The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This shows what kind of person Lindsey is. He really cares about these people. Why I don't know. They are back stabbing, self -serving, lying and cowardly people. They threw Lindsey under the bus. John says nothing even though the band bears his name. Christine didn't back Lindsey even though she wanted too. Don't get me started on Mick and Stevie, who orchestrated this whole thing. And now Stevie is so sad and Mick is glad that he and Lindsey are friends again. Puke emoji! Lindsey should never go back. Except for one concert where he makes a big pile of money for retirement. Use them like he was used. I can't believe this is what has become of this band that I have loved since 1975.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-13-2020, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Fleetwood Mac legacy was sealed long time ago. they are that band with 3 completely different songwriters who wrote some incredible songs and sang some incredible harmonies, while all interchangeably breaking up and sleeping with each and fighting and loving and hating each other while doing mountains of drugs... and keep selling bazillion copies of that Rumours album where each song is a hit.

and then they milked all that into oblivion by doing greatest hits reunion tours forever-more. how would yet another reunion tour change anything in that legacy?
SAY YOU WILL was an anomaly in that pattern. You could see that Lindsey was committed to trying to push additional creativity forward. Stevie warily joined and then, apparently, was traumatized because Lindsey urged her not to shift voice in “Throw Down.” There were probably 3000 other irritations and microagressions between them.

Since then, Lindsey tried to corral everyone to make an album, and Christine’s return made this seem VERY possible, but Stevie refused....She’s Bob Dylan, damnit, so don’t tell her what to do with her words.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:56 AM

Mick is starting to milk the BIG 5 machine. I may be wrong, but history has taught me well.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Yeah but Stevie is the stopper. She is working on a solo album and I doubt she is going to give it up for Fleetwood Mac. She has no time left. Plus she has to fit that Rhiannon project in.
Indeed.

2020 was a wash for touring etc. 2021 remains to be seen.

She's got her 24k film coming out, which won't likely be playing in theaters, and if it is, won't do huge business to start with and then with covid even less.

Her song won't make a dent, but I think right now she's more about "staying relevant" and putting something out.

The Rhiannon project I will believe when I see it. I and others have been hearing about this project since the 1970s. To put it in a different perspective, imagine if we were sitting here and it was 1920 (instead of 2020) and we were saying "She's been talking about that project since the 1870s".
TWENTY years back in our current century, and then another THIRTY years back into the previous century.

I admit I would see it, whatever it is, but....someone else better be the engine behind getting it done or else ....

I think she defines her "youthful" years as the years she can still put on the extensions/a wig and make up and not look like Bette Davis in her final years. Vanity is a thing with her and she wants to be remembered for how she LOOKED not how she LOOKS if you get what I mean.

Does anyone think even *she* can weather another Mac tour?? I don't. If the money was right however you know she'd do it. Didn't they all, including Mick, say that this last tour would be their last major tour??

I hope LB doesn't go back....but, I could see all 5 caving for something recorded. Either a live in a studio thing like The Dance, or a big show at an arena that gets filmed as the capstone. I'm getting the vibe from LB that somehow he's not entirely shut off the such an idea.....
Old 10-13-2020, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From things she has said, she sees herself retiring at age 80. She is 72.

9 years ago when promoting In Your Dreams she said she would probably retire at 72 at other times she has predicted that she would still be performing in a ribbon festooned wheelchair ..so

Old 10-13-2020, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah but Stevie is the stopper. She is working on a solo album and I doubt she is going to give it up for Fleetwood Mac. She has no time left. Plus she has to fit that Rhiannon project in.
So what? Do we really want another (Rumours lineup) Fleetwood Mac album?
I think too much blood has already fallen into the river. And frankly I got tired of the "lovingest/fightingest band" soap opera. Plus, their voices are not good anymore. And what for? To read and get upset about what Stevie said, to criticize Mick and his hunger for money? I'm not interested at all.

Nowadays I just enjoy again the old material but I'm not interested in waiting or expecting a new impossible album, or waiting for the 5 to agree being together at the studio, which could happen in 2054.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
So what? Do we really want another (Rumours lineup) Fleetwood Mac album?
I think too much blood has already fallen into the river. And frankly I got tired of the "lovingest/fightingest band" soap opera. Plus, their voices are not good anymore. And what for? To read and get upset about what Stevie said, to criticize Mick and his hunger for money? I'm not interested at all.

Nowadays I just enjoy again the old material but I'm not interested in waiting or expecting a new impossible album, or waiting for the 5 to agree being together at the studio, which could happen in 2054.
Now THAT would be impressive! They'd ALL be past the 100 mark and surely that would set some sort of record... assuming the Stones haven't found a miracle preservative before then.

