Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
In the interest of fairness...

Stevie:

- Says there's no money in new music so refuses to make a new album

- Won't get out of bed to rehearse until after 3pm

- Calls Lindsey 'Mr Useless'

We all know that Buckingham/McVie was supposed to be the new Mac album. They could be touring behind it now as a group. So Ms Nicks's attitude is holding the group back from moving on.

Discuss...
Mr Useless? Is she having a laugh? He's the one that has kept the band together over the years, with not just his vocals and song writing but being the main producer as well.

Without Lindsey we wouldn't have the Fleetwood Mac we know today.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This 'Mr Useless' thing has been taken WAY out of context and it is extremely petty and childish that people are using it as a way of criticising Stevie. She was talking about the early 70s when Lindsey didn't contribute financially and didn't work. She was not calling him useless now.

STOP THIS, IT'S BORING.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
This 'Mr Useless' thing has been taken WAY out of context and it is extremely petty and childish that people are using it as a way of criticising Stevie. She was talking about the early 70s when Lindsey didn't contribute financially and didn't work. She was not calling him useless now.

STOP THIS, IT'S BORING.
Half right.
I agree she was joking and trying to be funny. But Lindsey was working. He was busting his ass every day playing guitar and writing music. It was his guitar playing that landed them in Fleetwood Mac and made them superstars.
Just imagine if Lindsey said.... I worked on our music all day while Stevie was out scrubbing toilets. She was Ms. Useless back in those days.
EVERYONE would go NUTS and be bashing Lindsey.
I get what you are saying but to trivialize what Lindsey was doing she should appreciate every day of her life. Thank goodness Lindsey had the time to practice his guitar and write music. And it was noble that his girlfriend went out to work to support him.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Half right.
I agree she was joking and trying to be funny. But Lindsey was working. He was busting his ass every day playing guitar and writing music. It was his guitar playing that landed them in Fleetwood Mac and made them superstars.
Just imagine if Lindsey said.... I worked on our music all day while Stevie was out scrubbing toilets. She was Ms. Useless back in those days.
EVERYONE would go NUTS and be bashing Lindsey.
I get what you are saying but to trivialize what Lindsey was doing she should appreciate every day of her life. Thank goodness Lindsey had the time to practice his guitar and write music. And it was noble that his girlfriend went out to work to support him.
Spot on.

She should be able to get away with it. Because "that's our ditzy Stevie".

Bullsh*t! Just because she's a ditz doesn't mean she shouldn't be held accountable, like a normal person.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

STOP THIS, IT'S BORING.
You're right, James it is boring...
And IMO she's using the phrase " Mr Useless" as a term of endearment.
I can imagine any wife of 40 years saying.."Oh you know Mr Useless"
about their husbands DIY efforts...
Old 09-04-2017, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, she knows fully well that if it wasn't for Lindsey then she wouldn't be in Fleetwood Mac BUT my point is that she didn't mean it in a nasty way. I'm pretty sure most people know that but they're turning it into something it's not just as an excuse to ONCE AGAIN attack Stevie.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, she knows fully well that if it wasn't for Lindsey then she wouldn't be in Fleetwood Mac BUT my point is that she didn't mean it in a nasty way. I'm pretty sure most people know that but they're turning it into something it's not just as an excuse to ONCE AGAIN attack Stevie.
i hear what you are saying James, but i think you all are taking this way too serious. don't think people are really attacking her about this one - just having tons of fun with mr useless comment cos it's hilarious. joking ya know??

now if people are trying to say that Stevie and Lindsey don't throw digs at each other any chance they get and that everything they say about each other including this are just cute jokes and terms of endearment i got some bridges i can sell ya all!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it all boils down to:
There are Stevie worshippers who can't handle anything negative being said about her. I mean, EVERYBODY loves her, right?

But the FACT is that there are some people who love the band, but don't like her. I know that that seems an impossibility, but it's true.

