Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's a kick.

Some of the dialogue is spectacularly bad ("Oil's in your blood, Christopher! When did you turn your back on it), and JR being in an assisted living facility for depression ("He's in and out, Mr. Ewing. That's how it is with clinical depression") was a wuss move, but it's a lot of fun, and Larry Hagman's still got it. I'll keep watching.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
I think it's a kick.

Some of the dialogue is spectacularly bad ("Oil's in your blood, Christopher! When did you turn your back on it), and JR being in an assisted living facility for depression ("He's in and out, Mr. Ewing. That's how it is with clinical depression") was a wuss move, but it's a lot of fun, and Larry Hagman's still got it. I'll keep watching.
Haha- I think JR was faking that depression thing!

Betcha Rebecca & Tommy are related to Rebecca Wentworth or ... Cliff Barnes. Also, I think maybe Marta is working for Barnes.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope they dont ruin it like those other remakes like Knightrider and the Bionic Woman.I did see parts of the new Hawaii Five O.The show was ok .But alittle to much cursing.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default knight rider

dont get me started on KNIGHT RIDER

god, amazing how they have screwed that up over the years. I mean, its not that hard, putt the HOFF In it with the OG KITT, and if there cant be a OG KITT, ask to use some from some of the ppl who have KITT Replicas, and have them go back and fight crime, instead we get crap tv movies, crap nbc series

Knight Rider was awesome, and yet thet cant duplicate the og for some reason

would love to see GREATEST AMERICAN HERO re done
Old 06-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
dont get me started on KNIGHT RIDER

god, amazing how they have screwed that up over the years. I mean, its not that hard, putt the HOFF In it with the OG KITT, and if there cant be a OG KITT, ask to use some from some of the ppl who have KITT Replicas, and have them go back and fight crime, instead we get crap tv movies, crap nbc series

Knight Rider was awesome, and yet thet cant duplicate the og for some reason

would love to see GREATEST AMERICAN HERO re done
I agree 100 percent.I love the original Hoffs show .The digital FX were a total joke on the remake.Wow KITT turn into a pickup truck. Michael Knight {The Hoff} appeared on the first episode for a couple of minutes.If they did cast Hoff and Bonnie {Patricia McPherson} RC3 Peter Parros and William Daniels as the voice of KITT.Then The show would of last.

I'm glad the original l Dallas charactors are back on the show .That 2008 get together was a joke with the actors were just gabbing about their favorite parts of the series and showing clips from the series.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-16-2012, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Also, I think maybe Marta is working for Barnes.
Is Barnes character still alive?
And for that matter, is the actor
still alive?

I always wanted J.R. to squash him.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
still alive?

he sure is~ alive & kicking & ready to toy w/ the ewing money...lolol~
Old 06-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
still alive?

Ken Kercheval (and Cliff Barnes) is still alive and he will be on a few episodes this season, including the next two!

It wasn't perfect but so far I'm into it. It moves very quick so it's a bit jarring when you think of how Dallas used to slowly meander through a 30 episode season. There were a lot of twists and turns in the first two episodes, but that's the way TV is now versus "the old days." I think they have a good foundation and just need to iron out a few kinks/let the younger cast get comfortable with the characters they play.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've just watched the first two episodes and so far it's ridiculous, drips with money and parts of the script are cheesy. In short, it's Dallas I'm pretty impressed so far! The new characters will take time to grow on me though and no, it wasn't perfect, but it's already suitably ott with the plot. The main thing about the show though is that it looks incredible! The final couple of minutes of episode one, in particular the final image in the football stadium, is absolutely fantastic.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
I've just watched the first two episodes and so far it's ridiculous, drips with money and parts of the script are cheesy. In short, it's Dallas
Exactly! Dallas was always like that, I think a lot of people look back with rose colored glasses now, but it was exactly what you describe back then too!

The look/filming is amazing and very modern. About the only jarring thing I found was the interior of Southfork. It's hard to get used to that being the same house. I understand renovations happen, but that old set was so ingrained into my head that it's hard to accept the "modern" SF.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
About the only jarring thing I found was the interior of Southfork.
That made me think of this story. It's going to sound like
one of my tall tales but it's the truth.

After hurricane Fredrick (1979) we went to check on our
cabin at Gulf Shores. The hurricane did incredible damage.
It was a two story house, and it completely wiped out the
first story. And amazingly the second story floated down
and rested almost on the original foundation. Even things
like dishes and lamps were still in place. You could have
actually rode out the hurricane in the top floor without
damage. Bottom floor your dead, top floor alive but scared
out of your mind.

There were all kind of things in the yard that were washed
up from who knows where. I still have the Louisville Slugger
that I found. But the thing that ties this in to Dallas is that
we found a lamp in the debris and took it back home with us.

My uncle restored the lamp for us. It was brass and wood
with what I believe were lion heads on the sides. Near the
end of one of the original Dallas episodes they were filming
in J.R.'s bedroom. And we were shocked to see that very
same design lamp on his nightstand.

What are the odds of that happening?
Old 06-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did watch part of each new episode but to me it'll NEVER be as good as the original show was for about the first 7/8 seasons after VP/Pam left the show lost course to me. I'd also watched Knots Landing but not in the beginning I think I started watching in like the 84 season/85 or so til the end. Didn't Jenna finally have Bobbie's son though cause I recall her being pregnant when he married Pam again right? Why didn't they have his other son on too? Its a real shame that Pam & Bobbie couldn't have there own child--it was wrong it would've been awesome now--hind site on the writers part. I think the show would be better now for it. IMO anyway.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 06-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I did watch part of each new episode but to me it'll NEVER be as good as the original show was for about the first 7/8 seasons after VP/Pam left the show lost course to me. I'd also watched Knots Landing but not in the beginning I think I started watching in like the 84 season/85 or so til the end. Didn't Jenna finally have Bobbie's son though cause I recall her being pregnant when he married Pam again right? Why didn't they have his other son on too? Its a real shame that Pam & Bobbie couldn't have there own child--it was wrong it would've been awesome now--hind site on the writers part. I think the show would be better now for it. IMO anyway.
I imagine if the show takes off and has a few seasons, we will see other characters introduced including some of the other offspring (JR and Bobby both have other children). Bobby and Jenna did have a son, Lucas. He was being born right around the time that the Justice Dept seized Ewing Oil and Pam drove into the tanker. I don't think Bobby ever had anything to do with Lucas (at least not through 1991 when the show ended) and he was basically raised by Ray and Jenna. Not sure what their current status is, but it will be interesting to see if any other offspring show up. JR has two other kids in addition to John Ross (James, and the baby Cally had).
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Exactly! Dallas was always like that, I think a lot of people look back with rose colored glasses now, but it was exactly what you describe back then too!

The look/filming is amazing and very modern. About the only jarring thing I found was the interior of Southfork. It's hard to get used to that being the same house. I understand renovations happen, but that old set was so ingrained into my head that it's hard to accept the "modern" SF.
Dallas interiors were never shot in the house used for the exterior shots of Southfork. They were all done on an LA soundstage. I've visited the Southfork house and I think they actually used the house interiors this time.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Dallas interiors were never shot in the house used for the exterior shots of Southfork. They were all done on an LA soundstage. I've visited the Southfork house and I think they actually used the house interiors this time.
When I visited last year they said that the interiors definitely weren't being used. It's the same setup as before - exteriors done on location on the ranch and interiors done on soundtsgaes in LA.

Oh, and how great is the Southfork trip?! I loved it!