It occurs to me that a number of artists have done or tried to do the hologram thing where you can "see" them performing long after they're dead. One can only imagine that each of their heirs would have to come to an agreement and would probably carry the grudges of their family member... so we could have intra-band squabbling going on forever!
Old 10-13-2020, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I hope LB doesn't go back....but, I could see all 5 caving for something recorded. Either a live in a studio thing like The Dance, or a big show at an arena that gets filmed as the capstone. I'm getting the vibe from LB that somehow he's not entirely shut off the such an idea.....
I think LB wants back. He is not done with them like some of his fans are. It’s disheartening to me. I liked the guy from 1987. I liked it when he was more wanted than wanting.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think LB wants back. He is not done with them like some of his fans are. It’s disheartening to me. I liked the guy from 1987. I liked it when he was more wanted than wanting.
Back for what One last big cash grab "farewell" tour with the Rumours five. To do another Fleetwood Mac album when we know that Stevie won't participate even though she wants to make another solo album and just put out a dud new song? It would be a disappointment if he did want to rejoin this unsavory bunch.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Mick is starting to milk the BIG 5 machine. I may be wrong, but history has taught me well.
Indeed. Stevie recently admitting to reaching out to Lindsey after his heart attack, and seeing vitriolic posts online about her firing Lindsey were the opening salvo. This is Stevie showing vulnerability, which she just doesn’t do. When Stevie doesn’t want to be on the record regarding a specific topic, she makes damn sure her interviewers don’t bring it up. Her starting to discuss Lindsey and the true nature of his firing etc is absolutely deliberate.

Mick saw the door was cracked, so he nudged it open a little further. He’s trying to walk the line yet be noncommittal for fear of Stevie’s wrath, but he’s nudging the line all the same.

While I think there is zero hope for another Mac studio album, I think the possibility of some sort of farewell reunion is crossing all their minds. Stevie, Mick, and Lindsey all have this need to be loved by the fans and press. They are all in legacy mode, too. They may not want to all be together, but they understand they pretty much have to undo all of this crap. At this point it would make for a monumental happily ever after... or if left to stand would tarnish their 50 year careers and future legacies. They know what they’ve gotta do. And it’s clear to me these processes are most certainly being set into motion behind the scenes.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Indeed. Stevie recently admitting to reaching out to Lindsey after his heart attack, and seeing vitriolic posts online about her firing Lindsey were the opening salvo. This is Stevie showing vulnerability, which she just doesn’t do. When Stevie doesn’t want to be on the record regarding a specific topic, she makes damn sure her interviewers don’t bring it up. Her starting to discuss Lindsey and the true nature of his firing etc is absolutely deliberate.

Mick saw the door was cracked, so he nudged it open a little further. He’s trying to walk the line yet be noncommittal for fear of Stevie’s wrath, but he’s nudging the line all the same.

While I think there is zero hope for another Mac studio album, I think the possibility of some sort of farewell reunion is crossing all their minds. Stevie, Mick, and Lindsey all have this need to be loved by the fans and press. They are all in legacy mode, too. They may not want to all be together, but they understand they pretty much have to undo all of this crap. At this point it would make for a monumental happily ever after... or if left to stand would tarnish their 50 year careers and future legacies. They know what they’ve gotta do. And it’s clear to me these processes are most certainly being set into motion behind the scenes.

I agree with this. It's almost too planned. This was all very orchestrated. I just hope if something does happen to get this group together again, LB releases his solo album first.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
They are now a viral trending, Billboard Top 40 charting band again. Mick would be insane if he isn't sitting on his little island with dollar signs in his eyes thinking, "Stevie hates backlash and her solo career has slowed, Lindsey and I are on speaking terms, he is readying a solo album, Chris and John are still around... perhaps we politely retire this era and usher in a grand farewell tour. That'll bring in lots of money. Album. Live show. Tons of press. Tons and tons of money."

It's like the lead up from '92 to '97 all over again. I can see it clear as day. As much as I would hate to gag my way through the song and dance lovefest show again, the general public will eat it up - as will the new generation that have found them.

All thats left is the revelation that someone is working in a studio with Lindsey on something.
here's the deal - back in 1997 Stevie's career was in the toilet. she needed the Mac to pull her out and make her career viable again. now? she's on her legendary top. she is using huge draws like Harry Styles to stay relevant. and, by throwing out Lindsey and diminishing Christine, she's created illusion that she is the only frontwoman / singer /songwriter of Fleetwood Mac. that FM equals her. what she and many of her fans always dreamed of. so why would she want Lindsey back and diminish all that? similarly, solo she's on the top as she keeps reminding everyone at every turn. she's a legend.

Quote:
exactly. she only talked about Lindsey because she wants to "wash herself clean" of all the crap that she all of the sudden realized is still sticking to her for what she did to him and for breaking up the band.

since she talked about Lindsey, Mick figured he can too. because he did her bidding and won't let her come out smelling like a dying flower she calls herself and put it all on him. so while she allegedly all of the sudden put together some completely offending note to Lindsey after reading all the hate thrown her way, Mick one-upped her describing the actual conversation he had when Lindsey called him after Peter died. Mick is keeping all his options open. his restaurant is letting go majority of the staff. he will probably go bankrupt again any day now.

now before we go too far down the vortex of reunion, i want to remind everyone that many people here thought that when ousting Lindsey was going on in the background, people here were having delusions about us not hearing anything because FM was secretly working on an album.

