User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Why is it that Stevie always sounds so much better when she's not with Fleetwood Mac? That Rhiannon is easily the best I've seen from her for a few years...
X2, love that version of Rhiannon and seems to me like she was truly having fun!! Damn she looks good for a broad who's almost 70
Old 04-28-2016, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can tell she just loves these young kids...
Don't know if FM liked her holding up sound check can't hear what John is saying...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-28-2016 at 04:25 PM..
Old 04-28-2016, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

You can tell she just loves these young kids...
Don't know if FM liked her holding up sound check can't hear what John is saying...
Along with the list of other jobs she had in mind if her singing career did not go anywhere .I think school teacher was on the list.Please correct me it wrong.She was going or gonna go to college for it .

At this point .She's getting her wish being a school teacher on Idol ,Voice shows and this play.Hats off for her .I'm proud of her doing this.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-28-2016, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More pictures here.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Ha ha. Well, I'm glad Lindsey gets first billing over Waddy as her guitar player]

antimusic, 4/28/2016

http://www.antimusic.com/news/16/Apr...ock_Cast.shtml

hennemusic) Stevie Nicks performed the Fleetwood Mac classic, "Rhiannon", with the cast of Broadway's School Of Rock at the Winter Garden Theatre in New York on Tuesday and video from the show is available.
Based on the smash 2003 film of the same name starring Jack Black, Broadway World reports Nicks surprised the audience when she joined the cast after their curtain call for the hit from Fleetwood Mac's self-titled 1975 album.

"To be in the presence of these kids that are so amazing that honestly sometimes I close my eyes and I'm not sure that it's not Fleetwood Mac," Nicks told the crowd. "It's very trippy. They are so good."

After the performance, Nicks admitted that the appearance marked her first time on a Broadway stage. "I think this is my Broadway debut, and I'm thrilled," she said. "It was like being somewhere between eight and 13 again. I can't wait to send a tape of this to Lindsey [Buckingham] and my other guitar player, Waddy [Wachtel], because they're gonna die. They're not gonna believe it. They're so good." Read more and check out the videos here.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[The same writer she was at 14. We just don't get to see proof, I guess]

http://www.postbulletin.com/life/lif...7bd494bf9.html

Home Life Lifestyles, Post Bulletin Apr 28, 2016

Stevie Nicks surprises 'School of Rock' crowd, talks Prince

NEW YORK — Stevie Nicks surprised the audience at Broadway's "School of Rock" with a riveting performance of "Rhiannon" after the cast took its curtain call.

Backed by the show's very young band, Nicks brought the house to its feet. Afterward, she had nothing but praise for the young musicians.

"I have Fleetwood Mac, and then I have my solo band that I've been playing with since 1980, and now I have one more fantastic band to add to my roster, so I'm very happy," Nicks said Tuesday night backstage at the Winter Garden Theater.

Nicks also shared her memories of Prince while recording her 1980s hit, "Stand Back." She said the idea came to her while listening to "Little Red Corvette" while driving, and she was compelled to call him about it.

"I asked him if he would come over to Sunset Sound in Los Angeles. Never in a million years expecting that he would say yes or that he was even in Los Angeles, and he was there in like 20 minutes," Nicks said.

Then she added: "I didn't have to call and tell him that I kind of ripped off his song, but I did because I'm honest. So it turned into a really amazing relationship. Is my heart broken? Absolutely."

But Nicks said it felt "fantastic" playing music with the young stars of "School of Rock." She saw the show on opening night, and came back to see it again.

Performing at the show was something she wanted to do, especially because her appearance would help raise money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids. The organization provides financial support for people with AIDS, HIV and HIV-related diseases.

"It's not work, it's just great fun ... so it's a great, easy way to make money to give to people that really need it," Nicks said.

The audience was filled with kids that seemed to enjoy her performance. But connecting her music with a younger audience has never been a concern for Nicks.

"I don't feel like I'm a songwriter that just writes for old people or just writes for young people," Nicks said.

Instead, she sees herself as the same timeless writer she was at 14.

"I don't think we're stuck in a time machine that they only have to write stuff for people their age, and I only have to write stuff for people my age. Obviously, that's not true because look at what we just did."
Old 05-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Ledgie

For everyone wondering, the performance with the purple background was at the benefit, and the other one that said "School of Rock" was a surprise curtain call performance.
To hear you
Old 05-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Good story about a Tulsa show where Stevie was pulled off her feet by an audience member]

Mcalester News Capital, May 8, 2016

http://www.mcalesternews.com/news/lo...6b61db3ab.html

RAMBLIN' ROUND: Gold Dust Woman By JAMES BEATY MANAGING EDITOR

During a curtain call, Nicks surprised the Broadway audience by coming onstage and performing her signature song “Rhiannon” with the young “School of Rock” band. By all accounts, the audience on the Great White Way loved it, giving her and the young musicians a standing ovation. She remarked how she had Fleetwood Mac, she had her own solo band and now she could add the young musicians in the School or Rock band to her list.

It brought back memories of the time I’d seen Nicks perform “Rhiannon” — during a concert when she ended up cut short in mid-song.

When I saw Nicks perform in Tulsa in the mid-1980s, she was performing with her solo band, which included the great road and session guitarist Waddy Wachtel. While I usually tried to get up close, this time I was stuck in the nosebleed session.

At many concerts these days, there’s a barrier between the stage and the audience, but there was no such barrier in place that night. As Nicks strutted around the stage with her stylish, gypsy-dancing signature moves, some of the fans jumped up from their seats and leaned against the stage, obviously hoping for a handshake or at least a high-five.

Nicks leaned low, slapping the extended hands until one big guy in the audience grabbed her hand — and then wouldn’t let go.

Not only that, he started pulling her toward him, even though she leaned back and tried to break loose. Suddenly, he gave a yank and Nicks tumbled head-first off the stage as the audience emitted a collective gasp. I couldn’t see what happened next as the band kept playing. Did anyone catch her? Had she been severely injured? Why did he do that?

After about a minute, I could see the audience in front of the stage start to slowly move back as if clearing the way for someone. Then suddenly I saw a glimpse of a woman’s blonde head bopping to the music. Those standing up-front parted the way, as she danced to the wings at stage right. She made it to the stage wing, climbed up a short stairway and climbed back onstage — moving a little more stiffly than before, but still moving.

It would have been easy for Nicks to end the concert, but she didn’t. She kept performing. She didn’t even refer to the incident. That night I learned the true meaning of “The show must go on.”

Although Nicks’ great determination to continue the show didn’t occur outdoors during extreme weather conditions, one of the songs she sang that night called forth images of the elements.

Along with “Rhiannon,” Nicks also performed her song “Dreams,” which includes the lyrics “Thunder only happens when it’s raining.”

Still, the lyrics I recall most often when remembering that night are from “Rhiannon,” when Nicks sings the line “Will you ever win?”

That night, by drawing on her inner reserves and continuing the concert despite what must have been a tumultuous experience, Stevie Nicks proved one thing to me, for sure — she’s definitely a winner.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The School of Rock cast is on the 70th Tony's tonight.To bad they did not drag Stevie onto the show.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Too bad that School of Rock got hosed tonight as Hamilton cleaned house.Maybe next year they will get something.

I really enjoyed this performance tonight from the cast of SOR.