User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Got to be fair to Stevie and challenge you there...
Stevie has always been relatively modest regarding her body compared to most female performers. Yeah there was a thread showing some cleavage shots (most of them from late 80's/early 90's when she definitely did assentuate her chest) but she's never put her boobies fully on display. She's rarely worn short skirts.

It would be wrong to paint her as somebody who likes to flaunt her body.

And I thought you always had my back.

Stevie might be modest now as age has a way
of doing that to most people. Now she actually
wears too much clothing. Layers and layers.

Back not too long ago it was a different story
and you know it was. I'm not arguing right and
wrong, just that she was always showing her "stuff".

My problem is that I'm tired of her lame old stories.
That day the Buckingham Nicks photos were taken
must have been the only day in the 70's that she
was a prude. Like I said, the pictures of her bare.
And by bare, well you know what I mean.

Nude - Stevie's got a problem with the one who
made her pose. Wasn't she of age?

Drugs - It was the doctors fault. He made her
take them.

Weight gain - Drugs and doctors. Hey wake up!
That was in the late 80's to mid 90's. There are
diets that work. If she'd stick to one.

Writers block - I guess that's Lindsey too. It's
got nothing to due with frying her brain on drugs
(the ones she took on her own).

on and on and on and on and on and on...
Old 04-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post

We want to compare this with Christine and John McVie? They had a difficult breakup but I don't think I've ever seen anybody say that he did what Lindsey did.
It's a dangerous assumption to think it never happened, though. We don't know what happened between them because they have never really talked about it. That's a far cry from "it never happened". We need to be aware of when we are drawing conclusions from facts or when we are making our own assumptions.

Someone also made the statement that Christine wouldn't have worked with Lindsey if she had seen him really abuse Stevie. She saw him really abuse Carol and still worked with him, so.....

We all make the mistake of thinking that everyday life within FM is like everyday life for us. It isn't... like it isn't for most rock stars. Especially during the white-hot famous years, FM got away with a lot of sh$t. If we take the famous quote by our now president (regardless of how we feel about him) he said, when talking about the people who are his fans, that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave (in NYC) and no one would care. Well, that's what being in the biggest band in the world is. You can behave ABOMINABLY and people don't call you out on it. You're famous, you're rich, you can be rude, obnoxious, demanding, waking helpers up at 2 am to go get you a sandwich, demanding the hotel repaint your room pink, punching your girlfriend, demanding the presidential suite, stealing people's spouses, whatever you want and no one calls you out on any of it. Ever.

What I'm saying is when people live with that going on around them everyday for DECADES, it just gets normalized. Things that would shock us and leave us standing with our mouths hanging open don't even get noticed anymore as unusual by them or people around them. Don't be fooled by how people are in interviews etc. That's a PERFORMANCE just like when onstage. Especially certain people in FM who are very, very clever at marketing themselves as a certain persona. As Chris said in RS about Stevie, she's all about herself, and she's made herself a 'brand'. Lindsey similarly markets himself as the misunderstood genius who does everything selflessly for everyone else and still they dump on him. Image management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Got to be fair to Stevie and challenge you there...
Stevie has always been relatively modest regarding her body compared to most female performers. Yeah there was a thread showing some cleavage shots (most of them from late 80's/early 90's when she definitely did assentuate her chest) but she's never put her boobies fully on display. She's rarely worn short skirts.

It would be wrong to paint her as somebody who likes to flaunt her body.
I don't know where you've been for the last 40 years. She wore very very short skirts a lot in the late 70s/80s. Ever see her onstage with Bob Welch? Her very skimpy leotard tops and then camisole tops from the late 70s and into the 80s left absolutely NOTHING to the imagination. Why do you think Dave Letterman ran that short clip of her from I Can't Wait over and over and over again, leaning forward and shaking her maracas?? Again, there are the yarns people spin when doing interviews, and then, if you watch carefully, there's what they actually do.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-12-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Old 04-13-2018, 04:54 AM
Registered

Lindsey the biggest jerk in rock? Hah. He is not even the biggest jerk in Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 04-13-2018 at 06:47 AM..
Old 04-13-2018, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kristen's IG post about this - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhfs0bhA...en-by=kbchrush

kbchrush

Dear Washington Post,
“Rocks biggest jerk or misunderstood genius?”🤔 Neither. Just a great man with a raw deal. But thanks for asking. #istandwithlindsey #teamlindsey @washingtonpost

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-13-2018, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Kristen's IG post about this - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhfs0bhA...en-by=kbchrush

kbchrush

Dear Washington Post,
“Rocks biggest jerk or misunderstood genius?”🤔 Neither. Just a great man with a raw deal. But thanks for asking. #istandwithlindsey #teamlindsey @washingtonpost
She doesn't think he's a misunderstood genius?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It's a dangerous assumption to think it never happened, though. We don't know what happened between them because they have never really talked about it. That's a far cry from "it never happened". We need to be aware of when we are drawing conclusions from facts or when we are making our own assumptions.
Huh??? That's a reason that justifies equating them with each other? I think I know which side is really making 'dangerous assumptions'.

During Fleetwood Mac, what Stevie wore was the fashion for young women and she was always wearing something. Unlike in that photo where she was obviously naked with her boyfriend.

I might as well drop this board again though as obviously I'm never going to have the same understanding as the general consensus here. It's useless.

(I still regard Lindsey as a great artist/musician. But I won't let that put me into denial about his problems.)
Old 04-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Huh??? That's a reason that justifies equating them with each other? I think I know which side is really making 'dangerous assumptions'.

