User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I saw Eagles a few times while they were touring Eden. Glenn was not singing pleasantly. Henley stole the show. Timothy is like an angel. Joe's there. Steuart Smith is the man though. Thank G-d they have him.
Glenn just couldn't hit the notes?

Henley says his favorite song is "the last one". IDK how he still hits the notes he does at 73. I know he has a hard time, but he gets there most of the time(Do you have Farewell 1, or "History of"? I watch them almost weekly).

Timothy IS an angel. Such a sweet man. He had a cast on his foot when I saw them. He didn't explain it the first night, but on the second, he said that he fell in the shower, and "we have to be careful at our age".

Steuart IS a great guitarist, HOWEVER, Felder is better. Maybe not technically better(by a slim margin), but he has the phrasing. When you listen to both, you can tell who was on the recordings. Steuart overbends his notes, to where they're sharp. Felder didn't do that. Felder is my favorite guitar player from the Eagles. FAR FAR FAR more interesting than Joe Walsh. Joe Walsh plays Chuck Berry licks, OVER AND OVER. Felder invents phenomenal solos!

Hey, isn't this a FM board!
Old 12-19-2020, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Hey, isn't this a FM board!
Yeah but at least two Eagles(that we know of )have dipped their member in one certain Fleetwood Mac member so....

Old 12-19-2020, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah but at least two Eagles(that we know of )have dipped their member in one certain Fleetwood Mac member so....
Association via fornication??
Old 12-19-2020, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Half of Southern California took the same member dip.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All along, I've felt that Eagles success without Frey was a primary factor in everyone going along with firing Lindsey. Azoff certainly used the comparison to convince Stevie and Mick that they could go out without him. However, the comparison is ridiculous since Glen wasn't fired and the situation couldn't be more different. And quite honestly, cheesy as it may seem, Deacon being there in place of his late father made it work. Vince carries more of Glen's load (as he should, the man is an amazing singer and guitar player), but Deacon's presence makes it all seem okay.

I've seen them pre- and post-Glen's death. During the Long Road Out of Eden and History of the Eagles tours, Glen's voice was certainly not at its peak nor would I expect it to be at his age at the time. I wouldn't say it was hard to listen to, but he certainly struggled at points. I don't think he had been able to hit the "woooohoo" in Heartache Tonight since HFO and he could never do justice to Randy's vocal on Take it to the Limit. Don's voice has aged wonderfully, and Timothy still sounds good. But they too have dropped keys and their ranges are limited.

And I totally agree about Felder. Smith is technically very good but a bit rote live in my opinion. Especially the One of These Nights solo or Hotel California, they're Felder's solos...something lacks in the performances since his departure. The notes are hit but it lacks substance, depth, or something? Like Campbell or Vito playing the GYOW solo. They're not bad but they aren't playing like Lindsey would and something is just off. I would love to see Felder back but it isn't happening. Lindsey will be back standing in the shadows as Stevie tells a new 18 minute long story introducing Dreams and talking about the TikTok video long before Felder shares an Eagles stage with Henley again.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Stevie tells a new 18 minute long story introducing Dreams and talking about the TikTok video
This is so funny. You should be awarded. Out of the picture to Sly Stone now!

Stevie will rollerskate her hula dance during Dreams. I actually think she stopped doing the hula. The only dancing now is the crackhead dance.
The Gypsy twirls might as well be done on an office desk chair
Old 12-19-2020, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But they too have dropped keys and their ranges are limited.

And I totally agree about Felder. Smith is technically very good but a bit rote live in my opinion. Especially the One of These Nights solo or Hotel California, they're Felder's solos...something lacks in the performances since his departure. The notes are hit but it lacks substance, depth, or something? Like Campbell or Vito playing the GYOW solo. They're not bad but they aren't playing like Lindsey would and something is just off. I would love to see Felder back but it isn't happening. Lindsey will be back standing in the shadows as Stevie tells a new 18 minute long story introducing Dreams and talking about the TikTok video long before Felder shares an Eagles stage with Henley again.
What keys have they dropped, other than Don's solo songs? I know Heart Of The Matter has been lowered, and I believe Boys Of Summer, too.

Take It To The Limit doesn't count, since it was Randy's song. The original is in B, and I think Glenn did it in G.

