Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post

anti choice for abortion...

Kevin

Why should a woman and a man (if the man has any say)
have the right to commit murder or have it hired out?

I would like to ask this of anyone who responds. Force
yourself to watch an abortion performed. Make sure to
see one that lets you witness the baby's reaction to the
tools and chemicals used during the process.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

So I guess you are also against the death penalty?

Old 07-27-2016, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
So I guess you are also against the death penalty?
I'll be glad to give you an answer. But first, did
you have the time to do what I asked?
Old 07-27-2016, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll be glad to give you an answer. But first, did
you have the time to do what I asked?
I don't have to ..I am pro-life..now you can answer my question.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, no one has to do anything I say. But I was
hoping that any responses given would be after
witnessing the horrifying act of abortion.

The death penalty question is difficult to answer.
And most times when one takes a pro-life position
that's the question that gets thrown in your face.

I don't think they are comparable. One is an innocent,
the other a convicted criminal.

That said, the older I get the more I'm not sure what
the answer is to the death penalty. It would be easy
from afar to say this or that person deserves it. But
if one was the actual judge in a case, to put it this way,
I'd hate to make that type of decision.

My answer is - I don't know.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I consider being pro life as also being against the death penalty.That is also most likely one of the differences between being a Catholic and a Protestant evangelical.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:

I don't know how it's in the US but here abortion is possible only until the 9th week (excluded) and there's no "reaction" from the embrio that at the point is circa 1-2 inches long, shaped like a bean. There's really no brain too, there are only the first sketches of the nerves and of the corpus callosum.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 07-27-2016 at 09:21 AM..
Old 07-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Prenatal image gallery:

http://www.ehd.org/prenatal-images-index.php

Old 07-28-2016, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For the umpteenth time Trump seems very un-presidential re: 'Russia invited to hack Hillary's emails'. Paul Ryan, a CIA director and his own VP spoke against his comments today.

Volatile Donald would be a good name, although he seems to see it as being wily and unpredictable. By the way, Canada is almost entirely aghast at idea of a Trump presidency (NATO and trade ideas he has are being heavily criticized to say the least). All these reports of people fleeing north might be part of it (no idea where people who can't stand Hillary or Obama could go). I think we're still the largest trading partner for whatever that's worth. Or are we, like the media, in on the great conspiracy against him and the millions of people he seems to think agree with him on everything? Someone better break it to him gently that the numbers can lie 'folks'.

Last edited by becca; 07-28-2016 at 12:10 AM..
Old 07-28-2016, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

1. here abortion is possible only until the 9th week (excluded) and there's no "reaction" from the embrio that at the point is circa 1-2 inches long, shaped like a bean.

2. There's really no brain too, there are only the first sketches of the nerves and of the corpus callosum.
1. Since we all develop at slightly different ages I'm guessing babies in the womb do too.

With no medical evidence for when the soul enters the body of the baby, if they
are separated at all in time. As a Christian, I couldn't be a doctor who performs
abortions, not knowing this - at anytime after conception.

2. Again, as a Christian I believe a human life begins at the moment of conception.

I've mentioned this before. If anyone here has had an abortion there is forgiveness
through Christ Jesus. He has already paid for all of our sins. If you come before God
in Jesus name and ask for forgiveness, He is willing to forgive.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Just two points and then I will shut up.

1. I just feel like it's important for people to know the process by which refugees (Syrian or otherwise) get to the US. Unless they have close family members (l.e. mother or father) in a country, they do not get to choose the country where they go. The UN decides that. They have to wait 18 months to 2 years minimum before they are allowed to come to the US. During that time they are vetted. So promising to check immigrants before they come here is just saying that they will keep the same process that already happens. And it seems unlikely that a potential terrorist would pretend to be a refugee just so he could wait in a camp for 2 years with a small chance that he would end up in the US and that his background wouldn't come up in the vetting process.

2. Do those of you who are voting Trump agree with the GOP's anti LGBT stance (try to overturn the SCOTUS's decision to allow same sex marriage), anti choice for abortion, anti Muslim ("We won't let any Muslims into the country" (totally impossible to do, by the way), its refusal to accept climate change, and his horrible comments on women's appearance and mocking of people with disabilities? Or do you not like those things, but think that other things take precedence? Just wondering. Obviously I"m not a fan.