During Fleetwood Mac, what Stevie wore was the fashion for young women and she was always wearing something. Unlike in that photo where she was obviously naked with her boyfriend.

I might as well drop this board again though as obviously I'm never going to have the same understanding as the general consensus here. It's useless.

(I still regard Lindsey as a great artist/musician. But I won't let that put me into denial about his problems.)

who equated anything? All I said was you can't say what did or did not happen with the McVies because they've never said much about any of it.

who denied Lindsey's problems? I've actually said I believe at some point he got physical with Stevie.

Actually, Stevie didn't wear what was in fashion for everyone else.... she *set* the fashion, as she still does today. Designers copy her all the time.

The real issue was whether she was a prude. She's worn outfits that show off her assets, partied with the best of them, and had scores and scores of lovers. That doesn't suggest she's a prude (just a woman with healthy appetites). That's all anyone said-- her words versus her actions.

If you are indeed looking for a board with no differing opinions, this board will make you crazy.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

kbchrush

Dear Washington Post,
That account is not verified. It could be anyone.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

+1000. There's no sexism and misogyny here. It doesn't exist I tell you! You're making it up! You're imagining it! Lalalalalalalala.....
Old 04-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The real issue was whether she was a prude.
No it's not. It's a non issue. You want to talk about people's sexual forays? Let's talk about Lindsey allegedly cavorting with hookers and randoms on the Say You Will Tour. Don't believe me? Read the archives.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-13-2018 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 04-13-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think we can safely assume that Lindsey is a jerk who is a misunderstood genius. He's grown up some and hopefully treats his family well but it's abundantly clear that most of the time he's a complete d=ck to Stevie. He is thought of as "difficult" by many in the industry. He may have wanted back in on the tour but with rehearsals underway and dates to be announced soon that's impossible. HE DID THIS TO HIMSELF. So over his canonization on this board. Get a grip people.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That account is not verified. It could be anyone.
She's not a celebrity or prominent enough to warrant having a verified account. And it is her real account, she's posted personal pictures of her with Lindsey and their children.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think we can safely assume that Lindsey is a jerk who is a misunderstood genius. He's grown up some and hopefully treats his family well but it's abundantly clear that most of the time he's a complete d=ck to Stevie. He is thought of as "difficult" by many in the industry. He may have wanted back in on the tour but with rehearsals underway and dates to be announced soon that's impossible. HE DID THIS TO HIMSELF. So over his canonization on this board. Get a grip people.
You don't have to think he's a piece of cake to work with to think that the band shouldn't have done this to him. He certainly isn't the only difficult person in Fleetwood Mac.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No it's not. It's a non issue. You want to talk about people's sexual forays? Let's talk about Lindsey cavorting with hookers and randoms on the Say You Will Tour. Don't believe me? Read the archives.
"The archives" lol k sure.
The entire conversation going on here on both sides is out of line.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Someone also made the statement that Christine wouldn't have worked with Lindsey if she had seen him really abuse Stevie. She saw him really abuse Carol and still worked with him, so.....

We all make the mistake of thinking that everyday life within FM is like everyday life for us. It isn't... like it isn't for most rock stars. Especially during the white-hot famous years, FM got away with a lot of sh$t. If we take the famous quote by our now president (regardless of how we feel about him) he said, when talking about the people who are his fans, that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave (in NYC) and no one would care. Well, that's what being in the biggest band in the world is. You can behave ABOMINABLY and people don't call you out on it. You're famous, you're rich, you can be rude, obnoxious, demanding, waking helpers up at 2 am to go get you a sandwich, demanding the hotel repaint your room pink, punching your girlfriend, demanding the presidential suite, stealing people's spouses, whatever you want and no one calls you out on any of it. Ever.

What I'm saying is when people live with that going on around them everyday for DECADES, it just gets normalized. Things that would shock us and leave us standing with our mouths hanging open don't even get noticed anymore as unusual by them or people around them. Don't be fooled by how people are in interviews etc. That's a PERFORMANCE just like when onstage. Especially certain people in FM who are very, very clever at marketing themselves as a certain persona. As Chris said in RS about Stevie, she's all about herself, and she's made herself a 'brand'. Lindsey similarly markets himself as the misunderstood genius who does everything selflessly for everyone else and still they dump on him. Image management.

I don't know where you've been for the last 40 years. She wore very very short skirts a lot in the late 70s/80s. Ever see her onstage with Bob Welch? Her very skimpy leotard tops and then camisole tops from the late 70s and into the 80s left absolutely NOTHING to the imagination. Why do you think Dave Letterman ran that short clip of her from I Can't Wait over and over and over again, leaning forward and shaking her maracas?? Again, there are the yarns people spin when doing interviews, and then, if you watch carefully, there's what they actually do.
I was one of the people who assumed Christine wouldn't have worked with Lindsey if he is as abusive as the article was suggesting. The key word is "is." I'm sure Christine had observed enough crap to make an ordinary person's head spin. The question I have is: is he STILL that way? Not saying one should forget the past or discount it because it happened a long time ago. But has he evolved? I'm assuming he has and that his firing is NOT because he acted in January 2018 the way he acted in 1977--or 1987.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Stevie's behavior suggests trauma. Real trauma. I get the sense--rightly or wrongly--that her current outlook on all-things Lindsey is distorted by the experiences of decades past. The Washington Post article does nothing to help eliminate the distortion. But then, who knows: maybe LB is STILL an abusive jerk. I'm just not entirely buying it.