Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:31 PM
Ledgie

Default Buckingham McVie: Song Titles We Know

So, a few titles of songs have been revealed from the upcoming Buckingham McVie album in the last couple of years but I know there are a few more I'm missing. Can anybody help out?

CARNIVAL BEGIN
ON WITH THE SHOW
TOO FAR GONE
HOW I FEEL
RED SUN

What are the other titles they've mentioned in interviews and articles?

Cheers!
Old 01-16-2017, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalBegin View Post
So, a few titles of songs have been revealed from the upcoming Buckingham McVie album in the last couple of years but I know there are a few more I'm missing. Can anybody help out?

CARNIVAL BEGIN
ON WITH THE SHOW
TOO FAR GONE
HOW I FEEL
RED SUN

Cheers!
Well CarnivalBegin, just as I mentioned your name in another thread...welcome.
Actually, I think Carnival Begin, Too Far Gone and Red Sun were mentioned at one point or another. I dont think I recall How I Feel and I was under the impression On With The Show was just the title of the tour. No idea it was a song. Can you recall where you may have gotten the information about those two song titles from?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-17-2017, 01:01 PM

Did we know of any of the trio songs w/ LB, MF, JM?
Old 01-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Ledgie

I cannot, unfortunately, retrace the article that mentioned "On With the Show" as a song title but I remember debating with fellow Buckingham fanatics whether that was just "Miss Fantasy" (which includes that line) or if indeed it was a new song with that title.

"How I Feel" is played for the reporter in this article - probably the best article to come out about these sessions thus far:

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...ine-mcvie.html
Old 01-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for this. I vaguely remember the article now. Wow, nearly three years ago.

'Another McVie-Buckingham collaboration they previewed, "How I Feel," is a buoyant number with all the markings of a hit'

'He leans forward and side by side, they listen to the playback of "Too Far Gone," a danceable new Fleetwood Mac song'

If those two are anything to go by it sounds like the material is pretty upbeat. jbrownsjr- Too Far Gone could be one of the older songs Lindsey did with Mick and John. I think they said in the recent article Christine added lyrics to the instrumental music of L, M & J.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-17-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Thanks for this. I vaguely remember the article now. Wow, nearly three years ago.

'Another McVie-Buckingham collaboration they previewed, "How I Feel," is a buoyant number with all the markings of a hit'

'He leans forward and side by side, they listen to the playback of "Too Far Gone," a danceable new Fleetwood Mac song'

If those two are anything to go by it sounds like the material is pretty upbeat. jbrownsjr- Too Far Gone could be one of the older songs Lindsey did with Mick and John. I think they said in the recent article Christine added lyrics to the instrumental music of L, M & J.
I'm getting so excited, all this talk.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Ledgie

It is, indeed, very exciting.

Lindsey's "SEEDS WE SOW" album and his three contributions on "EXTENDED PLAY" were nothing short of stellar. I still say "SEEDS WE SOW" is Lindsey's strongest solo album (with "Out of the Cradle" and "Gift of Screws" very, very close behind) and I think he's going to be doing everything in his power to ensure the success of this album. I think he won't shy away from being plenty "commercial" in the hopes of proving Stevie wrong about the whole: "Nobody buys records anymore" theory. Sure, the record-buying market is FAR from being what it once was, but there's still a market out there and just a good showing in the charts would be fantastic.

Christine is usually excellent when she's in good hands. I think, "IN THE MEANTIME" had some very strong songs but I also think her nephew probably let her do anything she wanted and was a little too obsessed with finding the Fleetwood Mac 1975/77 sound with a (big) shot of "Behind the Mask". Imagine "Friend" and "You Are" in the hands of Buckingham. I think those would've been stellar. "Northern Star" and a couple others were full of potential too so - yes, it's looking very, very good for this album.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey's "SEEDS WE SOW" album and his three contributions on "EXTENDED PLAY" were nothing short of stellar. I still say "SEEDS WE SOW" is Lindsey's strongest solo album (with "Out of the Cradle" and "Gift of Screws" very, very close behind) and I think he's going to be doing everything in his power to ensure the success of this album. I think he won't shy away from being plenty "commercial" in the hopes of proving Stevie wrong about the whole: "Nobody buys records anymore" theory. Sure, the record-buying market is FAR from being what it once was, but there's still a market out there and just a good showing in the charts would be fantastic.
I think everyone involved would be surprised at how successful their album(s) could still be, if they marketed them right. Talk shows, for instance, are very outdated, because Stevie is right -- the demographic they need to appeal to is people in their teens and 20s.

News of Buckingham McVie has rippled across the internet and I think it's going to do well.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I think everyone involved would be surprised at how successful their album(s) could still be, if they marketed them right. Talk shows, for instance, are very outdated, because Stevie is right -- the demographic they need to appeal to is people in their teens and 20s.

News of Buckingham McVie has rippled across the internet and I think it's going to do well.
You know, you just have to market it to people that would want to buy it. Sell it at the shows. Market differently.. If the music is good, it will pick up some traction.
Buckingham/McVie care about the art, the music. Stevie cares about fame and dollars. She used to know who she was.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-17-2017 at 08:15 PM..
Old 01-17-2017, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wouldn't take it as gospel that those will be the titles. They may just be working titles that they used in order to copyright their work before shelving the project while they went on tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-18-2017, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey's "SEEDS WE SOW" album and his three contributions on "EXTENDED PLAY" were nothing short of stellar. I still say "SEEDS WE SOW" is Lindsey's strongest solo album (with "Out of the Cradle" and "Gift of Screws" very, very close behind) and I think
yay, completely agree with you - Seeds is my favorite album of his, followed by Cradle + Gift of Screws.

so good to see new members who love LB music here - welcome!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2017, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

CARNIVAL BEGIN
ON WITH THE SHOW
TOO FAR GONE
HOW I FEEL
RED SUN

Cheers!
wasn't one of the titles Lay down something something?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You know, you just have to market it to people that would want to buy it. Sell it at the shows. Market differently.. If the music is good, it will pick up some traction.
i don't know about that.... plenty of great music doesn't pick up any traction.

now they have huge advantage of the fleetwood mac headlines out of the gate... but so did their EP, and it stopped there, they just dropped the ball. they / their marketing people should FM headlines smartly if they want to bring this new album to larger number of ears. it can be easily done if they have / hire the right people.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know about that.... plenty of great music doesn't pick up any traction.

now they have huge advantage of the fleetwood mac headlines out of the gate... but so did their EP, and it stopped there, they just dropped the ball. they / their marketing people should FM headlines smartly if they want to bring this new album to larger number of ears. it can be easily done if they have / hire the right people.
I meant to say.. if the music is good AND they market it correctly.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Buckingham/McVie care about the art, the music. Stevie cares about fame and dollars. She used to know who she was.
I never thought that anyone who has ever been in Fleetwood Mac could surpass King Midas himself Mick Fleetwood for mercenary and money grubbing ways but Stevie seems to be taking a serious go at it.