Kevin
@pattyfan or Kevin, how little ye know or understand. The Repubs (nor Democrats) can NOT just get elected and overturn the SCOTUS decisions mentioned above on that which has already been decided. NEW Legislation will be required for all of those things you mention above and that is NOT likely to happen. Remember as well, that the true power of the Presidency is in making policy, not laws, and power in signing those laws (or veto) and making them the "law of the land." The one I can see can easily be overturned is the ACA since it was authorized (allegedly) by Congress and Presidential mandate (Executive Order).

Now, lest ye need a civics lesson, what you and I say or vote does not matter UNLESS you're in one of those electoral college states or swing states that really matter. The ones in play as of now are OH, PA, FL, CO, VA and perhaps AZ. It really doesn't matter what happens west of the Mississippi as far as the popular vote or electoral college vote goes since those states (except for CO and AZ) are not in play. IF OH goes to Trump as well as FL, its over for the Dems. It also cuts the other way. The first to 270 EC votes wins the whole enchilada, regardless of the popular vote.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Latest presidential utterances...

Trump to NBC reporter Katy Tur when questioning his encouraging a foreign country to hack Hillary Clinton's emails: "Be quiet. I know you want to save her."

When asked about his relationship with Vladimir Putin: "I never met Putin. I don't know who Putin is. He said one nice thing about me. He said I'm a genius."

Also he said something about ripping up the Geneva convention. Strong?

So basically, shut up, I'm a genius, forget everything involving rights and agreements of the past.

Ok,. I am officially scared now. Especially as he is ahead by several points in the last poll!

WTF?
Old 07-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
Latest presidential utterances...

Trump to NBC reporter Katy Tur when questioning his encouraging a foreign country to hack Hillary Clinton's emails: "Be quiet. I know you want to save her."

When asked about his relationship with Vladimir Putin: "I never met Putin. I don't know who Putin is. He said one nice thing about me. He said I'm a genius."

Also he said something about ripping up the Geneva convention. Strong?

So basically, shut up, I'm a genius, forget everything involving rights and agreements of the past.

Ok,. I am officially scared now. Especially as he is ahead by several points in the last poll!

WTF?
Sorry, but that's old news from yesterday ?? Canadian Internet a lil slow today??? BTW, YOUR vote and opinion don't count nor does mine in the great white north!! You guys didn't exactly elect a rocket scientist according to my many friends there.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, okay... so Trump news today is him saying how he wanted to physically hit speakers at the Dem convention, especially some "little guy". Feel better?

Is that also a sorry, freedom of speech does not extend to 'foreigners' (worked for U.S. based companies many times, lived in three states, family in two)?

As a public service here are some of Hillary's "lies" from last night fact checked (courtesy NYTimes)...

Clinton: “Our economy is so much stronger than when they took office. Nearly 15 million new private-sector jobs.”

FACT CHECK: This is true. Since early 2010, when the economy stopped losing jobs every month, 14.8 million jobs have been added in the longest streak of private-sector job growth in history.

Clinton: “More than 90 percent of the gains have gone to the top 1 percent.”

FACT CHECK: This depends on the time frame you consider. From 2009 to 2012, the top 1 percent of families captured 91 percent of total real family income growth, according to Emmanuel Saez, an economist at the University of California, Berkeley.

Clinton: “In Atlantic City, 60 miles from here, you will find contractors and small businesses who lost everything because Donald Trump refused to pay his bills.”

FACT CHECK: This is true. Several news organizations have documented many specific instances where contractors say Mr. Trump or his organization refused to pay them for work they had done, in Atlantic City and elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyone listen to Donald Trump's acceptance speech last night?

I thought for the first time he sounded presidential. It's the best
speech I've ever heard him give. If I had to describe it in one word
it would be powerful. And well over 30 million tuned in.

Like most conventions it was pretty much a snoozefest. With the
exception of Rudy Giuliani. What Trump needed was a home run.
And that's what he got.

I'll let others argue about the facts he presented in the speech. And
how we're going to accomplish what he promised. What one can't
argue about is the passion in which he gave the speech. And how it
moved the audience. He took command last night like no one I've
seen in recent history.

A powerful America. A safe America. That's what his rival won't
and can't promise.

With today's events in Germany and the others around the world
including the United States recently, the campaigns that promise
law and order or even more importantly safety will do well.

Our current President and Hillary seem clueless about this. You
say no? You heard the President's speech along side his Mexican
counterpart today?

Sometimes events change what would have been the outcome of
certain elections. And that it seems is happening now.

He did sound Presidential and it was good speech. I enjoyed Hillary's too. I thought it was best I have ever heard from both of them. However, I think their children were excellent and even better. They raised some good kids. That is what I kept thinking throughout both telecasts.
Closed Thread