User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2002, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Where were you when....

Where and when did you first see FM or any member of FM live in concert?

Where and when did you last see FM or any member of FM live in concert?

First time for me it was the Tusk tour at the Forum in Los Angeles in '79.

Last time for me was Stevie at the Universal Amphitheater in October of last year.

Please share any particularly cool moments in concert that you have experienced.

Old 04-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: Minnesota....but really ANYWHERE but HERE.....because it SUCKS!!!
Heart It was...

(Might be LONGGGG)

My first and ONLY (so far) was on the TISL tour when she hit IL. It was amazing to me...I was in AWE of her. Everyone reacts differently to that situation and I had NO CLUE what to expect because I had never experienced a concert let alone a STEVIE concert. So I got in there,I have floor seats...WAYYYYY Back...but HELLO..STILL floor! Well when I finally made my way up to the front...it was during Bombay Sapphires and I saw her face....I just ...SPEECHLESS. This was the person that I've been a die-hard fan of for years and NOW I got to see her.INCREDIBLE....
On a VERY funny SIDE note...I had come all the way from Winona,MN to be there because (hmmm call it intution) but I DIDN'T want to wait for the MN concert. (which ended up being cancelled) I'm 16 and got a hotel,a friend to drive me,and a ticket..ALL by myself. I was making some plans to meet some Ledgie friends of mine and it didn't pan out well because there were like three Mcdonald's in the same radius. Laura (LAURAHI..is the Ledgie) had told me "I'll be wearing this,and this and this..and OH...my BOYFRIEND looks like LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM". ...so I pretty BUMMED out that I didn't get to meet these people....before the concert...because they sounded so AWESOME online.
Well At the END of the concert I DIDN'T want to go back to the Hotel and I thought I should wander until I just can't wander anymore...so I DID...for maybe about 10 minutes. Now you WON'T believe this..but I was walking out..talkng to some people on the way...and then I saw this person join in on our conversation and.... I looked at her...I looked at her BOYFRIEND and I KNEW...it was LAURA. What's even MORE amazing about this was the fact that we were trying to get a hold of my friend (a worried sick adult) at the hotel...And we kept trying and trying and trying and there was no answer.I went out and had a good time with them and by the time I got back to the hotel it was about 3 or 4 in the morning...we had tried to get a hold of them ALL NIGHT, but I STILL couldn't reach their room.THey drove me back to the hotel and waited with me...the guy at the desk REFUSED to let me in..because I was a MINOR...threatened to call the cops on me...and I COULDN'T get a hold of them..STILL (By this point you think there was SOMETHING wrong here) it turns out that the STUPID Hotel phone to the room was NOT working.....So if I wouldn't have found Laura and Jeremy AFTER the concert...I don't know WHAT I would have done.
It was just a FUN,WILD,and CRAZY night that I'll NEVER forget!

LOL
~alex~*

Last edited by BBALLGYPSY17; 04-18-2002 at 08:08 PM..
Old 04-18-2002, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

*** Well I was so lucky, thats all I have to say. I can tell this story a million times and probably have. I got into Fleetwood Mac because of the Dance in 8-97. The tour was starting and I ran into money...so I went to get a ticket. Sold out! I was so mad. So I went to win them on a radio station ( a young top 40 was even giving away those suckers!) and 9:00 first try I won after telling the dj I was a tall cute redhead and that I *didn't* look like Stevie( I know, bad but I wanted that ticket!) so I first saw them 9-26-97 at the Camden E Center.

*** Last FM concert was the Dance show in AC 11-97.
Last Stevie was 9-15-2001. Again I was blessed. I had a show in NY the day after the 9-11 attacks. Of course it was cancelled and I was sad...but it really didn't matter. Who wanted to see Stevie after 9-11? I was scared to be near NY in all honesty.

