Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer
You're right, I've been there for about 3 weeks and I met everyone except Mick. It was a long time ago, May 1981, and we (Jackie and I) had to sleep in a bus shelter because there weren't any hotels. Herouville was a very small town, it wasn't even on the map (at least not back then). It had 9 streets, 2 stores and one church (which was always closed...). From what I know Elton John recorded there and so did the Bee Gees. There were 2 buildings: on the left were the living quarters and on the right the studio. In order to get to the studio they had to walk through the front garden. Looking back I think they would've seen us as stalkers because we were there all the time. I think they've spent 6 weeks there, we left after 3 weeks (needed a shower.....). This pic of me and Stevie was taken there.
that is so cool LOL. So you saw them go to and from the studio every day? what did they have to say to you, seeing you sitting there for 3 weeks? anything interesting?

-Lis
Old 02-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
that is so cool LOL. So you saw them go to and from the studio every day? what did they have to say to you, seeing you sitting there for 3 weeks? anything interesting?

-Lis
I remember from back then...(and still own them) ...the dutch fanclubletters from debbie and jackie they sent me... and I was in awe of the crazy holiday they spent over there... and was so jealous that they actually had the nerves AND the total adoration to "stalk" them like they did....and succeeded. I read those fanclubletters over and over again in those years....

in retrospect ... thanks debbie for those heartfelt and honest fanzines during my puberty

gerald

Old 02-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're right, I've been there for about 3 weeks and I met everyone except Mick. It was a long time ago, May 1981, and we (Jackie and I) had to sleep in a bus shelter because there weren't any hotels. Herouville was a very small town, it wasn't even on the map (at least not back then). It had 9 streets, 2 stores and one church (which was always closed...). From what I know Elton John recorded there and so did the Bee Gees. There were 2 buildings: on the left were the living quarters and on the right the studio. In order to get to the studio they had to walk through the front garden. Looking back I think they would've seen us as stalkers because we were there all the time. I think they've spent 6 weeks there, we left after 3 weeks (needed a shower.....). This pic of me and Stevie was taken there.
That's such a cool story!! How did you manage to get access liek that?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

-Lis
Nope, nothing interesting, they just waved, Christine was drunk most of the time lol and Mick didn't like us being there (he shouted once:"We're working"). It was weird seeing Stevie in plain clothes though, that was a first

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 02-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
I remember from back then...(and still own them) ...the dutch fanclubletters from debbie and jackie they sent me... and I was in awe of the crazy holiday they spent over there... and was so jealous that they actually had the nerves AND the total adoration to "stalk" them like they did....and succeeded. I read those fanclubletters over and over again in those years....

in retrospect ... thanks debbie for those heartfelt and honest fanzines during my puberty

gerald
You're welcome, it was our total pleasure. I'm surprised you still have those fanclub things, I don't even have them anymore. It is such a long time ago. I'm glad you enjoyed them though!!!!!!! And in retospect, we were stalkers.... sort of LOL

You got a sweet heart
Old 02-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
That's such a cool story!! How did you manage to get access liek that?
Security wasn't as tight back then as it is now. Mind you, the security guard (Wayne Cody) is sitting in the car.....

You got a sweet heart
Old 02-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Nope, nothing interesting, they just waved, Christine was drunk most of the time lol
LOL typical. How about John, same thing?

aahh, the eighties.

-Lis
Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Security wasn't as tight back then as it is now. Mind you, the security guard (Wayne Cody) is sitting in the car.....
Well, I must say that this is the best story I've heard from here. I can't imagine anyone being able to do that during the making of Rumours or Tusk.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL typical. How about John, same thing?

aahh, the eighties.

-Lis
Surprisingly John was quite sober (for as far as I could see it). He was the one who came to us and told us that the security had their jobs to do and added:"Oh, if you're here for Stevie, she's in Paris for the weekend". He was great.

You got a sweet heart
Old 02-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I must say that this is the best story I've heard from here. I can't imagine anyone being able to do that during the making of Rumours or Tusk.
Well, they were in Europe under the impression that no one knew where they were. But we did some research and found them

You got a sweet heart
Old 02-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, they were in Europe under the impression that no one knew where they were. But we did some research and found them
Not bad at all. Good investigative work!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not bad at all. Good investigative work!
Thanks!!! It wasn't bad for an 18 year old "even if I do say so myself..."

You got a sweet heart
Old 02-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Debbie!!!! Tanja here! Remember me? Weet je nog? Wat leuk om jou hier tegen te komen!! Goeie herinneringen.....

Spreek je Jackie ooit nog? Ik herinner me de weekends bij jullie in Den Haag nog zooooo goed!

Nu woon ik in New Jersey, hertrouwd, met een zoontje van 5 maanden.
Goh, zo leuk om je hier te zien!!

Tan

Old 02-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja
Debbie!!!! Tanja here! Remember me? Weet je nog? Wat leuk om jou hier tegen te komen!! Goeie herinneringen.....

Spreek je Jackie ooit nog? Ik herinner me de weekends bij jullie in Den Haag nog zooooo goed!

Nu woon ik in New Jersey, hertrouwd, met een zoontje van 5 maanden.
Goh, zo leuk om je hier te zien!!

Tan
HOOOOOOI!!!!!!!!!

Natuurlijk weet ik nog wie je bent. Met Katrina heb ik vaak aan je gedacht. Gelukkig is alles okay met je. Hier is m'n email adres: mustang77@comcast.net. Wat gaaf om je hier te zien!!!!! Ik hoop snel een email van je te krijgen, lekker bijkleppen!!!!!!

Sorry guys but Tanja and I go way back, all the way to the early 80's and we lost each other somehow. It's soooooo great to see her again!!!!!!!!!!

You got a sweet heart