Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up It's time! Football playoffs

So it comes to my favorite time of the football year. The Playoffs. A very interesting final weekend of the regular season saw the Kansas City Chiefs(SORRY CHILI) sneak in when about 1000 things needed to happen. Anyhow, here is one fans opinion about how things will go this year. I'm sure I'll be wrong as hell, but here goes!!

Saturday:

Kansas City 24, Indianapolis 17
Seattle 31, Dallas 21

Sunday:
New England 13, Jets 10
Philadelphia 28, Giants 17

Divisional round:

AFC:
San Diego 31, Kansas City 17
Baltimore 17, New England 7

NFC:
New Orleans 28, Philadelphia 20
Seattle 21, Bears 10

AFC Championship:

Baltimore 13, San Diego 10

NFC Championship:

New Orleans 31, Seattle 10

Super Bowl 41, February 4, 2007, Joe Robbie Stadium Miami:

Baltimore 17, New Orleans 14

Your super bowl Champion: THE BALTIMORE RAVENS

Let's see how close I come.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why can't it be April?
Old 01-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Hmmm...

Saturday:
Kansas City Chiefs over the Indianapolis Colts
Seattle Seahawks over the Dallas Cowgirls

Sunday:
New York Jets over the New England Dumbass-Pats
Philadelphia Eagles over the New York G-I-aints

Divisional round:
AFC:
San Diego Chargers over the Kansas City Chiefs
New York Jets over the original Cleveland Browns

NFC:
New Orleans Saints over the Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks over the Chicago Bears-suck!

AFC Championship:
San Diego Chargers over the New York Jets

NFC Championship:
New Orleans Saints over the Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl 41, February 4, 2007, Joe Robbie Stadium Miami:
San Diego Chargers over the New Orleans Saints

AND The Boise State Broncos STILL over the Boo-hoo Sooners!!!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cannot freakin believe the Chiefs made it in. I have no more fingernails after watching the Denver/San Francisco game. I was so nervous I couldn't take it. I did circles around the kitchen table....lol. I kept telling everybody that it could happen, just to get a rise out of them, and it did!! Cant wait to go back to work tomorrow and rub it in. I think I'll even sport my chiefs gear.

This is my favorite time of year also David!!!

Brian, the Cowgirls reference cracked me up!
Old 01-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I lost interest after the Titans lost. I loves me some Vince Young!

BTW, I'm convinced that Brent Musberger hates the Longhorns. He always seemed to be rooting for their opponent when he announced their games. And all throughout this year's Rose Bowl coverage, he kept talking about how USC was sure glad Vince wasn't there, and that they lost the championship game to Vince Young. Sure, Vince was the star and the reason we got the championship, but why can't he ever say UT, Texas, or the Longhorns??
Old 01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am rooting for The Pats!!!!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 01-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472 View Post
Why can't it be April?
no kidding ... football is a srs yawner.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up No tellin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I lost interest after the Titans lost. I loves me some Vince Young!

BTW, I'm convinced that Brent Musberger hates the Longhorns. He always seemed to be rooting for their opponent when he announced their games. And all throughout this year's Rose Bowl coverage, he kept talking about how USC was sure glad Vince wasn't there, and that they lost the championship game to Vince Young. Sure, Vince was the star and the reason we got the championship, but why can't he ever say UT, Texas, or the Longhorns??
about Musberger, But around here in O-Who Gooner-land UT's win last season was seen as a 'fluke win'. I dont see it that way, and I am a diehard USC football fan who thought UT outplayed USC (I like the Tennessee Titans too - I'm sure next year they'll be a tough team to beat because Mr.Vince Young is turning into a major pro-QB.)

At least USC pummelled Michigan yet again, so I am happy (Not to mention the State of Oklahoma was the first entity EVER to have 2 floats in the Rose Bowl Parade)

Hate to say it, But I cant wait til February - Spring training opens for Baseball (Betcha the Cubs wont finish last this year) and Speedweeks in Daytona (The start of the NASCAR season)

Brian "O-Who fans are living in denial about the Boise St. win, they are still blaming Oregon for their loss..." j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Boise State victory was suh-weet!

Aaaw, Reggie Bush only got 3 votes.

NEW YORK — Vince Young, the dynamic quarterback for the Tennessee Titans won The Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year Award on Wednesday. He did it in the same fashion he turned around the Titans' season — running away from the rest of the field.

Young, who led Texas to the 2005 national championship and was the third overall pick in last April's draft, overwhelmed one of the strongest rookie classes in NFL history. He received 23 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the league.

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young (10) passes in the rain against the New England Patriots in the second quarter of an NFL football game in Nashville, Tenn., Sunday, Dec. 31, 2006. (AP Photo/John Russell)
That easily beat New Orleans wide receiver Marques Colston and Jacksonville running back Maurice Drew, who had nine apiece; San Diego tackle Marcus McNeill (6); and Saints running back Reggie Bush (3).

Running back Carnell "Cadillac" Williams of Tampa Bay won the award last year. Young is the third member of the Tennessee-Houston franchise to take top rookie honors: Earl Campbell in 1978 and Eddie George in 1996 did it for the Houston Oilers.

Young was the catalyst in Tennessee's rally from 0-5 to 8-8, at times looking as unstoppable for the Titans as he did with the Longhorns. A starter from Week 4, Young sprinkled all kinds of spectacular big plays with a growing maturity in joining Ben Roethlisberger (2004) as the only quarterbacks to win top rookie honors in the 49-year history of the award.

He became the first rookie quarterback to rush for more than 500 yards in the Super Bowl era, and his passing skills improved all year under coach Jeff Fisher and offensive coordinator Norm Chow.

"I like to go out there and play the game and show that I can deliver the ball down the field, and that I can use my legs at the right time, when it's time to use my legs, and checking the ball down, just being a quarterback," Young said. "I want to change the game a little bit."

He's already helped change the perception of what a first-year quarterback can do given playing time. Young sat and learned for barely a month while Kerry Collins started and the Titans struggled. Then Fisher turned to the youngster well before he'd planned.

And Young delivered as the Titans threatened to become the first team to lose its opening five games and then make the playoffs. They were in contention until the final weekend, thanks greatly to a six-game winning streak that included a remarkable comeback from 21-0 down in the final 10 minutes to beat the Giants.

"He was very prepared when he got here because of the experience he had in college," said Fisher, who along with Tennessee's scouts and general manager Floyd Reese chose Young over Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler in the draft. "We knew that he had a chance to improve and obviously that's why we went ahead and started him when we did. We felt like he was ready."

Chow, who worked with Heisman Trophy winners Leinart and Carson Palmer at Southern California, is considered one of the finest teachers of quarterbacks in the business. What does he like most about Young, who left Texas after his junior season?

"Besides the physical skills, it's the will and the strength inside, the 'it' factor that a quarterback either has or doesn't have," Chow said. "Obviously, he has it. The quickness in which he won the team over and the quickness in which he became the leader, the guy everybody looked up to, that was special.

"Vince Young has this great ability to lift others around him. To see him do it so quickly, that wasn't a surprise, but it was certainly good to see."

Perhaps Young's finest moment was a 39-yard TD run in overtime to beat Houston, his hometown team which bypassed the Lone Star State hero to take defensive end Mario Williams atop the draft. There seemed to be as many Titans No. 10 jerseys in Reliant Stadium as any Texans shirts.

"It was a great ending," Young said. "Being from Houston and being in front of my family and the fans that respect me as a player and a person, as well, it can't get any better than that."
Old 01-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Football season is over...there is no joy in Bronco Country.

RIP Darrent Williams

May his killer die a slow, agonizing, and excruciatingly painful death.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Football season is over...there is no joy in Bronco Country.

RIP Darrent Williams

May his killer die a slow, agonizing, and excruciatingly painful death.
They just found the Vehicle that the killer was in today.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, not too bad for the first weekend. Got 3 out of 4 games right. The way this coming weekend shapes up, I like Baltimore, San Diego, Seattle, and New Orleans to win. I know Seattle is going out on a limb, but the Bears cant win a home playoff game to save their lives!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
no kidding ... football is a srs yawner.
Until Spring Training opens up, I am going to be in a state of sports hybernation. -_____-

But I guess I have to root for the Patriots. They're probably the closest thing to the Yankees in the NFL.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't even care that the Chiefs lost so miserably the other day- all I wanted was for them to knock the Broncos out in the first place. So my post-season has been THRILLING.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472 View Post
Until Spring Training opens up, I am going to be in a state of sports hybernation. -_____-

But I guess I have to root for the Patriots. They're probably the closest thing to the Yankees in the NFL.
GO PATS!!! Yesterday's game rocked.