User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Denver Review!

Hey all - ok here's my Denver review! Pattie, we were hoping to try to see you - where did you end up? LOL - that may have been me you saw- black top? I was the first one he signed for last night and he did several signatures - seemed like at least 10 or so. Very generous!

Well let me first say I met a few Ledgies for dinner before the show and it was wonderful to meet some Ledgies after all these years! We had a great time - I met Brenda (whose not home yet but will am sure post her review when she gets there), Mary whose still in town, Lindsay whose been traveling all over to see the band, James and his fiance, and Brenda's friends from Albuquerque (darn, it's soooo early I can't recall their names - soooo sweet though). Forgive me please - but you were all so nice! And hope I didn't forget anyone!

Ok anyway, everyone was great! They all took pix so am sure my mug will show up somewhere!

Anyway, I don't want to bore everyone with same details as other shows but I'll post the main points. I did get a sleeveless Red Rover tshirt - these are great! The last two shirts I got from last tours didn't fit right (not made for "chesty" women I guess - LOL) but this one is awesome!

Anyway, we got to our seats - I had 2nd row center. Right when the crickets started this guy told us to go up front, that Fleetwood Mac wanted us up front. I was like "uh???" Seth (my husband) said "GO!" So I did! Mary and Lindsay already staked a claim in front of LB so I snuck between them. I was right to the foot of his mike - you don't get better than that! Now let me interject and say I had these new sandals on with a wedge and I was standing on wires all night (They had them clumped together and it ran across the area where I stood all thru the seats down the middle) and it was at least 95 degrees. And for the one that asked if your neck hurts from being so close - the answer is a big YES! (not that I cared about any of this but in case anyone was curious!) Anyway, they came on with "The Chain" and we just went nuts - I could not believe how close I was. Lindsey came over to us right away and acknowledged us (he's so good that way!) Stevie supposedly had food poisoining? Don't know if it's true, but this guy next to me with a VIP pass told me -she did look a bit sick. We were just glad we were at Lindsey's feet not her's in case she got sick - LOL! I have to say she did look beautiful though! That woman amazes me at her age. I can only hope to age that well. I think she's an extremely beautiful woman. It was funny cause she almost knocked her mike stand over after "The Chain" and then when she turned around her black "flowing silken streamers" got stuck with her dress and it almost came down again - it was funny. (Guess you had to be there...)

Lindsey was in full form of course and just gorgeous! The only bad thing of being that close is we missed his two guitar solors (wait, three- for GYOW, Come and I'm So Afraid) cause he went stage left or right but believe me I am not complaining! However we were the lucky recipients of "The Chain" solo which is one of my all time faves- right there in my face! He also bent down and played several mini solos for me, Mary and Lindsay! (and am sure some other fans but I can only speak for us!) To have his guitar right there, and see his picking was incredible. Let me just tell you. Now I know why he's my favorite guitar player.

Anyway, I can't recall what point of what song but Lindsey came over and bent down in front of me and Mary and put his hands out on the little black ledge thing and gave us his hands!. He sat there for a few minutes. It was during the end of one of his songs so the crowd was cheering, we are holding his hands and I just am thinking to myself "how do I let go?" LOL! Unbelievable - without sounding like a total pathetic fan, I have to say that was one incredible experience.

The songs were fabulous - "Sara" incredible. Stevie put her hair up, had beautiful chandelier earrings on and a gorgeous red cape. She also wore her famous platform shoes for this and a few others songs. To finally hear that live was such an experience! I missed most of the video behind the stage being so close I didn't see it until the end but I loved how she came over to Lindsey's mike at the end just like the video. It was very very sweet. "Beautiful Child" was also to me just beautiful. That song live is incredible. All of Lindsey's songs were on fire - IMO. I still can't stop singing "Come" - all night in my sleep, even now! The crowd went nuts after "So Afraid" as always. Lindsey is a crazy man with that guitar - slinging it around, throwing it, etc. During "GYOW" he played Mick's drum cymbol with the guitar. What energy he has! Of course I went nuts for that song since it's my fave. I never get enuf of it.

Mick's solo was fun - I ducked a few times to avoid the spit spray. I never can understand what he's saying - does anyone know? The other percussion guy was very good too. The whole band was wonderful.

Mary and I tried to wave to John McVie a few times cause we felt bad for him since it doesn't seem anyone pays attention to him but he never saw us. Guess he's used to it.....we tried though!

Anyway, as I said (if you read my "I got it" post from last night)- my husband got the towel that went right over my head - I saw a hand grab it- realized that hand belonged to "him" and was totally thrilled! At the end Lindsey came over to us, we thanked him and gave him our stuff to sign -I thanked him a few times, he thanked us. Very nice!

It all went by so fast. To think you wait and wait and then it's just over. But let me tell you - this was my third FM show and I couldn't have asked for better. I finally got to experience it the way I always dreamed!

Hope you guys enjoyed the review!
Lauren

Last edited by Lauren; 07-12-2004 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 07-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up Way to go!

Congrats, Lauren!
Old 07-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AWESOME! Great Review!
Old 07-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Lauren...

Thanks for the review and congrats again on the towel and autographs!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Good review, I am so jeal at all your "Lindsey Contact" congratulations!!!!
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Lauren!
I'm so glad for you! That is awesome Way back when...when I first became obsessed with FM and got internet (1998), your Dance review was one of the first things I ever read on the Penguin. I remember you wrote that Lindsey paid alot of attention to you in that concert and I thought that was so cool! I even emailed you and asked you about it. You inspired me with that review! LOL! (I know I'm a dork!) But anyway, I'm really happy that you were able to get up front and get your BN album signed!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks Ali- long time no talk! I didn't know who was still around on the Ledge these days - I don't post much so it's hard for me to tell!

That's so funny you remember my Dance review and my LB contact - and to think it could top that huh? I only waited 7 years!!!! Worth it though! I am so happy I inspired you - LOL!

Thanks for the nice thoughts- I tell ya I am sending good karma to anyone that sees LB and gets to get close - it's definately an experience. I feel like a little teenager today to be honest! I keep thinking "wow, LB held my hand"! I mean it doesn't get better than that! :-)

Lauren
Old 07-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren
Thanks for the nice thoughts- I tell ya I am sending good karma to anyone that sees LB and gets to get close - it's definately an experience. I feel like a little teenager today to be honest! I keep thinking "wow, LB held my hand"! I mean it doesn't get better than that! :-)

Lauren
Well done and thanks for the review Lauren..

It seems that most of the really passionate Lindsey Buckingham fans have been up close with him this tour. I've lost count of the number of Ledgies that have posted they were front of stage/played his guitar/got something signed at some point in the past 14 months. It's nice to see him interact so much with the fans, he seems to be really enjoying this stage of his career...