User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
AND - despite the sleeves, she is not that fat. In fact, she was fatter on the SYW tour
Do you really think she was heavier on the SYW tour? I saw them on this tour and would not have guessed that she was heavier.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't know if it was recorded but Christine looks BEAUTIFUL. It's the first time I see this video complete.
But what the hell MJ was doing there?? I used to like him, but in 1993 he was becoming the freak he is now. And joining him with Fleetwood Mac. humm. no no!
I can see Little Richard and Warren Beatty too. Sure there were more celebrities.

But Michael Jackson singing with Fleetwood Mac?? NOOOOO
They were the last band playing that night, and they had all of the performers and speakers go up on stage. You know Jacko can't stay out of the spotlight if there's one there.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You know Jacko can't stay out of the spotlight if there's one there.
...maybe that's why his face melted.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
AND - despite the sleeves, she is not that fat. In fact, she was fatter on the SYW tour
ummm...yeah, no....i seriously doubt that.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She is large in this video and larger than the Pres. thingee

There was an interview with her around the time of the Glod Dust tour where she talks about losing like 50 pounds after the SYW tour.

I love her, but facts is facts

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Do you really think she was heavier on the SYW tour? I saw them on this tour and would not have guessed that she was heavier.
I think she gains weight as the tour progresses, at least it seemed that way to me.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I'm referring to the instrumental. I think that's largely what was prerecorded. The vocals seem mostly live right there on the stage.

I'm still trying to figure out who is actually playing what on the stage vs. who is "air-guitaring" it. I really think Chris, for example, is not playing what I hear of the piano (or the phat pad, for that matter). In addition, what I hear of the piano in the sound field doesn't sound like a live mix; it sounds like a studio mix. She's only moving her fingers atop a dead board. One proof: You hear a glissando at around 2:30 but Chris isn't shown playing one.

But what are Lindsey & John doing? No cords are visible. That probably means something. But I need you guitarists to look closely
I'm wondering -- Where did that horn player ~ magically ~ come from?
Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
And I'm wondering where you magically came from? Where the heck have you been???
Old 06-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Horn player?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Mark -- I caught the Dancing with the Stars Reunion Special. (Ms Fox looked mahvelous and much better than I do.)
Thanks for missing me. It did my heart good to think someone cares.

David --

Check out 3:39 mark in that video, during the singing of the chorus, a horn magically appears on the right hand side of the screen. It comes back again briefly at 4:00...and then is seen next to Little Richard.

My favorite part is 1:44 when the Bedouin tribe decides to slowly stand up, but the woman on the right begins dancing. (Score one for the sisterhood!)

Last edited by Betsy; 06-12-2008 at 12:12 AM..
Old 06-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[It has nothing to do with whether it was live or Memorex, but I thought I'd put this here anyway]

Reuters News, January 15, 1993 Friday

HEADLINE: Fleetwood Mac gears up for reunion at Clinton inaugural.

BYLINE: By Dean Goodman

BODY:

HOLLYWOOD, California, Jan 14, Reuter - Members of the rock band Fleetwood Mac, survivors of the 1970s "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll" era, said on Thursday they felt honoured to be invited to play the most respectable of gigs -- Bill Clinton's inaugural gala.

Performing together for the first time since 1982, the once-popular Anglo-American band will play their hit song "Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow)", which was adopted as the unofficial theme song of Clinton's presidential campaign.

Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie will team up for a January 19 reunion performance in the nation's capital with the band's co-founders, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, who own the rights to the name Fleetwood Mac.

This lineup was the most successful in the band's turbulent 25-year history, having recorded the multimillion-selling album "Rumours" in 1977, featuring "Don't Stop" and several other Top 10 hits.

But the band was as well-known for its infighting and fractured relationships as for the easy-listening rhythms that won it millions of fans worldwide.

They say they see no irony in playing for a president-elect who admits he tried marijuana but swears he never inhaled.

"I've never beaten around the bush, as it were, with behavioural patterns in the past," Mick Fleetwood said at a news conference attended by both McVies and Buckingham. "I certainly don't hide my wears and tears."

"I don't feel used at all. The event itself is a nice way of saying good luck, get on with it and put some spirit behind it," said Fleetwood, whose recent autobiography chronicles his band's private excesses.

Fleetwood Mac has never been known for political statements, and don't plan to start with their inaugural performance. "I don't think we ever preached," said John McVie.

Only Buckingham said he voted for Clinton. British nationals Fleetwood and Christine McVie, who wrote "Don't Stop" about her then-husband John, supported Clinton but were not eligible to vote. John McVie, who is a naturalised U.S. citizen, declined to say who he voted for.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[It has nothing to do with whether it was live or Memorex, but I thought I'd put this here anyway]

Fleetwood Mac has never been known for political statements, and don't plan to start with their inaugural performance. "I don't think we ever preached," said John McVie.

Only Buckingham said he voted for Clinton. British nationals Fleetwood and Christine McVie, who wrote "Don't Stop" about her then-husband John, supported Clinton but were not eligible to vote. John McVie, who is a naturalised U.S. citizen, declined to say who he voted for.
At first it was reported that FL MAC wanted Clinton to stop using their song, but after he won the election it was "OK" to use it. Don't know whether it's true or not but I read the John was a Republican, so I doubt he would have voted for Clinton. As for Stevie, she said she wouldn't vote for Clinton (second term) while being interviewed by David Letterman.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Check out 3:39 mark in that video, during the singing of the chorus, a horn magically appears on the right hand side of the screen. It comes back again briefly at 4:00...and then is seen next to Little Richard.
Ah, that. That's a guy from one of the acts that performed earlier in the evening. He didn't bring his horn out specifically for "Don't Stop."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
At first it was reported that FL MAC wanted Clinton to stop using their song, but after he won the election it was "OK" to use it. Don't know whether it's true or not but I read the John was a Republican, so I doubt he would have voted for Clinton. As for Stevie, she said she wouldn't vote for Clinton (second term) while being interviewed by David Letterman.
Even during the SYW tour someone said they teased John by putting a Democratic bumper sticker on his luggage, because he was a Republican.

Michele