The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

None! The dates end in 2009 as far as being searchable online. Believe me, I've looked! LOL!! "The Ghosts Are Gone", "The Ghost Is Gone", "Italian Summer", all of them ~ nothing Stevie-related on the U.S. Copyright Office's site!

The alternate, never-realized timelines are something that fascinate me! I think it goes beyond Stevie saying, "Oh, it's February 1997, and I'm submitting a batch of demos of songs I've written in the last two years. Hmm, let me dig out some OLD 1977 & 1978 cassettes of 'Blue Water' and 'Goodbye Baby' and toss them in the bag, too, while I'm at it! No reason!"

I'm joking, but it is something I find FUN to speculate about. No hard science or proof, just fun.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

Question: How many years must elapse before a songwriter has to resubmit and update the registration/copyright?
Works prior to 1978 may require renewal. Also, it depends on publishing. If the songs have been changed, altered or a new version recorded, then yes a copyright renewal is required.

I would question the date of original copyright (or actual date written) on several of Stevie's songs. For example, Without You (early '70's) submitted on the tape with Goodbye Baby....

I would assume Stevie's lawyers are all about making sure her songs do not become public domain.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But those songs have separate "Date Of Creation" years, even if on the same tape. Each song has its own creation date, not lumped together. Date of submission may be the same (Feb. 1997), but it lists "Touched By An Angel" as date of creation in 1996 and "Trouble In Shangri-la" as 1995.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebise View Post
But those songs have separate "Date Of Creation" years, even if on the same tape. Each song has its own creation date, not lumped together. Date of submission may be the same (Feb. 1997), but it lists "Touched By An Angel" as date of creation in 1996 and "Trouble In Shangri-la" as 1995.
Mike, the date of creation according to the copyright standards is the date it was laid down, not necessarily the date written. I would love to believe we have exact time frames but I can't, considering Stevie has journals and journals full of poems, lyrics, etc. That may not be crafted into some kind of an actual song format for years later....
Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebise View Post
This has been posted before, but here are a batch the office dated 02/26/1987 with a 03/31/1986 submission date. I'm wondering if they were a bunch of demos Stevie wanted copyrighted for the sound to try and stop bootleggers?

List of titles:
001 And the days go by.

002 Arabesque.

006 Can never be sold.

008 Can't buy.

013 Dreamer.

014 Dreamers lose, others win.

015 Finders keepers.

016 For John.

017 Found another love.

019 The Glass blower.

021 Grandfather's song.

022 I was too young.

024 King and queen here.

025 Lady.

036 Standing still.

038 Taken my time.

040 Waltzing through stardom.

042 Water witch.

043 When shall we love?
Aargh, the agony! So many promising song titles,of possibly great songs that we're (probably) never going to hear!

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 01-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Aargh, the agony! So many promising song titles,of possibly great songs that we're (probably) never going to hear!
Agreed! I'd love to hear "Water Witch" and "The Glass Blower" just based on the titles alone.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm, all the 1997 songs look like songs she was planning on putting on TISL, but then got interrupted with Enchanted. Now that I know she still remembers City of Hope, I can still have hope she will record it some day!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Hmm, all the 1997 songs look like songs she was planning on putting on TISL, but then got interrupted with Enchanted. Now that I know she still remembers City of Hope, I can still have hope she will record it some day!
I know, right! I was hoping and praying that City of Hope and China Doll would make this album!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I know, right! I was hoping and praying that City of Hope and China Doll would make this album!
CITY OF HOPE, YES!
Old 04-20-2016, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I like that Stevie might have orignially intended to recapture a bit of the old Rock A Little days with Street Angel - Thousand Days, Love Is Like A River, Greta, I Call You Missing, Mirror Mirror as a B-Side - and now the possibility that Running Through The Garden was considered and *maybe* even recorded for inclusion.

That could have been an amazing album indeed, with the right producer and Stevie in the right frame of mind.

i am legit depressed about this right now.
I was always mind!blown at RTTG being on RAL
and i love the SYW version
but aaaaaaaaaaaall the cut @#$) from Street Angel is bloody MARVELLOUS
the Mirror outtake and
and the RAL version of Lady from the Mountain and Thousand Days **pulls hair out**

so there is POTENTIALLY a Street Angel recording of RttG???????????

i need a lie down