The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-28-2017, 01:30 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,698
Default Any updates on sales numbers?

Anyone know how many copies of Crystal Visions and Bella Donna have been sold now?
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 10-28-2017, 08:38 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,265
Default

And In Your Dreams and 24 KG?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
And In Your Dreams and 24 KG?
I only picked Crystal Visions and Bella Donna because I think they should have earned new certifications.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-28-2017, 06:26 PM
James89 James89 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 871
Default

These are my estimations based on evidence of previous publication of sales:

- Bella Donna should be around 6xPlatinum by now.
- In Your Dreams has sold around 250k.
- Crystal Visions has sold around 600k.
- 24KG has sold anywhere from 100-120k.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-2017, 12:46 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
These are my estimations based on evidence of previous publication of sales:

- Bella Donna should be around 6xPlatinum by now.
- In Your Dreams has sold around 250k.
- Crystal Visions has sold around 600k.
- 24KG has sold anywhere from 100-120k.
Bella Donna was never even certified 5x platinum and Crystal never even certified Gold for selling 500k.

How can we get something concrete?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-29-2017, 12:51 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,698
Default

I just made an inquiry so hopefully some news soon.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-31-2017, 01:18 PM
James89 James89 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Bella Donna was never even certified 5x platinum and Crystal never even certified Gold for selling 500k.

How can we get something concrete?
Bella Donna was certified 5xPlatinum in 2004 but it was removed for reasons unspecified. Strange. SoundScan had Crystal Visions at 505,000 copies back in 2014 and it has just sold 5-6K the last two weeks thanks to iTunes I think, so 600K is a good estimation. I would say 600K but it could be considerably more.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-31-2017, 04:11 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,265
Default

I am happy to see the numbers for IYD and 24KG. Not bad for this time in music history. Hope we'll see at least one more recording effort.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Bella Donna was certified 5xPlatinum in 2004 but it was removed for reasons unspecified. Strange. SoundScan had Crystal Visions at 505,000 copies back in 2014 and it has just sold 5-6K the last two weeks thanks to iTunes I think, so 600K is a good estimation. I would say 600K but it could be considerably more.
It wasnít unspecified. They said they made a mistake so they took the 5x certification back.

Crystal is still not certified even if it sold 600k.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Bella Donna was certified 5xPlatinum in 2004 but it was removed for reasons unspecified. Strange. SoundScan had Crystal Visions at 505,000 copies back in 2014 and it has just sold 5-6K the last two weeks thanks to iTunes I think, so 600K is a good estimation. I would say 600K but it could be considerably more.
You are completely wrong about Bella Donna. Itís clean se to being certified 5x platinum, not 6. This was posted in 2012:

BELLA DONNA: Now there's a title we don't see much (or at all) on any of the Catalogue Charts!! Stevie's 1981 debut album in it's second week on the Top 200 Catalogue Physical Albums Chart is at #136 this week up from #173 last week on at 12% sales increase. The album sold 1,115 units in the US during the sales period vs 996 albums in the previous week. Total album sales in the US since 1991 when Soundscan began tracking sales = 860,494.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-02-2017, 07:25 AM
James89 James89 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 871
Default

Bella Donna has sold nearly a million copies since 1991 and had sold around 5 million even by the time it was certified 4xPlatinum in 1990. So yes, I think 6xPlatinum is an appropriate estimation.

Anyway, the RIAA is useless with older acts so itís pretty pointless debating this. They havenít certified anything of hers since 2001!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Bella Donna has sold nearly a million copies since 1991 and had sold around 5 million even by the time it was certified 4xPlatinum in 1990. So yes, I think 6xPlatinum is an appropriate estimation.

Anyway, the RIAA is useless with older acts so itís pretty pointless debating this. They havenít certified anything of hers since 2001!
It was certified 4x Times platinum and since then has sold around another million.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8"x12" signed In Person
$175.0
Mick Fleetwood 1947- genuine autograph photo 8Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks
$149.99
Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks pictureMick Fleetwood, Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Signed Photo, COA, UACC RD 036
$99.99
Mick Fleetwood, Founder of Fleetwood Mac, Signed Photo, COA, UACC RD 036 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved