Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, don't start doing that.
Sorry, no disrepect intended. I thought we were just joking back and forth.

Quote:
Well, we know a lot because we live in a different world now, with all the media scrutiny. Harvey Levin seems to have more power than most publicists these days. I don't think it's easy to cover up the avarice where you put your fist if if you're talking about a singer, rock star, actor. The papparazzi are everywhere. Things seem to get out, no matter how big the star is in this TMZ day and it's not only celebrities, but politicians like John Edwards who they shadow. They have medical files, police reports. TMZ even broke news about Tommy LaSorda and the "hard" news networks now have to get their information from the tabloids.

Michele
Good point. On that note I'll take my leave. Thanks for the exchange.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
I thought we were just joking back and forth.
Right, back and forth is good. It's just the mimicry, I mean.

Michele
Old 08-04-2012, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

All I really get from this thread is, it's ok to make fun of Stevie until the end of days. But touch Lindsey and all hell breaks lose. So yeah, he was maybe physically abusive. We all change, get over it. But what I don't get is the aggressiveness used. A "chiffonhead" defends Stevie and we are dumb and ignorant fans that need a life. But how dare you bring up Lindsey's past, he is a perfect angel.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I'm a Stevie girl first and foremost, and I really don't think this has anything to do with Stevie at all...

I poke fun at both of them, all the time. This isn't the same as joking about Stevie's hand motions or Lindsey's speeches. I can understand why people would get defensive about this topic because it can, as evidenced by this thread, change how someone perceives Lindsey entirely.... however I think it's a very worthy topic of discussion. Maybe it's been brought up time and time again and is getting old, but heck, a lot of everything else we talk about is nothing new, either.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey wasn't/isn't an angel. I have no doubt he "put his fist" many places it shouldn't have gone, however, people DO change, and I really think Lindsey has for the most part. Most of us don't have our most heinous moments captured in the media for all to see. Can you even imagine? I try to cut him a little slack in that regard. We would hope for the same in our own lives. If it comes out that he is still hitting/choking people today, well, I would stop supporting him most definitely. I just think all that is behind him and he has moved on.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
How Lindsey behaves in his private life is truly none of my business. I'm either going to like a song of his or I'm not.
Many of you have referenced as fact that Lindsey has had years of therapy and I ask, how do you know this? I've not read any interviews with him where he talks about this.

Also, I was at his infamous 1992 or 3 Roxy show in Phoenix where he had a major temper tantrum from the stage at some audience members offering up his best 2 middle fingers. At that time I was so angry with him I vowed I would never see another solo show of his but when he toured in 2006 all was forgiven and I couldn't wait to see and hear him sing again.
Yes, absolutely none of our business!

And I want to add some more to all this - Lindsey himself has maintained a dignified silence following all the various published allegations against him over the years. I truly hope he continues to stay silent.

After meeting him lots, like Elle, I am fiercely protective of him - more now than I've ever been!

Love you Lindsey
Old 08-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
^ I'm a Stevie girl first and foremost, and I really don't think this has anything to do with Stevie at all...

I poke fun at both of them, all the time. This isn't the same as joking about Stevie's hand motions or Lindsey's speeches. I can understand why people would get defensive about this topic because it can, as evidenced by this thread, change how someone perceives Lindsey entirely.... however I think it's a very worthy topic of discussion. Maybe it's been brought up time and time again and is getting old, but heck, a lot of everything else we talk about is nothing new, either.
for this whole post.

it may have been brought up time and again, but i appreciate the more comprehensive and thought through opinions that many people have expressed in this thread.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Lindsey himself has maintained a dignified silence following all the various published allegations against him over the years.
good point - he has been really classy about this. (and if some of the allegations are true, i think SN has been very classy about the whole thing too.)
Old 08-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
good point - he has been really classy about this. (and if some of the allegations are true, i think SN has been very classy about the whole thing too.)
He is pure class! We have been lucky enough to find this out for ourselves!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just glad there is another Roxy Music, PIL, X fan on these pages.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey touched on this subject with a pithy lyric line in one of his songs:

"We all have our demons,
and sometimes they escape"

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-04-2012 at 06:11 PM..
Old 08-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
All I really get from this thread is, it's ok to make fun of Stevie until the end of days. But touch Lindsey and all hell breaks lose. So yeah, he was maybe physically abusive. We all change, get over it. But what I don't get is the aggressiveness used. A "chiffonhead" defends Stevie and we are dumb and ignorant fans that need a life. But how dare you bring up Lindsey's past, he is a perfect angel.
^^^What he said.

Honestly I get amusement when I read of any fan of any artist protecting their favorite performer from the scathing words of another. I defended Stevie for many, many years until I developed a good sense of humor and realized I could make fun of her and still love her as well.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Junior Ledgie

Look, I moved on from my feelings re: Lindsey being the sequel to Ike Turner. As long as the guy cleaned up and got his crap straightened out, then we're good.

But if he becomes a fixture on TMZ, then Linds sorry it aint gonna work out for us.

@Truefaith77- Ha, that is awesome. I rarely meet people who like post-punk alternative music who is into the Mac. In fact, I still keep my FM fanship on the DL when I'm around hipsters.

Looks like you are a New Order fan as well. Fantastic. they were my favorite artists of the 80's tied with The Replacements. BTW even though his music on a artistic level is cheesy, I've got mad love for Mr. Phil Freakin' Collins. You just can't beat the awesomeness of Easy Lover or Sussidio.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
^^^What he said.

Honestly I get amusement when I read of any fan of any artist protecting their favorite performer from the scathing words of another. I defended Stevie for many, many years until I developed a good sense of humor and realized I could make fun of her and still love her as well.
Speaking of Stevie....

I'm not naive enough to think Lindsey never lost his cool, went nuts and maybe got physically violent with a girlfriend or a co-worker. But, I'm not sure he was ever what could be classified as physically abusive or a 'woman-beater' because I don't think Stevie would have stayed with him. And, even if she would have, I don't think she would have ever been able to say that her Dad adored Lindsey and that he would always be in her life for that fact alone. I'll never be convinced Jess Nicks would "adore" a man who beat his daughter. I also don't think Stevie would have been comfortable hugging Lindsey or letting him hug her or drape his arm around her neck as he has done in every decade of photos I've seen. She would have kept her distance from him.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to jump on Mick but while he likely wasn't physically abusive, he was mentally abusive to his older children whom both saw their father's drug use up close.

Matt