User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Could be that Stevie has not said she's on board with recording is because she knows Mick
And Lindsey. And Christine. And John. You know...the band.

Quote:
will probably want to extend the tour into 2016 so they can promote the new album...
Not to mention 2017 for Fleetwood Mac's 50th Anniversary.

Quote:
She's already committed to 3 years of FM
Good for her. I'm sure the band appreciates her charitable spirit.

Quote:
and changed her recording schedule to accommodate the band...
Yep. She owed WB one more album. Of course, it didn't have to be done right away. There was always the option of waiting for the Fleetwood Mac tour to end before doing the album. But, she opted to rush to get an album of leaked demos she found on YouTube done in six weeks so it would be done before Fleetwood Mac rehearsals. Of course, this also conveniently fulfilled her contract with WB, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I don't think Chris's motivation for returning was for money and attention for her but I do think that Mick motivated her to come back for his financial gain.
Really? Have you seen pictures of her lately? She's the happiest woman in the world being back in the band. Compare her recent pictures to 1997. She couldn't fake it to that degree.

Quote:
And as far as a tour so soon after the last one?Maybe Mick figured he better "get it while the gettins' good"-that is,before she changes her mind.Just an angle my brain took..
Why is it always Mick? Lindsey's the one who publicly stated in interviews that his wish was to finish the (2013) tour, record an album, and go back on the road without a break for solo albums/tours.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Not to mention 2017 for Fleetwood Mac's 50th Anniversary.
Actually, 2015 will be the 50th anniversary of this incarnation of the band. They were asked to join on New Year's eve 1974/1975 so they were official as of Jan 1 1975.

1977 will however be the 50th anniversary of Rumours, so let's all imagine what creative repackaging and hyping of that album we'll be treated to in 3 years' time...
Old 11-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Actually, 2015 will be the 50th anniversary of this incarnation of the band. They were asked to join on New Year's eve 1974/1975 so they were official as of Jan 1 1975.

1977 will however be the 50th anniversary of Rumours, so let's all imagine what creative repackaging and hyping of that album we'll be treated to in 3 years' time...
(I think you mean 40th...)

But, Fleetwood Mac's 50th will be a huge deal.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So there was no band before Lindsey and the Goat?

Dismissing the Bob Welch years is purely criminal(obviously the PG years too, I'm just a huge Welch era fan)!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? Have you seen pictures of her lately? She's the happiest woman in the world being back in the band. Compare her recent pictures to 1997. She couldn't fake it to that degree.

Why is it always Mick? Lindsey's the one who publicly stated in interviews that his wish was to finish the (2013) tour, record an album, and go back on the road without a break for solo albums/tours.
True those are Bucky's wishes but Mick is notorious for being a greedy mofo.And this tour is clearly a mega money grab tour.Even Lindsey said very unenthusiactically prior to the start of the tour that the "setlist is a no brainer"yawn,yawn....
Old 11-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
True those are Bucky's wishes but Mick is notorious for being a greedy mofo.And this tour is clearly a mega money grab tour.Even Lindsey said very unenthusiactically prior to the start of the tour that the "setlist is a no brainer"yawn,yawn....
I'm sure Lindsey would rather have been touring behind a new album, but THAT certainly was not Mick's fault.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2014, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(I think you mean 40th...)

But, Fleetwood Mac's 50th will be a huge deal.
oops you're right

I had 40th in my head and 50th in my fingers….
Old 11-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So there was no band before Lindsey and the Goat?

Dismissing the Bob Welch years is purely criminal(obviously the PG years too, I'm just a huge Welch era fan)!!!
I actually said "of this incarnation of the band" not of all incarnations of the band.

I'm a big, big fan of the Welch years and Bare Trees is my fave, fave album, so no shade on Bob here.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I actually said "of this incarnation of the band" not of all incarnations of the band.

I'm a big, big fan of the Welch years and Bare Trees is my fave, fave album, so no shade on Bob here.
Fair enough, and thank you.

It's enough that the BAND brushes the history of the band under the rug...
Old 11-20-2014, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Chris's motivation for returning was for money and attention for her but I do think that Mick motivated her to come back for his financial gain.Everyone knows he's a greedy mofo and he has said that he loves to spend and has been bankrupt too many times to remember.Chris,being a good friend,said "ok,I'll bail you out-AGAIN"- hence the tour title,lets get "on with the show".And as far as a tour so soon after the last one?Maybe Mick figured he better "get it while the gettins' good"-that is,before she changes her mind.Just an angle my brain took..
I don't know, I'm just not willing to become that cynical about the whole thing. I know that Mick likes his money but I don't think that he masterminded the "On With The Show" tour, including cajoling Chris into coming back. I really believe it happened organically, and that it was Chris wanting to come back to the band that changed everything. I can't see her being persuaded to return by anyone, it must have come from her.

The decision was then made to tour. Why waste any time when John has had cancer, and they are in their late 60's and Chris 71. They probably knew how difficult and possibly lengthy it would be to complete an album, and decided the most sensible thing was to get out on the road, while they are still fit enough to do it.

I think going straight out on tour makes a lot of sense. Not great for the fans that want new music, but probably the best decision for the band and all the casual fans that would like another chance to see them live. I still believe a new album will happen, but we'll just have to wait.

Maybe I'm naïve, but in my eyes this band doesn't tour solely for monetary reasons. FM is a huge part of their lives, they are committed to their art, and they love performing.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I really believe it happened organically,.

planning a world wide tour takes about a year to plan out not a few weeks , this was in the making for some time
Old 11-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
planning a world wide tour takes about a year to plan out
And you know this how? They can do that in a matter of a few weeks or months and can add dates as they go along. Happens all the time.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2014, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
They probably knew how difficult and possibly lengthy it would be to complete an album, and decided the most sensible thing was to get out on the road, while they are still fit enough to do it.

I think going straight out on tour makes a lot of sense. Not great for the fans that want new music, but probably the best decision for the band and all the casual fans that would like another chance to see them live. I still believe a new album will happen, but we'll just have to wait.
Another thing to consider is that they may independently release the next Fleetwood Mac album. A tour like this would surely help fund something like that.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-20-2014 at 08:46 AM..
Old 11-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Registered

Quote:
And you know this how? They can do that in a matter of a few weeks or months and can add dates as they go along. Happens all the time.
and you know this how?

I know because my husband and his family's are in the music/movie business .