So yeah, she might get made fun of. I'm sure the Mr. Useless thing is being blown way out of proportion, but it makes her look like an INGRATE, nonetheless, having said it.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:07 PM

I don't understand what's the problem with Stevie having made a joke at young Lindsey being useless, as a men who grew up in the 50's-60's and in middle-class he most certainly was; those were years during which men professed change, progress and equality but when they came home still expected women to serve them. Throughout all the late 60s and 70s the situation changed on the surface in the fact that women finally had the right to work (and I'm talking about middle-class women), but obviously at home they still had to shoulder all of the domestic chores. Maybe it's because most of the people here belong more or less to the same age demographic?
Old 09-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry but Miss Nicks brought this ALL on by herself. She begged Christine to come back and then when she did refused to go in the studio. It wasn't months in the studio, liked she claimed it would be. None of the songs really are Tusk like so she should have been happy with that. We just all assumed a final FM album once Christine came back, was a given, but Stevie ruined it. I will never forgive her for that.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I'm sorry but Miss Nicks brought this ALL on by herself. She begged Christine to come back and then when she did refused to go in the studio. It wasn't months in the studio, liked she claimed it would be. None of the songs really are Tusk like so she should have been happy with that. We just all assumed a final FM album once Christine came back, was a given, but Stevie ruined it. I will never forgive her for that.
I know Stevie wanted Christine to return, but when she did it scuppered Stevie's
plans for her latest solo work....Songs from the Vault..
Stevie went out on tour with On with the Show with The Mac from September 2014 till Nov. 2015.
The Macs previous tour only just finishing in Oct.2013
When Songs from the Vault was released in Oct. 2014 I am sure Stevie planned to promote it ......but because Christine returned she never could (till now).
I am not defending Stevie, just stating how it was.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I know Stevie wanted Christine to return, but when she did it scuppered Stevie's
plans for her latest solo work....Songs from the Vault..
Stevie went out on tour with On with the Show with The Mac from September 2014 till Nov. 2015.
The Macs previous tour only just finishing in Oct.2013
When Songs from the Vault was released in Oct. 2014 I am sure Stevie planned to promote it ......but because Christine returned she never could (till now).
I am not defending Stevie, just stating how it was.
Yes and did they REALLY need to go on a tour that long and do multiple dates? No they all wanted the cash but part of me feels like she said no to an immediate album and then NO to any album at all.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I don't understand what's the problem with Stevie having made a joke at young Lindsey being useless, as a men who grew up in the 50's-60's and in middle-class he most certainly was; those were years during which men professed change, progress and equality but when they came home still expected women to serve them. Throughout all the late 60s and 70s the situation changed on the surface in the fact that women finally had the right to work (and I'm talking about middle-class women), but obviously at home they still had to shoulder all of the domestic chores. Maybe it's because most of the people here belong more or less to the same age demographic?
Of course it was a joke but Lindsey was anything BUT useless. That is what irks some people. It was a joke but also a swipe. Lindsey did work. Lindsey worked on her songs. Lindsey practiced guitar. Lindsey wrote songs and got gigs.
If I were her, I would call him anything but useless
Old 09-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just wanted to remind you all that I started this thread as a response the another thread called 'Buckingham McVie is a distraction Fleetwood Mac cannot afford', suggesting that the band could be going ahead if it hadn't been for Lindsey and Chris putting their album out, and which I thought was missing the point a bit. It seemed to me that Stevie's non-involvement was the real reason that things had stalled - after all, this was clearly supposed to be a full band album; the other members had talked about their hopes that Stevie would come into the studio and finish it off, and when she didn't, history had to be rewritten and suddenly it was always going to be a duet album. Lindsey and Christine went out on the road with all those great new songs, and what should have been a wonderful late era for the band turned out to be a major missed opportunity.

Of course, 'Mr Useless' was a flippant and wry comment on their early days, but for me it added to the feeling that any respect and even affection between Stevie and Lindsey that once held the band together has pretty much dried up, and that apart from some cash-grab shows, there's really no chance now of that last great artistic statement from Fleetwood Mac we all long for.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong! I would love there to be an emotional full reunion and a glorious final album, and who knows, maybe there will be, but right now I think that's just a dream.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie is doing all this solo stuff lately JUST so she improves her chances of getting into the rock and roll hall of fame as a solo act, which would be the ultimate burn to Lindsey. Yes I think she's that devious lately.