Lindsey was interviewed month after Peter's death on that zoom call. so after he presumably talked to Mick. he didn't have much to say about Stevie (he said one credit he had to give her is that she was always going for commercial success and unlike him she clearly saw that's only achievable by them moving to LA). but he was only talking about his solo plans, and timeline for the album and the tour. and how appreciative he is of the lucky life he has and his family in these crazy lockdown times. no talk about any band reunions.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-13-2020, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
i feel the same as you. i know he wants the reconciliation on a private level and i am ecstatic for him that seems to be happening - somewhat.

but Fleetwood Mac events? one-off like the dance was? sure. tours or anything time consuming? please no.

please Lindsey no. you are flushing your own legacy down the toilet if you do that. and you were just starting to get your name more known. and some street cred that participating on The Killers / Caution gave you. don't throw it all away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Back for what One last big cash grab "farewell" tour with the Rumours five. To do another Fleetwood Mac album when we know that Stevie won't participate even though she wants to make another solo album and just put out a dud new song? It would be a disappointment if he did want to rejoin this unsavory bunch.
yup.

there will be no Mac album. definitely not with Lindsey. and another cash grab tour would diminish, not build their legacy. unless Stevie actually exits Fleetwood Mac. which she has no need doing. the other 3 would be more than happy to work and push an album out with Lindsey then. but it should be under FM name, not like last time.

now, again, one-off event or two? sure.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-13-2020, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also...we already know how Stevie handles people coming back into the band. Christine finally returns to the band after 18 years and you could definitely smell the resentment from Stevie. All the talk was about Christine and THEN all the talk about Christine and Lindsey’s album. She completely snubbed a new Fleetwood Mac record that involved Christine. That speaks for itself.

If Lindsey were to return, all the press would be all about his return in light of the 2018 drama. It would just create even more resentment.

There’s no good moves left for Lindsey as long as she is in the band. None of the tours are worth the sh*t storm they kick up.

Good for Lindsey if he can patch it up with Christine, Mick etc but at this point his best option is to bow out of Fleetwood Mac events. Make another album with Christine and walk away from the Mac.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
here's the deal - back in 1997 Stevie's career was in the toilet. she needed the Mac to pull her out and make her career viable again. now? she's on her legendary top. she is using huge draws like Harry Styles to stay relevant. and, by throwing out Lindsey and diminishing Christine, she's created illusion that she is the only frontwoman / singer /songwriter of Fleetwood Mac. that FM equals her. what she and many of her fans always dreamed of. so why would she want Lindsey back and diminish all that? similarly, solo she's on the top as she keeps reminding everyone at every turn. she's a legend.

exactly. she only talked about Lindsey because she wants to "wash herself clean" of all the crap that she all of the sudden realized is still sticking to her for what she did to him and for breaking up the band.

since she talked about Lindsey, Mick figured he can too. because he did her bidding and won't let her come out smelling like a dying flower she calls herself and put it all on him. so while she allegedly all of the sudden put together some completely offending note to Lindsey after reading all the hate thrown her way, Mick one-upped her describing the actual conversation he had when Lindsey called him after Peter died. Mick is keeping all his options open. his restaurant is letting go majority of the staff. he will probably go bankrupt again any day now.

now before we go too far down the vortex of reunion, i want to remind everyone that many people here thought that when ousting Lindsey was going on in the background, people here were having delusions about us not hearing anything because FM was secretly working on an album.

Lindsey was interviewed month after Peter's death on that zoom call. so after he presumably talked to Mick. he didn't have much to say about Stevie (he said one credit he had to give her is that she was always going for commercial success and unlike him she clearly saw that's only achievable by them moving to LA). but he was only talking about his solo plans, and timeline for the album and the tour. and how appreciative he is of the lucky life he has and his family in these crazy lockdown times. no talk about any band reunions.
I forgot about Mick's restaurant! You're right, tourism to Hawaii was totally shut down for several months and is still really limited because a lot of people won't fly. I bet he applied for some of that gov't sustenance money but that's done and Trump says he won't offer another round of it, so yeah, if Mick doesn't want to lay people off he or his partners would have to lay out their own cash.

In addition to Harry, Miley Cyrus has been touting Stevie the last couple months, she based some lines in her latest song on the chorus melody of Edge of 17 and (unlike Stevie herself) she contacted Stevie to tell her she borrowed from her song and to get Stevie's ok to keep it in as a tribute to her influence on Miley's work. She reports getting a letter from Stevie saying "you can borrow from me any time". We've only heard about it thru Miley, interesting to see if Stevie ever mentions it. Everyone has commented on the similarity to Edge of 17 and done mash up videos of the two.