User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
There's a pic from Q Magazine circa 1987 (I don't think Lindsey had quit, yet) that had a pic of Mick and Chris. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear they'd make a cute couple.
interesting.... anything is possible
Old 01-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Christine may be a little too preoccupied with his big belly to see him as a love interest.

Michele

No, Michele! Big bellies are hot and I will not have them slandered. Stop this. ( )

But yes, I don't see any reason for these two to get back together (or Lindsey and Stevie). I think we simply don't consider their relationship as much because they don't talk about it that much. And John really doesn't say a whole lot publicly period.

Last edited by Dex; 01-03-2014 at 10:10 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
We always ship Lindsey and Stevie. I have seen so many fanfictions where they get back together. We all go crazy when they interact on stage and have been since the Rumours days...
But then when it comes to John and Christine, we never really say anything.
Is there anyone out there who thinks John and Christine should get back together?
You may be in a minority, but you are not alone! Lis (of Marty & Lis, who started The Penguin website) was a MAJOR John & Christine shipper! Your post made me think of her and she would be very pleased with your question. I picture her right now mixing up some sort of potion to make this happen!

I think it's significant that when John was sick, Christine's name was suddenly all over. It is possible that even during the Hawaii trip, John's illness was already known by some--including Christine.

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

One thing more, singertobe, check out what Lis wrote:

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/themcvies.htm
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
You may be in a minority, but you are not alone! Lis (of Marty & Lis, who started The Penguin website) was a MAJOR John & Christine shipper! Your post made me think of her and she would be very pleased with your question. I picture her right now mixing up some sort of potion to make this happen!

)
You're going wayyy back.. lol

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-03-2014 at 01:52 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
No, Michele! Big bellies are hot and I will not have them slandered. Stop this. ( )
In my defense Christine did recently mention Mick's tummy. I would never have cited it as a possible turn off spontaneously

I think you're right. If John and Christine talked more about their relationship, so would the fans.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
In my defense Christine did recently mention Mick's tummy. I would never have cited it as a possible turn off spontaneously

I think you're right. If John and Christine talked more about their relationship, so would the fans.

Michele
Not really their style tho.... But I agree.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not really their style tho.... But I agree.
And the press doesn't ask them really. It's not a sexy topic to the media.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
And the press doesn't ask them really. It's not a sexy topic to the media.

Michele
It's always the #2 issue. And Mick's marriage breaking up is the #3 issue.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah - Christine's *real* reason for wanting to return to Fleetwood Mac is finally uncovered. Snuggle time with John's belly.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Ah - Christine's *real* reason for wanting to return to Fleetwood Mac is finally uncovered. Snuggle time with John's belly.
LOL

I would have to agree with the fact that they are just different people compared to S & L. I think that that has made them be able to handle the situation differently and I now see them as having a friendly, simple platonic, average divorced couple relationship. It's shown in The Dance. I think they both love each other as much as they did back then or maybe more but just in a different way.
From a Buckingham Nicks shipper's pov, you could also say it's different because of the fact that the McVie relationship was over years ago but Stevie and Lindsey are still showing their emotions towards each other and some could say they still love each other they same way they did then.
Idk, this whole band has my mind reeling. I doubt we'll ever really know what goes on between them all.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
One thing more, singertobe, check out what Lis wrote:

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/themcvies.htm
Interesting! Thank you!
I di wish those 2 would put up pictures of their wedding though. I bet Christine made a lovely bride
Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Christine and Mick's relationship always seemed more brotherly-sisterly to me. It's obvious that they really love and care for each other, but it never struck me as anything more than a platonic relationship. Chris and Lindsey, however................
Old 01-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkaboutme90 View Post
Christine and Mick's relationship always seemed more brotherly-sisterly to me. It's obvious that they really love and care for each other, but it never struck me as anything more than a platonic relationship. Chris and Lindsey, however................
if you haven't yet, you may want to visit the thread "hot or not" in LB forum. might be something of interest to you there...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-04-2014, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think it's because, at least during the "Rumours" era, Christine's songs weren't as blatantly brutal. Stevie sang "and what you lost," Lindsey sang "shackin' up's all you wanna do," whereas Christine sang "don't stop thinking about tomorrow." Stevie and Lindsey continued to sing about each other, whereas Christine seemed to move on, and John became her buddy in the process.
I know we've talked about it before, but that 1997 article where John was drunk and told the interviewer to say hello to his ex-wife and said his ex was great, even though she'd told him to jump off ... that didn't seem like moving on to be her buddy was that easy a thing for him. I mean 1997 was a long time ago, but it was still 20 years after their divorce and he still seemed a little torn up. At least when he was in his cups.

And Stevie also had to helpfully add (again in 1997) that John and Christine would still be together, but for his drinking. Like someone was still analyzing the reason for the McVie breakup after all that time.

Michele