Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lis,
This is FANTASTIC!! You are a very talented writer. Your love & respect for Chris & John really come through. There are even some details that I'd never heard before. And, I also love that picture of John & Chris in her fur coat. Thanks also for that picture of Christine's father. I've seen that picture in one of their tourbooks & always wondered if that was her dad. Now I know. Forget about the Stevie/Lindsey stuff. That's old, boring news. I can't wait to read the next 2 parts.

By the way, I have an old U.K. magazine from the late 1960's with an interview with Christine. The article said she was born in the Lake District, then moved to Nottingham then to Birmingham. I don't know anything about England, so I don't know what or where the Lake District is. I don't know if that's of any help to you or not.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:02 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

My friend, i will trade you something for a copy of this article. :-) Please write me privately and I can send you my list.

Glad you enjoyed reading! I still keep going over and over it myself, i get a kick out of it. :-P I haven't done any serious writing in years (used to do tons in college) so it was good to stretch the brain a bit!

-Lis
Old 06-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is fantasic! Can't wait for more!

Pip
Old 06-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Lis,The article said she was born in the Lake District, then moved to Nottingham then to Birmingham. I don't know anything about England, so I don't know what or where the Lake District is. I don't know if that's of any help to you or not.
I believe Christine was born in Greenodd which is in the far North West of England. The nearest half way decent size town would be Barrow-in-Furness so if you have an atlas you might see Barrow on it.

The Lake District is a beautiful area of England which has several ermm lakes, the most well known is probably Lake Windermere. Very popular with tourists, walkers, boating enthusiasts and people who just want to get away from it all for a while. Get's a bit crowded in high summer though.

Here endeth today's geography lesson - I hope you were paying attention because I'm going to ask questions later!

Gail
Old 06-01-2004, 09:36 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>>>I believe Christine was born in Greenodd which is in the far North West of England. The nearest half way decent size town would be Barrow-in-Furness so if you have an atlas you might see Barrow on it.

The Lake District is a beautiful area of England which has several ermm lakes, the most well known is probably Lake Windermere. Very popular with tourists, walkers, boating enthusiasts and people who just want to get away from it all for a while. Get's a bit crowded in high summer though.>>>>

So now I'm thinking she was born in Greenodd and must have moved a few times. I was told by a source that she probably could not have 'sneaked off' to London at age 16 if she was still living in Greenodd, as it would have been way too long a hike. :-) Is the Lake District close to Birmingham or Warley? It seems the names of counties over there keep changing, which makes it very confusing for this already geographically-challenged American.

I appreciate all the info you guys can give me!! I will make some changes in the bio soon based on this.

--Lis
Old 06-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

According to Autoroute Greenodd to Warley is 162.4 miles and Greenodd to Birmingham is 163.3 miles. Warley is a suburb of Birmingham. FYI, the Lake District is a national park in England.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Absolutely brilliant Lis!

Thank you for this wonderful focus on "the other couple" of Fleetwood Mac. How many times have we heard that "TWO couples were breaking up" during the making of Rumours and only to find the spotlight on one of them? This is a truly enlightening read. Thank you for sharing your insights and findings on The McVie's! The Penguin rocks!

Last edited by Tango; 06-01-2004 at 03:47 PM..
Old 06-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin

So now I'm thinking she was born in Greenodd and must have moved a few times. I was told by a source that she probably could not have 'sneaked off' to London at age 16 if she was still living in Greenodd, as it would have been way too long a hike. :-) Is the Lake District close to Birmingham or Warley? It seems the names of counties over there keep changing, which makes it very confusing for this already geographically-challenged American.

--Lis
I think the family must have already moved to Birmingham at the time of the "sneaking off"

Just to make matters more complicated I believe Greenodd used to be in the county of Lancashire but is now I think in Cumbria (we like to make things more complicated just to stop it all being too easy)

I wouldn't really say the Lake District was close to Birmingham but distance is relative. More than 100 miles seems quite a distance to me,

Gail

PS These are mere details, the content itself is what matters and I think it's great. Can't wait for parts 2 & 3

Last edited by Gailh; 06-01-2004 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Forgto to say something
Old 06-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lis, this is AWESOME! Thank you for doing this, it's really great.

I'm eagerly anticipating being able to read Parts 2 & 3.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome job . I love John and Chris... They have to be the cutest couple of all time. It's great to finally see such an indepth look at their relationship. I love that picture of Christine hugging John, cigarette in hand, too. It's priceless. Can't wait to read the rest!

-Kate
Old 06-02-2004, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I almost fell off my chair when the poster asked "what about Stevie and Lindsey?" They were kidding right?
Old 06-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>I almost fell off my chair when the poster asked "what about Stevie and Lindsey?" They were kidding right?<<

I don't know. It gave me a good laugh though. I think that question is probably a lot of people's first response. :-) That's OK, no biggie.

-Lis
Old 06-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"what about Stevie and Lindsey?"
Who are they?
Old 06-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is an interesting read thus far.... Looking forward to the rest. Thanks for doing this.