The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Heartbreakers featuring SN tour brewing?

Twitter is heating up with the talk of a tour after the FM tour. Anyone got any leads.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure how exactly a "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ft. Stevie Nicks Tour" can happen if Tom Petty is dead. It's not like he's a random band member. He's Tom Petty.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s not a TP tour. It’s a SN tour with the HB playing backup featuring some TP songs.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If true she finally gets her wish. Lindsey gone from Fleetwood Mac and she gets a spot in the Heartbreakers. I’d love to be able to hear what Tom Petty would think of all of this.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If true she finally gets her wish. Lindsey gone from Fleetwood Mac and she gets a spot in the Heartbreakers. I’d love to be able to hear what Tom Petty would think of all of this.
Rolling in the grave, no doubt. Nothing he can do now to prevent it. She's tarnishing the legacy of both bands.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
It’s not a TP tour. It’s a SN tour with the HB playing backup featuring some TP songs.
In my opinion, anything involving "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers" is strange to do without Tom Petty himself.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like garbage to me.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

as if the remaining heartbreakers would actually agree to this nonsense]not to mention how the rest of stevie's solo band would feel

the fact that Tom never wanted her in the band
and now (if this is true ... but it sounds like crap) she's taking his band for herself ... is/would be pathetic.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
as if the remaining heartbreakers would actually agree to this nonsense]not to mention how the rest of stevie's solo band would feel

the fact that Tom never wanted her in the band
and now (if this is true ... but it sounds like crap) she's taking his band for herself ... is/would be pathetic.
LOL I was just thinking this...so she's now going to sack her solo band?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
LOL I was just thinking this...so she's now going to sack her solo band?
I’m sure Sharon, Lori, and maybe Waddy (they’d need a second guitarist) would be safe. I couldn’t even name anyone else, TBH.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m sure Sharon, Lori, and maybe Waddy (they’d need a second guitarist) would be safe. I couldn’t even name anyone else, TBH.
I was about to say, they've all been with her for years, but, we know that doesn't really matter....Which begs the question now--is Stevvi Alexander getting the boot in this tour for Marilyn Martin as the third backup singer? I assume Lori will be back for the FM tour.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Ledgie

I predicted this would happen shortly after TP's passing. I actually like this idea better than bringing TPATH songs into FM, mainly because outside of FM, she sounds best when at least a few Heartbreakers are involved with her songs.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Twitter is heating up with the talk of a tour after the FM tour. Anyone got any leads.
At first glance this seemed odd. BUT, you know what? I could actually see it happening. In fact, I think there's a good chance. What are Mike Campbell, Benmont Tench, and Ron Blair going to do now that Tom is dead? I don't think they'll sit around the house OR become just session players for other artists. The REAL money for dinosaur rock acts is in TOURING. Mike, Ben and Ron know that. I can nearly GUARANTEE that they'll hit the road with someone else (as Mike Campbell has already done).

So, a Stevie Nicks Tour featuring The Heartbreakers. Yes. Would they even bring Stan Lynch back? I could see them doing Stevie Nicks songs with a short Tom Petty set -- "I Need To Know", "Stop Draggin", "Don't Come Around Here No More", "The Waiting", "Breakdown", "You Wreck Me", "Wildflowers", and "Runaway Trains".
Old 05-10-2018, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why not just bring in Benmont Tench to be the second keyboardist and have Steve Ferone be the second drummer? Hey, maybe we’d get “Got A Hold On Me” that way.

In all seriousness, a lot can happen between now and then. This tour could be a one-time thing for Fleetwood Mac, or it could lead into something more.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-10-2018, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
At first glance this seemed odd. BUT, you know what? I could actually see it happening. In fact, I think there's a good chance. What are Mike Campbell, Benmont Tench, and Ron Blair going to do now that Tom is dead? I don't think they'll sit around the house OR become just session players for other artists. The REAL money for dinosaur rock acts is in TOURING. Mike, Ben and Ron know that. I can nearly GUARANTEE that they'll hit the road with someone else (as Mike Campbell has already done).

So, a Stevie Nicks Tour featuring The Heartbreakers. Yes. Would they even bring Stan Lynch back? I could see them doing Stevie Nicks songs with a short Tom Petty set -- "I Need To Know", "Stop Draggin", "Don't Come Around Here No More", "The Waiting", "Breakdown", "You Wreck Me", "Wildflowers", and "Runaway Trains".
Stan is not a Stevie fan.

Benmont joining the Mac tour.....could happen. She and he are good friends.

I think Stevie would think she is doing a good thing for her friend Mike in his time of need and won't ever see it how many fans are seeing all this. Same if she got Benmont involved. She'd see herself as a kind of savior.