9-15 was a Saturday, I was off and depressed because 9-11 was a hard time. But I wanted to see Stevie in AC. I just felt she could heal me. So my friend and I went last minute with NO TICKETS. We got to the ticket counter...nothing. I cried. Then she said wait and we got 2 really bad seats...but I was happy. We saw her practice and ran into Sharon C.

So we got drunk at the Hard Rock because we were nervous and stressed...( I totally regret that now) and a friend came to me with two tickets. I told her we didn't have the $$. She said oh well and gave us GREAT 10th row tickets for free!!! I couldn't believe it! So we were at 10th row, yes I was pretty trashed but it was so much fun. Im always lucky!!!
Old 04-18-2002, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the day the music died...

I've always loved that line from 'American Pie.'

The last Fleetwood Mac related concert I saw was Stevie at the Atlantic City 'tisl' show. What a night.

Only days after 9-11.... Stevie was in her full "tisl" set list mode, and gave a beautiful, heartfelt performance. Not only was she there for us, but we were there for her. I will never forget this night...

and my first show.. St. Lous and the checkerdome. Me and Greg drove all the way from Springfield for the show... bought pot outside the arena that turned out to be tea.. and we smoked it anyway. I'll never forget "Sisters of the Moon" "Rhiannon" "Go Your Own Way" and "Angel". I think that was the night that Stevie became my favorite member of the band. I will never forget this night...
Old 04-18-2002, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default TISL, first and last

I didn't get into FM until the Dance, and by then, I was too late to see them!

So my first time was this past August - Stevie's TISL tour - in the Houston Woodlands arena. I had 10th row seats that I payed too much money for and danced all night! It was awesome.

The last time (and the second time) was when I saved up to go to Phoenix in Dec. I was second row and it was one of the best nights of my life. An incredible experience! I'm already saving up for the next one - and the FM tour - I'm prepared to shut off the heat....lol

Old 04-18-2002, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile It's been a long road.....

and I've enjoyed every minute of it!

The first time was The White Album Tour. It was special seeing the "characters" of FM performing live up on the stage in front of me with the full moon backdrop...the names, the voices became REAL. Actually it was the first concert I'd ever seen.

Last time was TISL last year. A beautful July day at an outdoor venue in Cincinnati. Stevie's performance was stellar, as if she hadn't missed a beat in 25 yrs....well maybe lost a few registers and gained a "few" pounds.. LOVE YA STEVIE!

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 04-18-2002 at 09:19 PM..
Old 04-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The first time I saw any of them was in Indy for the Dance. We had fourth row....and it was just unbelievable. They were awesome. I think the coolest moment had to have been when I looked through my Mom's binoculars during Go Insane. lmao!! I could actually see the individual beads of sweat running down Lindsey's face...and disappearing into the collar of his shirt. HAHAHA......~~whew~~ WHAT a moment!

The last time was in Nashville, for TISL. And the most memorable thing for that show was that I even got to see her at all...cause I had fourth row for Indy again....and she CANCELLED! And I lost SO MUCH MONEY on those tickets, and didn't figure the hubby would let me spend any more...lol. But I got 11th row like two days before the Nashville show....which was great! Oh, and the feather in her hat...lol...that rocked! AND when she brought Sulamith onstage. TOO cute!~~"GET A YORKIE!!"~~lol.

~~Angela~~ (Who is going to AT LEAST three shows on the new tour!! )
Old 04-19-2002, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The first and only time I saw FM was for the Behind The Mask tour here in the UK. But no Lindsey

The first time I saw Stevie solo was for TOSOTM again here in the UK. Lousy seats and Stevie was not at her best.

The last time I saw Stevie was 6th October'01 in Las Vegas. Coolest moment??? Meeting Stevie!!

Pip
Old 04-19-2002, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never seen Fleetwood Mac live...

BUT I saw Stevie in Atlanta last September for TISL, and that was pretty much the coolest moment of my life so far! The seats were not that amazing... we were on the floor, but it was about 20 rows back... but it was STEVIE, so who cares WHERE the seats were?!?!

Laura.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Thats easy...

