The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2017, 09:21 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,019
Default Top 3 From BTM.......

What's your top 3 picks from Behind The Mask ( only 3....and I'm sure it's always changing)

1. The Sky is the Limit
2. When the Sun Goes Down
3. Behind the Mask
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 02-21-2017, 06:17 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,907
Default

This is tough. Half of this album is very good.

Back of my mind (can you believe I am naming a Billy song). Its a creative song. I love how they fit 3 singers on the song with Stevie answering back to Billy.

Skies the limit - I love hearing Christine play keyboards. That was something missing from TTITN
Its a perky and sing along song

When it comes to love (yikes another Billy song) - I love Christine singing a duet. Billy is not a great singer but his voice is saved and helped so much by Chris. Love those keyboards again. The bouncy beat is amazing. Go Mick!!!! Go John!! Great stuff. A great song musically, lyrically, and vocally. Love the acoustic guitar solo too.

This was hard. I also love Love is Dangerous, When it comes to love, Behind the mask, and Save Me.
The rest of the album I don't care for.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life : 02-21-2017 at 06:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2017, 06:29 AM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is tough. Half of this album is very good.

Back of my mind (can you believe I am naming a Billy song). Its a creative song. I love how they fit 3 singers on the song with Stevie answering back to Billy.

Skies the limit - I love hearing Christine play keyboards. That was something missing from TTITN
Its a perky and sing along song

When it comes to love (yikes another Billy song) - I love Christine singing a duet. Billy is not a great singer but his voice is saved and helped so much by Chris. Love those keyboards again. The bouncy beat is amazing. Go Mick!!!! Go John!! Great stuff. A great song musically, lyrically, and vocally. Love the acoustic guitar solo too.

This was hard. I also love Love is Dangerous, When it comes to love, Behind the mask, and Save Me.
The rest of the album I don't care for.

This was very hard to only choose 3. I agree with your top 3 assessments. When it Comes to Love is up there for me also.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
This was very hard to only choose 3. I agree with your top 3 assessments. When it Comes to Love is up there for me also.
We both like Skies the Limit. That song gets bashed a lot around here. When I heard the beginning keyboards from Chris and then the drum crack at the beginning I fell in love. Their harmonies go very good together. Thank goodness no drum machines or pre-programmed bass or other stuff. The Mac rhythm section was back!!! There is some really good stuff on this album but unfortunately it gets lost. The song almost never made the album. It was a last minute addition. The band (mostly Chris) felt the album was too dark and needed a peppy upbeat song. She wrote the song and that is the reason it became the first track of the album. Its polar opposite of the flip side of Behind the Mask. Chris rarely writes dark stuff so its the best of both worlds on the album.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life : 02-21-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2017, 07:37 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838
Default

Save Me
Do You Know
I am absolutely torn over my third pick! A 3 way tie between In the Back of My Mind, Skies the Limit, and When It Comes to Love. And even then, Love is Dangerous is right behind. I guess third place would depend on what sort of mood I'm in!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2017, 07:54 AM
Phil's Avatar
Phil Phil is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 828
Default

1. The Second Time
2. Love Is Dangerous
3. Freedom (closely followed by Affairs Of The Heart)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-21-2017, 11:47 AM
TheWILDheart TheWILDheart is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 2,216
Default

1. Freedom
2. Behind The Mask
3. Love Is Dangerous
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-21-2017, 02:20 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,204
Default

In the Back of My Mind
Skies the Limit
Do You Know/Behind the Mask/When it Comes to Love


Sorry BLY... for me When the Sun Goes Down really sucks. I always found it quite embarrassing. Each to their own.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-21-2017, 02:44 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
In the Back of My Mind
Skies the Limit
Do You Know/Behind the Mask/When it Comes to Love


Sorry BLY... for me When the Sun Goes Down really sucks. I always found it quite embarrassing. Each to their own.


I get it.😎 I love the vocals on it!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
In the Back of My Mind
Skies the Limit
Do You Know/Behind the Mask/When it Comes to Love


Sorry BLY... for me When the Sun Goes Down really sucks. I always found it quite embarrassing. Each to their own.
Don't copy me
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-21-2017, 05:17 PM
Street_Dreamer's Avatar
Street_Dreamer Street_Dreamer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 556
Default

When It Comes To Love
Freedom
Hard Feelings
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-22-2017, 07:49 AM
Dr.Brown's Avatar
Dr.Brown Dr.Brown is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: TimeBombTown
Posts: 170
Default

Probably should go in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread but When the Sun Goes Down is my favorite track on BTM. I don't really care much for any of the other tracks.

PS - Adding fuel to the fire, I also really like These Strange Times on Time.
__________________
You don't have no prescription
You don't have to take no pills

Last edited by Dr.Brown : 02-22-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-22-2017, 08:37 AM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Probably should go in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread but When the Sun Goes Down is my favorite track on BTM. I don't really care much for any of the other tracks.

PS - Adding fuel to the fire, I also really like These Strange Times on Time.

I like These Strange Times also. After all my years listening to Fleetwood Mac I have realized there really isn't any songs I HATE I just like some better than others.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-28-2017, 03:45 AM
Fannymac's Avatar
Fannymac Fannymac is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 487
Default

Do You Know
Love Is Dangerous
In The Back of My Mind
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-28-2017, 08:02 PM
annabellee annabellee is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 180
Default

Hard Feelings
Love Is Dangerous
In The Back of My Mind
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031
$24.88
1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031 picture1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943
$20.0
1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943 picture1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picturePress Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773
$17.88
Press Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773 pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved