The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Am I the only one who is really excited to see the new Mac?

Am I the only Ledgie who is really excited to see the new line up? I bought a ticket to the Sacramento show. I will be travelling all the way from Sydney Australia and have a seat on Christine's side on the arena floor which cost $280 US or $370 AU. I think it will be worth every cent. I can't wait to hear Neil's renditions of Man of the World and Go Your Own Way. I saw Stevie and Chrissy in Sacramento and Sydney. I will also see the Mac in Sydney if they come to my home town but I didn't want to risk missing out and I love Sacramento and San Francisco.
Obviously like any true fan I would prefer Lindsey to Neil and Mike, but they had reached an impasse. It appears Lindsey did not want to tour without new music, or wanted to delay the tour indefinitely for some other reason. Would you fans honestly have preferred the only other alternative to the band continuing without Lindsey? That is, the band breaking up and never touring or recording again?
I honestly think Lindsey should not have been replaced. They should have tour as a foursome and not done any Lindsey songs that Stevie and Christine could not sing on their own. One of their back up guitarists surely could have stepped up to lead guitar quite capably.
All that said, Neil and Mike have great chops and this is a fantastic new line up I will gladly take a long haul flight to see.

Last edited by secret love; 05-05-2018 at 06:10 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Am I the only Ledgie who is really excited to see the new line up?
Maybe? Prolly, if I were the only other Ledgie? I am personally thinking I'd rather go watch grass grow or paint dry.

I mean there is SUCH good music out there, hundreds of artists I'd rather go see than this ridiculousness.

That's just MOO, though of course. Discuss.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Maybe? Prolly, if I were the only other Ledgie? I am personally thinking I'd rather go watch grass grow or paint dry.

I mean there is SUCH good music out there, hundreds of artists I'd rather go see than this ridiculousness.

That's just MOO, though of course. Discuss.
We're going to get a hear a bunch of Peter Green and Bob Welch era stuff we haven't heard in decades. That's reason enough to be excited in my book. And apart from Go Your Own Way and his Tusk and Say You Will stuff, there's not a lot of Lindsey songs that thrill me all that much.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's put it this way, to all the fans boycotting this tour because there is no Lindsey, did you boycott the Say You Will tour, or the Unleashed tour, or the Live 2013 tour, because there was no Christine? She's had more hits than Lindsey and was in the band longer prior to her departure.
What's the difference? Is it different because she retired not got sacked? Or is it different because she wasn't replaced?
If they didn't replace Lindsey and just toured as a foursome with a fill in guitarist and didn't sing Lindsey songs, would you be less angry?
Old 05-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Am I the only Ledgie who is really excited to see the new line up?
you are not the only one, tons of people here - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57849

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2018, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let's put it this way, to all the fans boycotting this tour because there is no Lindsey, did you boycott the Say You Will tour, or the Unleashed tour, or the Live 2013 tour, because there was no Christine? She's had more hits than Lindsey and was in the band longer prior to her departure.
What's the difference? Is it different because she retired not got sacked? Or is it different because she wasn't replaced?
If they didn't replace Lindsey and just toured as a foursome with a fill in guitarist and didn't sing Lindsey songs, would you be less angry?
Because Christine made the choice not to participate. She had a CHOICE. In fact the band were begging her not to go. She wasn't stabbed in the back. Rewarding the money grubbers for their behavior wasn't an issue then. It is now.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Because Christine made the choice not to participate. She had a CHOICE. In fact the band were begging her not to go. She wasn't stabbed in the back. Rewarding the money grubbers for their behavior wasn't an issue then. It is now.
Don't be ridiculous. Lindsey had a choice too. If he chose to tour October this year he could have done so. If Lindsey was ready and willing, no way would he have been replaced. Lindsey was always the band's first choice and still always will be. If he changes his mind, you can bet your bottom dollar he will be back on the next tour and Mike and Neil will be given the boot.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Oy.

Quote:
Christine left. She wasn't fired. BIG difference. Same with LB in 1987. He left on his own.

I wasn't a fan of FM back in 87 so I don't know how I would have felt about the Billy/Rick additions.

Yes, that is a totally different situation. Bringing in Tug on keyboards was fine for SYW. If they had gotten someone to do guitar solos and sing LB's GYOW and World Turning, I'd be cool....if LB left ON HIS OWN.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Just so! superbly put. Case and point and there you have it.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous. Lindsey had a choice too. If he chose to tour October this year he could have done so. If Lindsey was ready and willing, no way would he have been replaced.
you should go read some of the threads here. and watch that video of Lindsey refuting band's lies.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous. Lindsey had a choice too. If he chose to tour October this year he could have done so. If Lindsey was ready and willing, no way would he have been replaced. Lindsey was always the band's first choice and still always will be. If he changes his mind, you can bet your bottom dollar he will be back on the next tour and Mike and Neil will be given the boot.

Agreed and I foresee the concert opener of that tour to be just stevie and Lindsey singing Kumbaya. Mick playing light bangos in between stevie and Lindsey

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Christine left. She wasn't fired. BIG difference. Same with LB in 1987. He left on his own.

I wasn't a fan of FM back in 87 so I don't know how I would have felt about the Billy/Rick additions.

Yes, that is a totally different situation. Bringing in Tug on keyboards was fine for SYW. If they had gotten someone to do guitar solos and sing LB's GYOW and World Turning, I'd be cool....if LB left ON HIS OWN.
i know re your OY. lather. rinse. repeat.

you'd think fans would actually know better to check first. but no.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Just so! superbly put. Case and point and there you have it.
I repeat, Lindsey also had a choice. Those who think he was fired for no reason are living in fantasy land. If Lindsey had got on board with the band's touring schedule, and not tried to squeeze in solo shows in between the band's tour, then they would not have fired him. Do you honestly believe Christine and Stevie and Mick and John would choose Neil and Mike over Lindsey if Lindsey had been willing to tour where and when they wanted him? Give me a break!
Seeds we sow. Lindsey would know.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you should go read some of the threads here. and watch that video of Lindsey refuting band's lies.
I have seen that video. I can barely hear or understand what he is saying. But apparently it is proof that he wanted to tour at the same time as everyone else. Apparently this was going to be possible with him doing a solo tour at the exact same time as the band tour.
Elle, do you seriously believe that Lindsey was ready, willing and available to tour when the band wanted him? If so what's the real reason he was fired? I look forward to the conspiracy theories!
I'm so glad I won't have to suffer through yet another tired rendition of I'm So Afraid this November! I'm watching the dance right now and taking a tea break for this never ending song.

Last edited by secret love; 05-05-2018 at 07:08 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have seen that video. I can barely hear or understand what he is saying. But apparently it is proof that he wanted to tour at the same time as everyone else. Apparently this was going to be possible with him doing a solo tour at the exact same time as the band tour.
Elle, do you seriously believe that Lindsey was ready, willing and available to tour when the band wanted him? If so what's the real reason he was fired? I look forward to the conspiracy theories!
yes. and now we won't get that.

you can read thousands of threads of conspiracy theories around here. we don't need yet another one.