User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
The floating Lindsey head was the highlight of the show for me. I need the Lindsey head singing along for the whole show.
I guess it, for you, it should be said: Lindsey gives good head.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Not complaining or moaning or anything else.
no, not you. sorry if these comments kinda piled up after your post.

as you said - music is so subjective. my comment and some others were about 1 or 2 peeps in particular spamming all over 4-5 threads, like every other post, calling for dropping of certain songs they don't like and putting in others they like and presenting it as "ALL fans want this".

and yes, yes, i know i am always complaining about no WATL, but i've never ever said that everybody wants that song.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-02-2014, 07:41 PM
HelloMonster
This message has been deleted by HelloMonster.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

as you said - music is so subjective. my comment and some others were about 1 or 2 peeps in particular spamming all over 4-5 threads, like every other post, calling for dropping of certain songs they don't like and putting in others they like and presenting it as "ALL fans want this".

and yes, yes, i know i am always complaining about no WATL, but i've never ever said that everybody wants that song.
Some of it may be aimed at me, although it's only a couple of songs I don't like and have generally been positive and have posted mainly in the Glastonbury/UK Europe threads.

I'm super excited about this tour, and did say that for a first night I thought they did great - but not everyone is going to like every song.

Tango has a special place in my heart so seeing so many songs from that album makes me happy In fact would have loved Isn't It Midnight there too. I get that others prefer other eras so it's natural for them to maybe not be as keen on those songs.

All in all I think it's a decent set list really. I do think we'll see changes though. I have been ill in recent years but am hoping I can make a UK show all being well
Old 10-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Same here! I do disagree a bit on the singing. I feel they all did a good job. And also, I never liked Over My Head but I was surprise how much I like it this time.
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"
Old 10-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Tango has a special place in my heart so seeing so many songs from that album makes me happy In fact would have loved Isn't It Midnight there too. I get that others prefer other eras so it's natural for them to maybe not be as keen on those songs.
Isn't It Midnight is one of my favs. Like Sisters of the Moon, it's a great rocker. And it works perfectly with Christine's voice. I especially liked the added section at the end they would do when it was live, with Stevie leading: "Welllllllllll, isn't it midnight?"
Old 10-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Isn't It Midnight is one of my favs. Like Sisters of the Moon, it's a great rocker. And it works perfectly with Christine's voice. I especially liked the added section at the end they would do when it was live, with Stevie leading: "Welllllllllll, isn't it midnight?"

Yes Christine was on such good form on Tango, love all her songs on that album but this is a little gem

I wonder whether they thought about adding it? Maybe with so many Tango songs they thought it might be overkill!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone that actually thought 2013 (and now 2014) Sisters of the Moon was going to be like the versions from 1978-82 (whether the musical arrangement or Stevie's voice...or Lindsey singing the one verse, or whatever), was and continues to be delusional. There was no way, no how, it was ever going to sound like that Mirage video ever again. Hell, there are other shows from the MIRAGE TOUR that don't sound as raw or as good as the one captured on the video!

I think the current version is a fair representation of the original song and certainly is not the worst thing they could have done. Obviously the band and Stevie are okay with it or it would have been dropped by now. It doesn't rock as hard and the arrangement cuts out some solo work by Lindsey...but just like what Rhiannon has morphed into, this is what we are going to get today.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Everywhere and Little Lies were bigger hits than Isn't It Midnight.

They only have one song on the set from Mirage, and they have done Gypsy a lot on recent tours right? Hold Me would be so awesome. I would love to see one of Lindsey's Mirage songs too. His songs are so good on Mirage.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 10-02-2014 at 08:09 PM..
Old 10-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Who tells LB he's hogging SN's spotlight?
go watch youtube vids from 2009 tour and read the comments below them (especially Gold Dust Woman from London and other european stops, which was actually jazzed up and marvelous guitar-wise!!).

or read reviews from 2009 tour. tons of them were saying SN was lifeless and phoning it in while LB stole the show. SN fans complained about him stealing the show from her by actually jamming on her songs.

so in 2012, before 2013 tour started, LB said she was feeling sad reading her bad reviews and he was gonna do everything in his power that those don't happen again. he was still gonna be himself on stage but change some things. listening to 2013 GDW or SOTM, i think i see what he meant. now everybody's complaining that he's holding back on her songs. for chiffs, the man can do nothing right. but at least she seems happy.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post

They only have one song on the set from Mirage, and they have done Gypsy a lot on recent tours right? Hold Me would be so awesome. I would love to see one of Lindsey's Mirage songs too. His songs are so good on Mirage.
other than Eyes (which he has done on tons of tours so no need to do it again), his songs on Mirage are all crap.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am primarily a Stevie fan but I'll say this, if there's no LB jamming, then it's not the way a proper "rock" concert should be. I'll never understand people who don't like guitar solos either.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.

Last edited by Danielle; 10-02-2014 at 08:21 PM..
Old 10-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so in 2012, before 2013 tour started, LB said she was feeling sad reading her bad reviews and he was gonna do everything in his power that those don't happen again. he was still gonna be himself on stage but change some things. listening to 2013 GDW or SOTM, i think i see what he meant. now everybody's complaining that he's holding back on her songs. for chiffs, the man can do nothing right. but at least she seems happy.
Okay, but wasn't he "toned down" on her songs long before that? I mean, the classic example is Rhiannon. The whole arrangement changed around 1990 with Fleetwood Mac (I believe the handful of times it was played in '87 still included a solo from Rick I guess after the traditional part of the song ends and before "dreams unwind...") and when they played it for The Dance it was half the song that it was in the old days. A lot had to do with Stevie's inability to do what she did in 1976 any longer, but, the vocals aside, the whole arrangement was shrunk down and mellowed out considerably. I wish someone would ask something about that in an interview - "when the hell did you think it was a good idea to take out the rocking solos in half of the damn songs?" It would be a lot better than "so what is it like after all these years to sing these songs to each other every night bla bla bla"
Old 10-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post

Well, "I Know I'm Not Wrong" and "Eyes of the World" are kind of the same song. Lindsey plays pretty much the same guitar solo at the end of both. That's why they always get swapped out for each other in the set list. It's an easy transition.

I like all of Lindsey's songs on Mirage, except for "Empire State" and "Oh Diane." ES is just kind of random and gimmicky and OD is conspicuously retro and just doesn't fit well with the rest of the songs. But "Can't Go Back" and "Book of Love" are among his best.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
I'll never understand people who don't like guitar solos either.
They certainly should not be at a rock show that's for sure! And certainly not one by Fleetwood Mac...guitar solos predate (and post date for that matter!) Mr. Buckingham in this band!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Well, "I Know I'm Not Wrong" and "Eyes of the World" are kind of the same song. Lindsey plays pretty much the same guitar solo at the end of both. That's why they always get swapped out for each other in the set list. It's an easy transition.

I like all of Lindsey's songs on Mirage, except for "Empire State" and "Oh Diane." ES is just kind of random and gimmicky and OD is conspicuously retro and just doesn't fit well with the rest of the songs. But "Can't Go Back" and "Book of Love" are among his best.

I love Empire State and Oh Diane. I always thought Empire State and Family Man sounded similar. I love both songs.