a little nicer. A friend of mine from Uni just called to tell me that a friend had found a newborn Stoat in his garden abandoned. She was hoping that I could take it and hand rear it, rather than getting the animal services involved. I would have loved to take it and look after it, but my Cats would have eaten the poor soul. Hopefully her friend will be able to do it himself with my advice.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love the summer heat.I hate being cold.
Me too!!!! It could be 90 and sunny, 365 days a year, in my world!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I wish my Cats were a little nicer. A friend of mine from Uni just called to tell me that a friend had found a newborn Stoat in his garden abandoned. She was hoping that I could take it and hand rear it, rather than getting the animal services involved. I would have loved to take it and look after it, but my Cats would have eaten the poor soul. Hopefully her friend will be able to do it himself with my advice.
Given some time, that stoat may grow up to eat your cats!