The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Tusk is coming out on DVD Audio, LB's next solo album, etc.

Saw this link on Burnish - thanks, Tracy!!

Rocky Mountain News
Old 07-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I the only one who interpreted this interview as him saying that a new FM album will probably never happen?

Someone please tell me I'm wrong!

Quote:
Sunday's show will probably be the last around here for a long time, maybe the last ever.

"Without another album, I think this is as much touring as the band should be doing. We're probably bordering on it right now. . . . it starts to look like you're really just going out for the money, and indeed there are many people around the Fleetwood Mac situation who value that far, far, far and away above anything else," he says. "Once this is done, unless the band would somehow miraculously want to get in the studio sometime in late fall, I don't think it would be a good idea to contemplate touring next summer."

Besides, he says, he has his own album to do.

Last edited by Merf; 07-09-2004 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think what he means is it would be pointless to tour next summer, without a new album to promote - and it's unlikely that they'll go into the studio this fall, and have an album completed in time to release in the spring.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
Am I the only one who interpreted this interview as him saying that a new FM album will probably never happen?

I think some of this was the reporters words:

Sunday's show will probably be the last around here for a long time, maybe the last ever.

Lindsey didn't say that the reporter did. I think Lindsey feels if they don't go back into the studio this fall there's no sense in them touring next year, that doesn't mean he's closed off to them doing another FM project down the road. If they don't go back this fall and Lindsey does get some solo things out there, we're probably looking at a longer wait for a new FM cd and tour.

That's my interpretation of it. Of course there could be things he said to the reporter that didn't make it into the article and that might paint a gloomier picture and account for the reporter using the word ever
Old 07-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And then again, he opens all doors again with the last sentence.

I read something else in here: managers are pushing to extend the tour and not go for a a money-sucking studio-album now. And hey! Surprise: Our man does NOT think that's a good idea and the man uses the media to slip that out.... so I read bandpolitics again....

Old 07-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf

Who knows how recent this interivew even was? It says he was in his home studio. As far as the not touring thing, I suspect that may have been done to pump up the show, as it didn't originally sell all that well here. I wonder if House Of Blues papered this show?
Old 07-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Who knows how recent this interivew even was? It says he was in his home studio.
He was just home on 6/18 for almost a week so it could have been very recent. It seems to mirror an interview from a few weeks ago.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To be honest, at this point, I just want a new Lindsey album. If that means there isn't another Mac album for ten years, so be it.

Old 07-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Ledgie

I'm disappointed to read that Lindsey isn't thinking in terms of Fleetwood Mac for his new material... I thought he had pretty much concluded that there wasn't enough of an audience for his solo work and his songs were best heard in the context of the band.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but Fleetwood Mac are getting old. They can't afford to wait another 5 or 6 years to make another record.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be honest, at this point, I just want a new Lindsey album. If that means there isn't another Mac album for ten years, so be it.
Amen!

-Curtis
Old 07-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If LB and Stevie both put out solo albums and they both tour - that's just double the fun, imo!!
Old 07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As much as I want a new Mac album, it might be nice for both Lindsey and Stevie to stretch their solo wings again, before reconvening with Fleetwood Mac.

I know some disagree, but I still think that both Lindsey and Stevie have certain types of songs that are best-suited for their solo albums (though that line has been blurred even more these days, with the inclusion of "Running Through The Garden," "Murrow," "Illume" and "Come" on 'SYW')... and I'm sure they have a desire to continue with those areas of expression.

Going back and forth between their solo careers and Fleetwood Mac, they can have the best of both worlds.
Let's just hope it doesn't take them forever to come back to The Mac!
Old 07-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More confirmation!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey solo album and tour!!!!!!

HALLE-BERRY-LUJAH!!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default newp..

I take his comments to mean he doesnt see any point in touring next summer without a new album to promote. He seems to be saying, beneath the lines, that there are people, maybe managers or label people, who want them to keep touring and touring. He does not want to do that without having a new album to promote. He does pretty much say that it is not looking like all the band members want to jump right back into another FM album, which bums me out, but we do know they have one more in their contract, so hopefully we will get one in the next few years.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
More confirmation!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey solo album and tour!!!!!!

HALLE-BERRY-LUJAH!!!!

LOL LOL!!!!
My thoughts exactly!!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009