User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That truly is the best part of any job. Nothing worse than spending 8 hours with f*cking douchebags!
That is the truth! I am working one day a week on a team that includes law enforcement, along with DSS. These people are so funny and make the job so much easier.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Very much so. She's the sort of woman who'll think nothing of picking fights with the big, burly male bouncer at a club when she's drunk.
Lord, that was my cousin Amy. She'd go at any man, with fists swinging. Zero fear.

Thank god she got sober, about 15 years ago, because she'd almost certainly be dead now(and she says this, too).

Some people just shouldn't drink. Some should!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Lord, that was my cousin Amy. She'd go at any man, with fists swinging. Zero fear.

Thank god she got sober, about 15 years ago, because she'd almost certainly be dead now(and she says this, too).

Some people just shouldn't drink. Some should!

Oh my Aunt wouldn't dream of going sober. She goes through an entire bottle of red wine by herself every night, despite having two young sons to take care of.

It's why I refuse to drink. I don't turn violent, but I really can't handle the alcohol. I do really stupid things and lose all sense of self preservation. I do find everything funny when I'm drunk, too. The silliest things. I just don't like being that out of control, so I steer clear. I can get high enough on Coffee and energy drinks. I once had three coffees in a row before a drawing studies class at Uni, and spent the entire hour long class walking around in a circle because I had so much energy to burn. I really shouldn't have anything stimulating like that because I'm too susceptible.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my Aunt wouldn't dream of going sober. She goes through an entire bottle of red wine by herself every night, despite having two young sons to take care of.

It's why I refuse to drink. I don't turn violent, but I really can't handle the alcohol. I do really stupid things and lose all sense of self preservation. I do find everything funny when I'm drunk, too. The silliest things. I just don't like being that out of control, so I steer clear. I can get high enough on Coffee and energy drinks. I once had three coffees in a row before a drawing studies class at Uni, and spent the entire hour long class walking around in a circle because I had so much energy to burn. I really shouldn't have anything stimulating like that because I'm too susceptible.
For my cousin, it was actually her realizing that she was a lesbian, and giving up on men, that allowed her to realize why she was so unhappy, and always wanting to be as drunk as possible. And she can actually have a drink or two now, and she's fine with stopping after one or two.

Me, I like to drink. It's no secret. I like a good healthy buzz! Not getting into trouble. Not throwing up. Not making bad decisions. I know when I'm full, and turn down free shots, all the time. And I'm a VERY happy drinker.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today was absolutely terrible, in so many ways :'( :'( :'(

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

On Facebook there is a group named "The Real Stevie Nicks Appreciation Group". On it are five Admins, each of them under the name of a different member of Fleetwood Mac. They seem to have dooped many people into believing they are actual members of the band. I just got banned for logically pointing out that if they truly were the members (Yeah. Likely), they have better things to do than lording themselves up in their own fan groups and saying inane nonsense to naive fans. I can't decide if this is equal parts ridiculous and hilarious, or just plain depressing that people can be so goddang gullible.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On Facebook there is a group named "The Real Stevie Nicks Appreciation Group". On it are five Admins, each of them under the name of a different member of Fleetwood Mac. They seem to have dooped many people into believing they are actual members of the band. I just got banned for logically pointing out that if they truly were the members (Yeah. Likely), they have better things to do than lording themselves up in their own fan groups and saying inane nonsense to naive fans. I can't decide if this is equal parts ridiculous and hilarious, or just plain depressing that people can be so goddang gullible.
LMFAO, I'm off to find that :')

Old 11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
LMFAO, I'm off to find that :')
https://www.facebook.com/groups/199709883427899/

If you're wondering, the "Jackass" they're referring to is me, because I dare tell "Mick Fleetwood" that it was as likely that he was his counterpart as it is likely that Noel and Liam Gallagher would post a fluffy video on YouTube about kittens and loving each other. Oh how my logic has wounded them. They're so naive it's hilarious.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/199709883427899/

If you're wondering, the "Jackass" they're referring to is me, because I dare tell "Mick Fleetwood" that it was as likely that he was his counterpart as it is likely that Noel and Liam Gallagher would post a fluffy video on YouTube about kittens and loving each other. Oh how my logic has wounded them. They're so naive it's hilarious.
LOL, I found it and ended up on Mick Fleetwood's real facebook page, yeah...riiiiight.

Why would John, Chris, Lindsey Mick and Nicole Scherzinger want to play admin on a Stevie group? This is soooo convincing, I might just join

Old 11-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL, I found it and ended up on Mick Fleetwood's real facebook page, yeah...riiiiight.

Why would John, Chris, Lindsey Mick and Nicole Scherzinger want to play admin on a Stevie group? This is soooo convincing, I might just join
Nicole Sherzinger? AHAHAHAHAHAA. I'm laughing so much. Some people have too much time on their hands.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Join and have a laugh. They're talking about me in one of the comment collections, and apparently I'm the mentally ill one because I dare question the almighty "Mick". And they're grovelling to this Twonk. It's obvious that I'm the crazy one.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Join and have a laugh. They're talking about me in one of the comment collections, and apparently I'm the mentally ill one because I dare question the almighty "Mick". And they're grovelling to this Twonk. It's obvious that I'm the crazy one.
LOL, I joined, I imagine I'll be kicked out within my joining hour.

I'll keep ya posted on my adventures in rubbing shoulders with the real fleetwood mac.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
LOL, I joined, I imagine I'll be kicked out within my joining hour.

I'll keep ya posted on my adventures in rubbing shoulders with the real fleetwood mac.
Haha. Well I'll be reading the group wall, just in case I see something interesting haha.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha. Well I'll be reading the group wall, just in case I see something interesting haha.
I'M IN !

Old 11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'M IN !
Well keep me posted, because I've just been officially blocked from the group I never knew freedom of speech was such a crime. But then again, in the same sentence that they called me negative, they called me a Jackass. So I don't know what to believe anymore XD.