The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmm...with the recent post about FM doing Jazz Fest....mb she will join them for a one off.

IMO, Chris is the most "jazziest" of the 5
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But the jazz fest is three months after her visit. I don't see her coming to the United States twice in one year.

Anyway, Mick you have my permission to take whatever means you think necessary to make something happen. I will not judge you and am sending you supplies in an unmarked, brown paper package to help with your endeavors. They will include garbage bag ties, duct tape and ... a rappelling harness.

Michele
Old 01-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But the jazz fest is three months after her visit. I don't see her coming to the United States twice in one year.

Anyway, Mick you have my permission to take whatever means you think necessary to make something happen. I will not judge you and am sending you supplies in an unmarked, brown paper package to help with your endeavors. They will include garbage bag ties, duct tape and ... a rappelling harness.

Michele

hmm...but I see Feb as a vaca/rehearsal and May as the show....and another vaca
Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whilst I would love this to be true, I just don't see it. She'll be 70 this year and Christine is well out of it.

When interviewed in 2004 Christine ruled out recording with them as he thought she would get sucked back into the touring schedule.

I think - if she does fly to Hawaii - it will be to relax, maybe listen to these tracks, and then head back to Kent.

Oh and am I wrong or in 04 did Christine come to New York for her solo album promo? I recall her doing some interviews there, so she definitely has been back to the States (albeit not the west coast) since 98.

Sigh wish she were coming back.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post

Oh and am I wrong or in 04 did Christine come to New York for her solo album promo? I recall her doing some interviews there, so she definitely has been back to the States (albeit not the west coast) since 98.
Yes, she was here while FM was on the SYW tour.

Michele
Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, she was here while FM was on the SYW tour.

Michele
Hiding in case she was hauled on to do Don't Stop, no doubt
Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM

I'm hoping she got bored after deciding she didn't want to open a restaurant.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can see Christine visiting Mick & John in Hawaii. Ok, as has been mentioned, she DID say that she wanted to open a restaurant, but it was too much work, right? Well, Mick DID open a restaurant...maybe Chris is heading to Maui to manage the restaurant (lot less stress in just managing one rather than OWNING one, I would think) and by then after seeing Mick, Billy & Rick on stage more often than not, she'll play a few surprise gigs with the Mick Fleetwood Band.

(and you can just bet that at SOME point, Fleetwood Mac WILL grace Mick's restaurant's stage; but, LONG after they've given up the "Big Machine" touring schedule. When Fleetwood Mac finally grasps reality and becomes the "small machine" once again, Chris will most likely make her return appearance on stage again)
Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine has already seen Mick's band in England. I don't think that experience inspired her to jump back onto the stage. Michele
Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine has already seen Mick's band in England. I don't think that experience inspired her to jump back onto the stage. Michele
That's right, I'd forgotten!

Apparently she watched from the sound booth and left early. I do, however, remember reading (maybe on here) that someone saw her coming out and asked for an autograph and a peck on the cheek, which she gave!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

I agree with louielouie2000: Something's brewing. Isn't this the way Fleetwood Mac albums come about? One member plays, then another adds in, then another, then it's a Fleetwood Mac album. There are already 7-10 working songs; Stevie added her vocals months later to a couple of songs after the songs were created. It's not that hard of a stretch to add Christine in with no touring; album only. Maybe a final Fleetwood Mac album even?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthompson View Post
I agree with louielouie2000: Something's brewing. Isn't this the way Fleetwood Mac albums come about? One member plays, then another adds in, then another, then it's a Fleetwood Mac album. There are already 7-10 working songs; Stevie added her vocals months later to a couple of songs after the songs were created. It's not that hard of a stretch to add Christine in with no touring; album only. Maybe a final Fleetwood Mac album even?
I've got a nice new hat -- recently bought, fairly expensive. I will eat it if this is true.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

agree with people talking about Mick's devious ways to get the FM album together.

Lindsey's original plan didn't work out, or worked out partially with getting Stevie on board for 2.5 songs. then Stevie went to Key West to get inspired (and possibly work on some new mac songs?), but came back early claiming that she was bored, so needed to rent a house in Malibu to get un-bored.

so now Mick listened to you Michele, and your often repeated suggestion of the sure way to get Stevie on board - to convince Christine to re-join on the album...

with or without Stevie i'd love it if Christine would decide to add something to the already recorded 8-9 songs and play on the album and they get it out in the course of this year - that would be incredible!

or maybe Christine is taking over Mick's restaurant while FM is on tour?

either way, seems that Mick and Lindsey are trying really hard to get that FM album together and pulling out all the stops! Mitchell Froom, Christine McVie, i'm curious to hear who / what will be next! get that album out this year boys - you can do it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 PM

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
agree with people talking about Mick's devious ways to get the FM album together.

Lindsey's original plan didn't work out, or worked out partially with getting Stevie on board for 2.5 songs. then Stevie went to Key West to get inspired (and possibly work on some new mac songs?), but came back early claiming that she was bored, so needed to rent a house in Malibu to get un-bored.

so now Mick listened to you Michele, and your often repeated suggestion of the sure way to get Stevie on board - to convince Christine to re-join on the album...

with or without Stevie i'd love it if Christine would decide to add something to the already recorded 8-9 songs and play on the album and they get it out in the course of this year - that would be incredible!

or maybe Christine is taking over Mick's restaurant while FM is on tour?

either way, seems that Mick and Lindsey are trying really hard to get that FM album together and pulling out all the stops! Mitchell Froom, Christine McVie, i'm curious to hear who / what will be next! get that album out this year boys - you can do it!
yes to all of this!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree. Just do it!