Are you sure Henley has a major problem with Felder? I always thought it was mostly Glenn. When Henley first began his solo career after their breakup, he asked Felder to be in his band! But if memory serves, he was only offering Felder 5K/week, and Felder felt that that was nowhere near enough money.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
actually, it was 3. Souther, Henley, Walsh.

That being said, I wouldn't have wanted to touch any of those 3 'members' because of all they places they've been 'dipped' over the years....G.R.O.S.S.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
actually, it was 3. Souther, Henley, Walsh.

That being said, I wouldn't have wanted to touch any of those 3 'members' because of all they places they've been 'dipped' over the years....G.R.O.S.S.
I knew about Souther but never knew that he was an official "member " of the Eagles

Old 12-20-2020, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I knew about Souther but never knew that he was an official "member " of the Eagles
He was the Judy Wong of the Eagles.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is so funny. You should be awarded. Out of the picture to Sly Stone now!

Stevie will rollerskate her hula dance during Dreams. I actually think she stopped doing the hula. The only dancing now is the crackhead dance.
The Gypsy twirls might as well be done on an office desk chair
First of all, you can no longer even call them twirls. They haven't been twirls in almost 20 years. And to be fair to Stevie, she's into her 70's and I refuse to make fun of an old woman who can't twirl around on stage like she did in years past. That's just life. What I WILL make fun of, is her insistence on continuing to do this. It's pure insanity. She looks like she's stumbling on an icy surface, trying to step in a circle in some haphazard way to maintain her upright position. Not being able to do it anymore isn't sad, continuing to think you can and should do it, that is sad.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What keys have they dropped, other than Don's solo songs? I know Heart Of The Matter has been lowered, and I believe Boys Of Summer, too.

Take It To The Limit doesn't count, since it was Randy's song. The original is in B, and I think Glenn did it in G.

Are you sure Henley has a major problem with Felder? I always thought it was mostly Glenn. When Henley first began his solo career after their breakup, he asked Felder to be in his band! But if memory serves, he was only offering Felder 5K/week, and Felder felt that that was nowhere near enough money.
Yuck, don't make me show my work. Is this math class? LOL...so, of course the first two that came to mind when I typed that were Boys of Summer and Take it to the Limit. I'm no musical expert and wouldn't even know that a song was in B and now G, so I just go off what I'm hearing. And I'm also going off memory from a few years ago bu I was pretty certain that one or both of Timothy's songs were lowered...either I Can't Tell You Why or the one from Hell Freezes Over. Also, Seven Bridges Road comes to mind.

And while I thought most of the Felder stuff was with Glen, I think after suing them and writing that book, Don Henley would not have him back. I think his book pissed Henley off more than anything else. He certainly didn't seem to have any warm feelings in the documentary. BUT, what I thought was awesome of both Don and Glen, they included Felder in that documentary and also don't go out of their way to minimize their own actions or try to look like heroes.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not officially, but had enough input into a lot of songs to be considered close enough for purposes of counting how many of them banged Stevie. I've yet to attend an Eagles concert where Souther isn't name dropped by either Henley and/or Frey.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First of all, you can no longer even call them twirls. They haven't been twirls in almost 20 years. And to be fair to Stevie, she's into her 70's and I refuse to make fun of an old woman who can't twirl around on stage like she did in years past. That's just life. What I WILL make fun of, is her insistence on continuing to do this. It's pure insanity. She looks like she's stumbling on an icy surface, trying to step in a circle in some haphazard way to maintain her upright position. Not being able to do it anymore isn't sad, continuing to think you can and should do it, that is sad.
I think the last GREAT twirls were 2005. I would say that Cher still does some decent choreography and can run on stage for Turn Back Time and Believe. Debbie Harry is a great dancer still and does impressive footwork in heels.

And Jagger can do it all because he wears Nikes Watching him during JJFlash and Rambler is something else. Bless that man.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the last GREAT twirls were 2005. I would say that Cher still does some decent choreography and can run on stage for Turn Back Time and Believe. Debbie Harry is a great dancer still and does impressive footwork in heels.

And Jagger can do it all because he wears Nikes Watching him during JJFlash and Rambler is something else. Bless that man.
I saw her in 2009 and the twirls were very good. I guess at that age there may be better or worse performances. It's an undeniable truth. I agree that's just life. In 2014 at NJ her GDW was great, though I don't remember any twirl that night. Anyway, I agree she shouldn't insist to do things that may result very very bad.