Stevie Nicks in Dallas, Texas Aug.3rd 2001 @ the Smirnoff Centre

See above answer...THAT will change in the future...Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 04-19-2002 at 01:24 PM..
Old 04-19-2002, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have never seen FM live yet, but the first Stevie concert I ever went to was at Radio City Music Hall in New York for her Enchanted tour. My seats were 20 rows back on the floor, but I didn't really care at that time where I sat.. just to be able to experience her concert was enough for me.

The last Stevie concert I went to was at the Universal Amphitheater in Los Angeles for the TISL tour. My seats were in the pit.. a few rows away from the stage and it was incredible, especially being able to go up to the stage for Edge of Seventeen and having Stevie shake your hand! What an awesome feeling... to admire and be inspired by someone for so long and then to actually shake their hand and have them talk back to you! It blew my mind!!!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 04-19-2002, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When they taped their appearance on "Don Kirshner's Rock Concert" at the Long Beach Auditorium in September 1974...around the beginning of the "Heroes Are Hard To Find" tour. (A year earlier, I had tickets to see Fleetwood Mac & Deep Purple at the Long Beach Arena...but the DJ of my local radio station found out that it was going to be the "Bogus" Fleetwood Mac, so he told everybody who was going to the show primarily to SEE Fleetwood Mac to NOT go and get their money back, so I did)

Almost 5 weeks ago...March 16th...saw Rick Vito at the Blue Cafe in Long Beach. AWESOME show! And will be seeing Peter Green Splinter Group in a little under 3 weeks at the Downtown Disney House Of Blues on May 9th.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The first time i saw Stevie was May 27,1998 in Hartford...and the last time i saw her was at the AHI Benefit in December where i also saw Mick and Linds for the first time

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-19-2002, 09:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking

Hey....i've never seen FM, but i did see Stevie last summer.....

Me and 4 of my friends went to see Stevie when she came to IL....and,like Alex said, we planned on meeting up with some ledgies, but there were like 300 mcdonald's,lol. but we did end up meeting Jasmit after all (thanks to the ledge badges!) me, mal and trisha were semi-dressed like stevie, and we had pretty crappy seats, but when we asked this sercurity person where our seats were, she said "you guys look like big fans" and pulled out seats...so we found our new seats and they were FOLDING CHAIRS! lol, as opposed to like 3 balcony, it was AWESOME! so, thru the whole concert we're screaming and yelling, and THEN at the end, we were waving our roses and yelling, and Stevie WAVED at us....no joke....lol, i still can't believe it....we screamed about that all night! so, that was my first Stevie concert experience....
Oh, steal your heart away~
Old 04-19-2002, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
The first time I saw any of them was in Indy for the Dance. We had fourth row....and it was just unbelievable. They were awesome. I think the coolest moment had to have been when I looked through my Mom's binoculars during Go Insane. lmao!! I could actually see the individual beads of sweat running down Lindsey's face...and disappearing into the collar of his shirt. HAHAHA......~~whew~~ WHAT a moment!

The last time was in Nashville, for TISL. And the most memorable thing for that show was that I even got to see her at all...cause I had fourth row for Indy again....and she CANCELLED! And I lost SO MUCH MONEY on those tickets, and didn't figure the hubby would let me spend any more...lol. But I got 11th row like two days before the Nashville show....which was great! Oh, and the feather in her hat...lol...that rocked! AND when she brought Sulamith onstage. TOO cute!~~"GET A YORKIE!!"~~lol.

~~Angela~~ (Who is going to AT LEAST three shows on the new tour!! )
This cannot be true!!!

I saw them first time ~get this~ 4th row in Indy!!! and I had the exact same seats for TISL too!! Oh wow! Thats SOOOOOO strange!! And I knew I could shake her hand on the TISL tour because I had 4 th row, and I was rather depressed when it was cancelled, but I got all of my money back from the broker.

And even stranger... I got 11th row in Ohio!!

What a trip, Angela! What part of Indy are you in??

Maria